General News & Politics (26 Viewers)

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I think I read something about the Middle East being more prosperous and developed than Europe before the arrival of Islam.

But to be fair, Europe first got really developed from the 1850's and up. We had our fair share dark ages, it's also not by coincidence we had the bloodiest wars in history fought on our soil.

WW2 was a massive eye opener for Europe in many ways.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I think I read something about the Middle East being more prosperous and developed than Europe before the arrival of Islam.

But to be fair, Europe first got really developed from the 1850's and up. We had our fair share dark ages, it's also not by coincidence we had the bloodiest wars in history fought on our soil.

WW2 was a massive eye opener for Europe in many ways.
Exact opposite actually. Islam went down its dark path much later. Earlier and right through much of the Ottoman Empire era it had a very beneficial effect on regional stability and prosperity.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Exact opposite actually. Islam went down its dark path much later. Earlier and right through much of the Ottoman Empire era it had a very beneficial effect on regional stability and prosperity.
The way I remember it, the Middle East was more developed in the sense of being prosperous. I can very well imagine they had more intern wars before the arrival of Islam.

Maybe I remember it wrong.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The way I remember it, the Middle East was more developed in the sense of being prosperous. I can very well imagine they had more intern wars before the arrival of Islam.

Maybe I remember it wrong.
It depends on the region. The Arabian peninsula was in a much more tribal, undeveloped state pre-Islam. If you are talking about the Byzantine Empire you could have some argument, but that is just the corner of the Middle East. The Persian empire had been dead forever, same with the remnants left after Alexander’s conquests. Islam brought peace, stability, prosperity initially. The golden age of Islam is considered that pre-ottoman era from 8th-13th century, before the Mongols tore it all down. Islamic scholarship thrived then and was arguably the most advanced in the world. It’s also how much of the Ancient Greek knowledge was saved through translations and passed back into the west later. Baghdad was a cultural and scholarly capital of the world. Look up the House of Wisdom in golden age Baghdad. A mirror to the library at Alexandria. Destroyed by the Mongols.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Secular muslim majority countries are just as shit. Iraq, Syria and Lebanon have been secular states for ages. All due respect if anyone's from there, but they're shitholes too. It has a lot more to do with the culture of countries in that region.
Iraq and Syria have been at war for years. the fact is Muslim-majority countries are more authoritarian and less developed is that they are stuck in old Dogmas and old traditions without implementing improvements. in the Countries ruled by Islamic law, people still suffer from lack of freedom and there is always the most immigration from these countries. indonesia, malaysia and turkey are moderate muslims, they are more secular.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
It was before WW1 when the then official Islamic rule over the Middle East was broken up and since then it's been pretty messed up in the region. The problems in the area have little to do with Islam as none of the countries practice the religion properly, what people believe are Islamic countries are actually government manipulation to control the people so in Dubai you can get totally off your head drunk but if you do commit a crime, you get a massively harsh sentence because of the 'disrespect to Islamic culture'. Alcohol wouldn't be available in an Islamic country. This also applies to places like Afghanistan where the Taliban enforce whatever they want in the name of religion. Religion is the easy thing to blame but it's power and money above all, fucking Bin Laden was safely living his best life in Pakistan until Obama needed his popularity boost yet nobody wants to ask Pakistan about how Bin Laden got there.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
It was before WW1 when the then official Islamic rule over the Middle East was broken up and since then it's been pretty messed up in the region. The problems in the area have little to do with Islam as none of the countries practice the religion properly, what people believe are Islamic countries are actually government manipulation to control the people so in Dubai you can get totally off your head drunk but if you do commit a crime, you get a massively harsh sentence because of the 'disrespect to Islamic culture'. Alcohol wouldn't be available in an Islamic country. This also applies to places like Afghanistan where the Taliban enforce whatever they want in the name of religion. Religion is the easy thing to blame but it's power and money above all, fucking Bin Laden was safely living his best life in Pakistan until Obama needed his popularity boost yet nobody wants to ask Pakistan about how Bin Laden got there.
Islam is extra susceptible to manipulation for some reason. Actually I know exactly the reason - it's by far the most dogmatic religion out there, you can't even begin to question it.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@Elvin
Every mainstream religious book is dogmatic, all the books are very similar. It's not that Islam is susceptible, Muslims are easily brainwashed when presented with all the stories of oppression and Western influences. I don't see how it's different to the black people coming out to riot in the name of BLM when the principles of BLM movement is a different story. Blacks are depicted as animals and George Floyd's death has made more people hate blacks than ever when he was murdered for nothing. You assume that if Muslims didn't exist there'd be peace on earth but the poor bastards that sit on the oil will always be the target.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
@Elvin
Every mainstream religious book is dogmatic, all the books are very similar. It's not that Islam is susceptible, Muslims are easily brainwashed when presented with all the stories of oppression and Western influences. I don't see how it's different to the black people coming out to riot in the name of BLM when the principles of BLM movement is a different story. Blacks are depicted as animals and George Floyd's death has made more people hate blacks than ever when he was murdered for nothing. You assume that if Muslims didn't exist there'd be peace on earth but the poor bastards that sit on the oil will always be the target.
Muslims are the only ones willing to kill for their religion. This automatically makes Islam the most dangerous religion.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
@Elvin
You're so wrong and you're not understanding what is being explained. You said it yourself, 'extra susceptible to manipulation for some reason' and that describes yourself because you're fixed in your mindset.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
@Elvin
You're so wrong and you're not understanding what is being explained. You said it yourself, 'extra susceptible to manipulation for some reason' and that describes yourself because you're fixed in your mindset.
Islam is fucked up dude. There isnt much to do about it except promote secularism.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
While I admire your effort to show me I might be wrong, I remain unconvinced.
I should trademark that statement :D

- - - Updated - - -

Islam is fucked up dude. There isnt much to do about it except promote secularism.
All religions are equally fucked up and equally flawed. The funny thing is they all deploy the same narrative and borrow ideologies from one another. Essentially, each religion is an extension of the next, with the name of the prophet and the god changing as a consequence. If you actually read the scriptures and look at balanced unbiased interpretations, you will arrive at the conclusion that they are one and the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)