General News & Politics (19 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I am very interested in learning. Returning to the original post I quoted, please educate me.

How did a fringe extremist cult without external and internal support just up and seize power and subjugate the VAST majority that is supposedely so strongly contrasted to them? Level of dichtomy, like Tomice said.
I'm not into the business of educating rookies, but if you're interested I can give you some sources. Iran between two revolutions by Ervand Abrahamian is probably a good start.
The reason I made that statement earlier was you bringing up Safavid era, which is the best example of a cult taking over. When Shah Ismail took over Tabriz he was told that 2/3rd of the city are Sunni Muslims. Yet he converted them all by force. It’s been told that he even persecuted whoever heard someone cursing Omar, and didn’t utter the phrase “bish bad o kam mabad” (more and not less).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I'm not into the business of educating rookies, but if you're interested I can give you some sources. Iran between two revolutions by Ervand Abrahamian is probably a good start.
The reason I made that statement earlier was you bringing up Safavid era, which is the best example of a cult taking over. When Shah Ismail took over Tabriz he was told that 2/3rd of the city are Sunni Muslims. Yet he converted them all by force. It’s been told that he even persecuted whoever heard someone cursing Omar, and didn’t utter the phrase “bish bad o kam mabad” (more and not less).
Shah Ismail and the Safavids were Turkic, correct?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
They were. Safavid come from Ardabil in Azarbaijan province (now Ardabil province). Ismail’s great great great grandfather had a cult-like following in Ardabil and around. His shrine is still there, and is a museum now.
Mullah propaganda tries to deny it tho.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
I know all of this. The cult of Safavi-Shia kuffar took over and genocided Muslims, I know this. Additional to the things you mentioned they commited many other crimes agaist Islam and Muslims.

I didn't understand you initial reaction to what was a genuine question.
"Iran between two revolutions" Will an Armenian commie give me an objective interpretation of those events?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I know all of this. The cult of Safavi-Shia kuffar took over and genocided Muslims, I know this. Additional to the things you mentioned they commited many other crimes agaist Islam and Muslims.

I didn't understand you initial reaction to what was a genuine question.
"Iran between two revolutions" Will an Armenian commie give me an objective interpretation of those events?
I have a feeling you think you’re winding me up, which makes you look like an even bigger idiot.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
HE IS BACK!

How's it going, @Siamak ?
i didn't access to the internet. many people has killed by watchdogs of regime, The city has become very strange and unusual, all the streets are full of agents They shooted people directly. threated of prison time and even death. After 6 o'clock, no one dared to go out of the house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)