General News & Politics (9 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
This Twitter thread sums it up pretty well

Was nice read, should be a fact to all that his was a merciless attack dog for a brutal police state with regional power goals, with direct actions that lead many conflicts all over ME (I mainly read about him since the start of Syria war). But does that change the fact? Which is actually assassinating him (no more picking and prodding proxies), a big represantive of their goverment, might start a war no one can afford? Doesnt have to be now, or even during Trumps term, but its bound to have a disastrous ripple effect throughout the coming years.

I find a tweet within that thread you linked thats interesting, these are actual groups who Soleimani/Iran funded and controlled making these threats, I would defenitely not vacation/travel around the region/SE as an american right now :

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Was nice read, should be a fact to all that his was a merciless attack dog for a brutal police state with regional power goals, with direct actions that lead many conflicts all over ME (I mainly read about him since the start of Syria war). But does that change the fact? Which is actually assassinating him (no more picking and prodding proxies), a big represantive of their goverment, might start a war no one can afford? Doesnt have to be now, or even during Trumps term, but its bound to have a disastrous ripple effect throughout the coming years.

I find a tweet within that thread you linked thats interesting, these are actual groups who Soleimani/Iran funded and controlled making these threats, I would defenitely not vacation/travel around the region/SE as an american right now :

fuck em, can’t see a good thing when it hits em in the face

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
well the the chinese and russian comunists killed over 100 million and the majority being their own people
was that general such a saint?
i thought he came from a country in which his leader is a dictator and any comments against the regime is punishable by death.
i thought that the iranian people rose a few times over the years and that guy(khamenei) reprimanded them violently.
Yeah... perhaps ‘Murica should have been a little less brazen about propping up the Shah and his dictatorship with its corruption and brutality... and then that country might not be such a mess today.

And then selling arms to and actively supporting Saddam Hussein and Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war after Khomeini came to power did wonders for US-Iranian relations.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

The thread also addresses Iran's likely response. Basically Khemenei has to choose a path without losing his face or head. It's a difficult decision to make.
That guy Marandi is based in Iran. He used to hold a cabinet position as Minister of Health. I doubt he knows anything about the response. He's just airing his frustration. Soleimani was more than just a military commander. he was the symbol of Iran's shadow power in neighboring countries, so all these threats might be just saving face short term and making a better decision later.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah... perhaps ‘Murica should have been a little less brazen about propping up the Shah and his dictatorship with its corruption and brutality... and then that country might not be such a mess today.

And then selling arms to and actively supporting Saddam Hussein and Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war after Khomeini came to power did wonders for US-Iranian relations.
I am not familiar with Iran's history but that obviously doesn't justify Khomeini's actions against his own people, or the proxy wars the general conducted ,unless you want to say he was doing it to protect his people or to further improve the Iranian way of life.
Also when the Iranian people overthrowed the shah, I don't remember the US quashing them ,like how one of their own(khomeini) does when things get a little heated.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The thread also addresses Iran's likely response. Basically Khemenei has to choose a path without losing his face or head. It's a difficult decision to make.
That guy Marandi is based in Iran. He used to hold a cabinet position as Minister of Health. I doubt he knows anything about the response. He's just airing his frustration. Soleimani was more than just a military commander. he was the symbol of Iran's shadow power in neighboring countries, so all these threats might be just saving face short term and making a better decision later.
There is a quality journalist I'm following that says Iran won't retaliate directly against the US, Israel or UAE because it's too risky. Instead they'll probably focus on Saudi Arabia since they can't win against Iran if there's an escalation

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I am not familiar with Iran's history but that obviously doesn't justify Khomeini's actions against his own people, or the proxy wars the general conducted ,unless you want to say he was doing it to protect his people or to further improve the Iranian way of life.
Also when the Iranian people overthrowed the shah, I don't remember the US quashing them ,like how one of their own(khomeini) does when things get a little heated.
Of course it doesn’t justify Khomeini’s actions... nor do Khomeini’s actions justify American actions in the ME for the past 50 years. Or British actions before that during the Colonial era. It’s about understanding how we arrived in this mess in the first place, and not repeating those mistakes.

The US had just lost the Vietnam War in the ‘70s and had a very anti-war president in power (Carter) when the Iranian Revolution happened. There was not a lick of public support for any overseas military action at the time. So of course they didn’t get involved. Move that revolution ~10 years earlier and the US probably does get involved.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Also when the Iranian people overthrowed the shah, I don't remember the US quashing them

No, instead the US, because they couldnt have Iran as its back door colony like rest of ME after said revolution, litterally a year after the overthrowal (1980), encouraged Iraq to invade. FULLY funded its weapon program (nice things like chemicals), trained iraq forces, gave it billions of economic aid throughout, leading to a devastating war on both sides that lasted 8 years.

Nice guys, those americans yeah? Because hey, they didnt try to quash them? They just fed, doped up, potty trained and pushed the attack dog that tried to quash them.

I dont blame you for not realizing the backdoor ways you can have devastating effect (this is type of practice is exactly why Souleimani was assassinated by them, prolly things he honed expertly observing what the americans been doing in the region for 50 odd years), especially when their number one most effective way of shaping the narrative is their almost to perfection level of propoganda. That is not only effective on their own citizens, but the whole world.

P.S If you are curious, I urge you to search this name: Mohammad Mosaddegh . The Iran-Us story didnt start with the revolution.

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
There is a quality journalist I'm following that says Iran won't retaliate directly against the US, Israel or UAE because it's too risky. Instead they'll probably focus on Saudi Arabia since they can't win against Iran if there's an escalation
That might be true, but I wonder if there's any saving face in attacking Saudis.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
No, you got it all wrong.

:gsol: they fight for freedom and democracy, they care for individuals and they kill the bad guys who have bad influence on the state and world :gsol: They so adore peace so much that they are ready to kill for it.
Of course America has its own agenda but they are the lesser evil compared to these dictators who feed on their own populations for decades. I'd rather be invaded by the US than be "independent" under a so called "supreme leader", "father of the nation" and other bullshit they feed us.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Of course America has its own agenda but they are the lesser evil compared to these dictators who feed on their own populations for decades. I'd rather be invaded by the US than be "independent" under a so called "supreme leader", "father of the nation" and other bullshit they feed us.
Where do you live? :grin:

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
They put them there in the first place.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Where do you live? :grin:
Under the son of a National Leader :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

They put them there in the first place.
And told them to terrorize their local population while themselves living in luxury thanx to crippling corruption in trillions?

Anyone can blame America all they want but I'm yet to see them fuck with a democratic country. As far as I'm concerned America is the hope of surpressed nations living (if you can call it that) under actual feodolism.

Last edited:

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
Under the son of a National Leader :sergio:

- - - Updated - - -

And tell them to terrorize their local population while themselves living in luxury thanx to crippling corruption in trillions?
It's a fact that the USA did what it did in Iran, those are their children.

AriG

Feb 17, 2019
Demonrat confirmed
Not even American.
Nobody likes americans. Wonder why...

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone can blame America all they want but I'm yet to see them fuck with a democratic country. As far as I'm concerned America is the hope of surpressed nations living (if you can call it that) under actual feodolism.
USA is sugar coated feudalism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)