General News & Politics (67 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Its funny how the previously neutral Belarus, who organized peace talks between Russia and Ukraine is now organizing military shows with Russia next to the Ukranian border lol.

How on earth is Lukasenko still president I have no idea, that country is as fucked as Azerbaijan, everyone knows that the guy is pure scum clinging on to his seat, yet no one does anything about it, how can you not overthrow leaders like Lukasenko or Aliyev I'll never understand.
simple answer: fear for your life. They are willing to kill own people for power.

Only hope is violent nation-wide uprising, but these are dangerous as long as the Dictators' Godfather Putler is still in power (he saved two dictatorship lately - Belarus and Kazakhstan).

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Mexican fans gonna get up to 5 year stadium bans for the “ehhhhhhh… puto” chant. What is the world coming to :lol2:
OK, that is Clown World territory.

I've grown tired of every other headline in conservative media obsessing over wokeness as if people are dying in the streets of it like it's Covid. But when you start imposing punishments for those idiocies that exceeds that when 39 people died at Heysel, something ain't right.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
Was reading up on Ukraine and the reasons for the conflict with Russia. The Ukranian prez used to be comedian.
I'm still confused about the reasons for the conflict - as expected every website has their own viewpoint.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Was reading up on Ukraine and the reasons for the conflict with Russia. The Ukranian prez used to be comedian.
I'm still confused about the reasons for the conflict - as expected every website has their own viewpoint.
There's only one reason standing above a number of pretend-reasons: small man Putin's inferiority complex and the remains of bipolar world order in his KGB head resulting in the notion that adjacent countries have no right to pursuit their own path. A right which was cemented in the Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances but as Bismarck was rumoured to have said, agreements with Russia aren't worth the paper they're written on. Intellectuals blaming the West basically deny countries like Kazakhstan and Ukraine any autonomy and aknowledge that they must remain Russia's puffer zone forever for the sake of *squints at Russia's rustbucket military* safety.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
There's only one reason standing above a number of pretend-reasons: small man Putin's inferiority complex and the remains of bipolar world order in his KGB head resulting in the notion that adjacent countries have no right to pursuit their own path. A right which was cemented in the Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances but as Bismarck was rumoured to have said, agreements with Russia aren't worth the paper they're written on. Intellectuals blaming the West basically deny countries like Kazakhstan and Ukraine any autonomy and aknowledge that they must remain Russia's puffer zone forever for the sake of *squints at Russia's rustbucket military* safety.
This has nothing to do with denying rights, there are no rights in realpolitik. Only strong and weak countries.

Also your view is western biased as this goes both ways. Did the Us allow Iraq or Afghanistan to pursue their own path? Would the US allow Mexico to join the CSTO? see Cuba.

Last edited:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
It's not short, 40 mins or so but pretty objective summery. tldr: Ukraine is fucked.

It's not objective in the slightest.
He calls the 2014 revolution a coup, when the Ukrainians were tired of yanukovic's corruption and putin again refused their right to determine their faith.
He talks just like a Russian propaganda troll.
I wonder why the west(NATO) doesn't show putin your "real politik", notion and just send 1 million troops in Ukraine as Rusia is just a spek of dust in comparison.
What would Putin do then, except whine about the Ukrainians right to determine their own faith?
And this "NATO close to our borders" rhetoric is just for stupid people, as NATO already has borders with Russia, in Estonia, Lithuania and Letonia.
Theoretically NATO could move its attack force anytime they want in those countries and they would walk straight right in Russia if it were the case.

And you know what Ukraine in NATO would actually do?
Stop Russian expansionist dreams in the west.
How else can putin keep in check its own people if not by fabricating imaginary enemies.
FFS Russia's income per capita is smaller than my country and we have like 18 million people.
Russia has 120 or 140 million, the majority leaving in powerty while their oligarchy bleeds the people dry.

Last edited:

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
It's not objective in the slightest.
He calls the 2014 revolution a coup, when the Ukrainians were tired of yanukovic's corruption and putin again refused their right to determine their faith.
He talks just like a Russian propaganda troll.
I wonder why the west(NATO) doesn't show putin your "real politik", notion and just send 1 million troops in Ukraine as Rusia is just a spek of dust in comparison.
What would Putin do then, except whine about the Ukrainians right to determine their own faith?
And this "NATO close to our borders" rhetoric is just for stupid people, as NATO already has borders with Russia, in Estonia, Lithuania and Letonia.
Theoretically NATO could move its attack force anytime they want in those countries and they would walk straight right in Russia if it were the case.

And you know what Ukraine in NATO would actually do?
Stop Russian expansionist dreams in the west.
How else can putin keep in check its own people if not by fabricating imaginary enemies.
FFS Russia's income per capita is smaller than my country and we have like 18 million people.
Russia has 120 or 140 million, the majority leaving in powerty while their oligarchy bleeds the people dry.
First of all I completely agree with the coup/revolution "switch and bait". It's a fair point and I didn't like it either.
But this does not make his cause and effect analysis of the issue less valid. Just devoid of the "moral" aspects.

To the bolded part, this is exactly the point, should or could but the west wont do anything just like they didn't do in Georgia or Crimea, It's just posturing and Ukraine will be left to hang when push comes to shove. Russia is a paper tiger, you are correct, but so is NATO.

Again I'm not saying the rational is correct or justified on either side, it is what it is.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Our president is a goddamn moron, but that has nothing to do with that. Russia is just an empire, yeah shitty empire, but an empire. And war and conquer is what keeps it going, always was and always will be.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
Once again tomice with the pertinent points, nato should have ended with the collapse of the USSR, the conflict was ideological and not specifically with russia. Imo a missed opportunity for the west, we would have been able to put a lot more pressure on china.
A 1000 times this, especially with the "us against the world" mentality of the Russians.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)