General News & Politics (19 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Oh for sure. But like we at war with Russia for the eight year in a row. From the look of it, it’s quite possible that the best case scenario for me for next month is to uproot all my family and move them somewhere before they die under shelling.
And really irks me when some say that it’s “West fault”, “Russian people are nice it’s just Putin” etc. I don’t like this absolving “common folk” from any responsibility.
I’m so sorry man. I hope it’s Deescalated.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
It's the west fault in the sense that they failed to establish any sort of deterrence against Russia on one hand and failed to bring them closer on the other (if it ever was a possibility ofc).

I completely agree that Putin is an extension of Russian sentiment and culture and not some tyrannical whackjob who hijacked a country.
Yeah, I agree. Though I don’t think there was a way for the West to engage somehow more with Russia. Or to be precise I don’t there is something sane that would be “enough” for Russia.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
It's not objective in the slightest.
He calls the 2014 revolution a coup, when the Ukrainians were tired of yanukovic's corruption and putin again refused their right to determine their faith.
He talks just like a Russian propaganda troll.
I wonder why the west(NATO) doesn't show putin your "real politik", notion and just send 1 million troops in Ukraine as Rusia is just a spek of dust in comparison.
What would Putin do then, except whine about the Ukrainians right to determine their own faith?
And this "NATO close to our borders" rhetoric is just for stupid people, as NATO already has borders with Russia, in Estonia, Lithuania and Letonia.
Theoretically NATO could move its attack force anytime they want in those countries and they would walk straight right in Russia if it were the case.

And you know what Ukraine in NATO would actually do?
Stop Russian expansionist dreams in the west.
How else can putin keep in check its own people if not by fabricating imaginary enemies.
FFS Russia's income per capita is smaller than my country and we have like 18 million people.
Russia has 120 or 140 million
, the majority leaving in powerty while their oligarchy bleeds the people dry.
But that’s normal.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
If Germany didn't lose WW1 and WW2 they wouldn't be any different than Russia is today/behave towards their neighbours. Germany was one of the most nationalistic countries you'd find during those years/times.

Defeats often makes humble, hence Germany had to change their society radically (lol), the Russians not as they were on the winning side after WW2.

Believing in propanga/a strong leader is far from just a Russian thing.

It's just the reality really.

Last edited:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
To be honest outside developed western countries, maybe a few exceptions. But otherwise most populations love a populist dictator against their own interests. Of course when the going gets tough, they flock to democratic countries in droves ironically, while still defending the backward ways of where they came from.

That realization is one of the main reasons I decided to move. There's no hope, people want to be ruled by an iron fist, they want freedoms to be limited, and they would justify atrocities whatever they may be in exchange for some jingoistic propaganda.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
To be honest outside developed western countries, maybe a few exceptions. But otherwise most populations love a populist dictator against their own interests. Of course when the going gets tough, they flock to democratic countries in droves ironically, while still defending the backward ways of where they came from.

That realization is one of the main reasons I decided to move. There's no hope, people want to be ruled by an iron fist, they want freedoms to be limited, and they would justify atrocities whatever they may be in exchange for some jingoistic propaganda.
Those few exceptions are Japan, S.Korea, Australia and New Zealand. That's it sadly - outside Europe and N.America the world is pretty much stuck in the Midieval Age.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So whaddaya say guys, are we finally going to get the conflict we’ve been lusting for?

Are all those videos of tanks being shipped on train to Belarus and Ukraine just fake news or wut.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I think its in all of our interests that the US and its allies stand up to Chinese and Russian ambitions for a new world order. Ukraine is important, but perhaps Taiwan even more so. If the Chinese were to invade Taiwan, the US would no longer be considered the pre-eminent world power. China would have a more dominant position in the Indo Pacific, the area of the world where economic growth is the highest. If Russia were to have its way with Ukraine, I really think that would embolden China in Taiwan.

Love the US or hate it, you can point out to a lot of evil its done around the world(but you'd be naive, because at no point in history was foreign relations and geopolitics anything more than a zero sum game). At the very least the US is a liberal democracy, whose government is accountable to someone. Imagine what an authoritarian global power that is accountable to absolutely nobody will do.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Russia probably sees this timeframe as an opportunity to create some chaos and strong arm their neighbors into compliance for multiple reasons.

- Energy prices are high and continue to move north on the charts, putting their non-producing neighbors in a tougher spot
- Dead of winter in Europe and higher food prices means Russia can exacerbate unrest in Ukraine with invasion or blocking of goods
- Russia now has a ton of foreign currency reserves and stockpiled gold, so the impact of sanctions wouldn't be as high
- Europe still battling Covid and civil unrest, which isn't that big of a distraction but still an issue
- Olympics coming up serves as another distraction, although they might decide to wait until after to invade to not upset China
-------- Russia's military drills supposedly end on the day of the closing ceremonies
- Weak and out of his mind American President Brandon has low approval rating and may not even make it to second term, with moron waiting in the wings

May or may not happen, but if they're sending train after train of military equipment from thousands of miles away in the Eastern territory, something obviously seems up.

Last edited:

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
@Tomice tucker echoing what we talked about

I would support the US stopping Russia 100%, I do wish Ukraine had a say in where their country is headed but looking at it from an American citizen point of view I can't fault Tucker there.

Still wondering when in the hell Tucker/FOX news became a less of a joke compared to other American media outlets, he is the best host there for sure, not all his takes but many.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
You people believing in fairly tales are amusing.. need to know there's no "good" vs "bad" there's no east or west there's no "our side".. you think that Putinka isn't in full contact with this side of the equation? NWO is on both sides just trying to carve up Ukraine and rest of the world a little finer among themselves and conflict is needed for that. Therefore relax it doesn't mean we special... those coal and steel and oil mines wont extract themselves but don't worry we are on it.
Sheep mentality is dangerous indeed.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
You people believing in fairly tales are amusing.. need to know there's no "good" vs "bad" there's no east or west there's no "our side".. you think that Putinka isn't in full contact with this side of the equation? NWO is on both sides just trying to carve up Ukraine and rest of the world a little finer among themselves and conflict is needed for that. Therefore relax it doesn't mean we special... those coal and steel and oil mines wont extract themselves but don't worry we are on it.
Sheep mentality is dangerous indeed.
There is something called lesser evil tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)