General News & Politics (24 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Naw man, I watched about 2 hours worth of Anime and quit. Honestly, how grown men can watch poorly animated japanese series is beyond me.
Cartoon is being made by grown men, not by children. There are good Disney cartoons too. However, the depth of anime is just miles ahead of that and usually those plots and stories are something that rarely happens on movies. Anime targets usually older folks, that shit can be so sick it's really not for kids.

You're not the first that says that. Not that I mind nor that I want to argue. But I honestly think you guys are missing out, especially if you love movies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its just a another creative storytelling medium. When you think animation in western terms you think for kids/teens, but the Japanese use the anime form for ALL levels and spectrums of storytelling (anything between pokemons to Hayao Miyazaki creative oscar worthy masterpieces). Tons of adult, dark, creative well worth it narratives. If your entire experience of it is just 2 hours, I understand why you wouldnt know that.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Its just a another creative storytelling medium. When you think animation in western terms you think for kids/teens, but the Japanese use the anime form for ALL levels and spectrums of storytelling (anything between pokemons to Hayao Miyazaki creative oscar worthy masterpieces). Tons of adult, dark, creative well worth it narratives. If your entire experience of it is just 2 hours, I understand why you wouldnt know that.
Yeah. But not liking stuff like Berserk is just... WRONG.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Duuuude. Rurouni Kenshin is great.

And dunno but I thing I heard that thing from at least dozen of different sources. I doubt the origin came from anime.
There is also a proverb "jaku niku kyou shoku", which is another "survival of the fittest" mantra.

I'd imagine most cultures have something similar.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
They've got to be independent when they're surrounded by genocidal neighbours.

Nagorno Karabakh is a bullshit Soviet decision - the majority of the territory has been armenian for centuries and should be armenian today. Either way, Erdogan is cruising for a spanking and its a matter of time before this is reversed. Especially since the azeris allowed Russia to have a more or less permanent military presence in the region.
Says them and those who believe their fairytales. Just because cockroaches live in the kitchen, doesn't mean the kitchen is theirs.

Armenia is probably the most monoethnic country in the world, they're brainwashed beyond repair in believing bullshit myths of antiquity as if antiquity has any relevance in modern international law.
Get this: they claim territory from every single neighboring country. This is toxic policy and toxic statehood.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Says them and those who believe their fairytales. Just because cockroaches live in the kitchen, doesn't mean the kitchen is theirs.

Armenia is probably the most monoethnic country in the world, they're brainwashed beyond repair in believing bullshit myths of antiquity as if antiquity has any relevance in modern international law.
Get this: they claim territory from every single neighboring country. This is toxic policy and toxic statehood.
:lol:

Stop sippin' the coolaid. It's not my fairytale, it's documented Soviet history. Armenia has no disputes with Iran and only a brief post WW1 territorial dispute with Georgia. Are they wrong for claiming territory from Turkey? I can sort of imagine your attitude towards the genocide, if you don't recognize the genocide then of course, they don't have any claims to the territory where the ethnic cleansing took place.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Caucasian Lives Matter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)