General News & Politics (6 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
If they wanted him dead he would be dead. He is no actual threat to the Kremlin unlike Boris Nemtsov. This is just playing with food.

Good job Merkel on that Nord Stream 2 btw
Nah, you overestimate Putin's regime and underestimate how incompetent they are in everything.

They talk big game but that regime's days are numbered...

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Nah, you overestimate Putin's regime and underestimate how incompetent they are in everything.

They talk big game but that regime's days are numbered...
Putin is just a name on the top of a pyramid that will never cease to exist. If he dies tomorrow a new name will be pulled from the goblet. They are only as comptetent as they need to be to keep their sheep in check.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Putin is just a name on the top of a pyramid that will never cease to exist. If he dies tomorrow a new name will be pulled from the goblet. They are only as comptetent as they need to be to keep their sheep in check.
Well we dont know for sure; remember, Putin is only their 2nd president ever (yes, Medvedev was just a roose).

But yeah, Russians need another revolution. It's a really unlucky nation if you think about it. All their revolutions resulted in a monarchy under a different name :sergio:

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Well we dont know for sure; remember, Putin is only their 2nd president ever (yes, Medvedev was just a roose).

But yeah, Russians need another revolution. It's a really unlucky nation if you think about it. All their revolutions resulted in a monarchy under a different name :sergio:
Are they really? I'm kind a tired of this notion that Russians are unlucky with their rulers, maybe it's time to admit that these rulers are just what most of the Russians want.

- - - Updated - - -

What would be the play to 'half poison' someone? Fear?
You can't "half poison" with Novichok, it's a killing tool, not intimidating. Someone messed up.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005

Russians don't need a revolution, in fact people in Russia at least the ones with brains (and/or know the countries history with "revolution" ) know a revolution in Russia would be catastrophic considering how massive the country is, and taking into consideration the weak economy Russia has in comparison with other states in the EU.

Mind you the majority of Putin supporters are people who are pensioners and they lived through the 1990's and the catastrophe that was yelsin years so you can't really blame them. As for the younger generation, the majority of whom are air heads specially the lovely utopians who think navalany is the second coming of Christ will be the first ones to Abandon ship when the shit hits the fan and having witnessed this in my own country I can guarantee it would be a lot worse ( don't get me wrong you can't compare Egypt and Russia at all, but you see revolutions have a tendency to go south )

P.s not saying you are not entitled to your opinions Elvin but I assumed you would want a stable Russia as it's Armenia's main defender. At least that's what I was told by my Armenian professor in university.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Are they really? I'm kind a tired of this notion that Russians are unlucky with their rulers, maybe it's time to admit that these rulers are just what most of the Russians want.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't "half poison" with Novichok, it's a killing tool, not intimidating. Someone messed up.
Exactly, truth be told when I moved to Russia and during my first year if pol.science I never really understood how Russians can accept the status quo but having lived there and interacted with people I understood they rather this than the chaos of the 90's which where brutal. Also no one can deny Russians at least until 2014 had massive improvements in there economical life , it's not until the Ukrainian rev did things go back to being slow.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Exactly, truth be told when I moved to Russia and during my first year if pol.science I never really understood how Russians can accept the status quo but having lived there and interacted with people I understood they rather this than the chaos of the '90s which where brutal. Also no one can deny Russians at least until 2014 had massive improvements in there economical life , it's not until the Ukrainian rev did things go back to being slow.
Have you witnessed them firsthand? It's more a myth of Putin's propaganda IMO. Yeah, it was chaotic, crime was everywhere, but there was hope. Now it's just same ol soviet shit, but also with a crime. Tbh, I couldn't care about Russians, I hope they will get a new Stalin on their asses they all so craving for, I just wish they leave us the fuck alone.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Have you witnessed them firsthand? It's more a myth of Putin's propaganda IMO. Yeah, it was chaotic, crime was everywhere, but there was hope. Now it's just same ol soviet shit, but also with a crime. Tbh, I couldn't care about Russians, I hope they will get a new Stalin on their asses they all so craving for, I just wish they leave us the fuck alone.
No I personally didn't witness it, but my wife's family keep telling me about it. Well not all of them are Stalin fan boys truth be told , yes I met some who get a hard on for the guy but they were a few and naturally I don't take anything they say seriously.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
No I personally didn't witness it, but my wife's family keep telling me about it. Well not all of them are Stalin fan boys truth be told , yes I met some who get a hard on for the guy but they were a few and naturally I don't take anything they say seriously.
Almost all of them who came here to get buried during the war are though, even in regular army.
I mean, there are many Russians in Moscow, St.Peterburg, maybe Novgorod, and other cities who are perfectly nice people. They speak at least English, travel, fine people all-around, some of them are even against Russian invasion in my country. Hell, I have relatives in Russia and had friends there. But there are other 95% who come here and down airplanes full of Dutch tourists.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Russians don't need a revolution, in fact people in Russia at least the ones with brains (and/or know the countries history with "revolution" ) know a revolution in Russia would be catastrophic considering how massive the country is, and taking into consideration the weak economy Russia has in comparison with other states in the EU.

Mind you the majority of Putin supporters are people who are pensioners and they lived through the 1990's and the catastrophe that was yelsin years so you can't really blame them. As for the younger generation, the majority of whom are air heads specially the lovely utopians who think navalany is the second coming of Christ will be the first ones to Abandon ship when the shit hits the fan and having witnessed this in my own country I can guarantee it would be a lot worse ( don't get me wrong you can't compare Egypt and Russia at all, but you see revolutions have a tendency to go south )

P.s not saying you are not entitled to your opinions Elvin but I assumed you would want a stable Russia as it's Armenia's main defender. At least that's what I was told by my Armenian professor in university.

You assumed wrong bro, I want a weak Russia exactly because they are Armenia's defender; I'm Azeri :D

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the thing, no one would give a shit about Russia if they just minded their own business.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
You assumed wrong bro, I want a weak Russia exactly because they are Armenia's defender; I'm Azeri :D

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the thing, no one would give a shit about Russia if they just minded their own business.
So much this. Whenever they elect a dictator, or transition to dictatorship, border expansion becomes a possibility.
Russia in the EU would have been a better goal to pursue for them.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@Post Ironic I got one for you this time :lol:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-is-it-time-to-decolonize-your-lawn/

“What is a lawn but a statement of control over nature?” asks John Douglas Belshaw, a Canadian history professor at Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops, B.C.
“That’s a huge part of settler culture. You see that river there? We can dam that. We can organize that water, we can make that water work for us. It’s essentially the same mindset. I can reorganize this landscape, flatten it, plant lawn, find a non-indigenous species of plant, of grass, and completely extract anything that’s not homogenous, that doesn’t fit with this green pattern and control it ... A backyard with a big lawn is like a classroom for colonialism and environmental hostility.”

- - - Updated - - -

Reading the comments...I see a lot of fellow right wingers in there :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)