General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (19 Viewers)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I haven't been keeping up with the news, so I may be late but...

The Witcher 3 has no loading screens? That is unrealllllllll. Day 1 buy.

Btw do any of you guys have the Xbox One? How do you guys like it? I have a PS4 but lately I've been itching to get the X1 especially with Halo 5 coming out in October, Gears of War teases and Quantum Break looking interesting as well.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
I haven't been keeping up with the news, so I may be late but...

The Witcher 3 has no loading screens? That is unrealllllllll. Day 1 buy.

Btw do any of you guys have the Xbox One? How do you guys like it? I have a PS4 but lately I've been itching to get the X1 especially with Halo 5 coming out in October, Gears of War teases and Quantum Break looking interesting as well.
I don't but a close friend got both. He bought it for that reason, Halo. Apart from Halo 1, i was never a big big fan of the series, at least not big enough to consider buying it. GoW hasn't really interest me since the second game.

So all in all, with games like Bloodborne, Metal Gear Solid and surely a new God of War, a new Last of Us/Uncharted and a new Quantic Dream game (Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain...), it's easy to see who has the best exclusives. So personally i wouldn't bother.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I don't but a close friend got both. He bought it for that reason, Halo. Apart from Halo 1, i was never a big big fan of the series, at least not big enough to consider buying it. GoW hasn't really interest me since the second game.

So all in all, with games like Bloodborne, Metal Gear Solid and surely a new God of War, a new Last of Us/Uncharted and a new Quantic Dream game (Beyond Two Souls, Heavy Rain...), it's easy to see who has the best exclusives. So personally i wouldn't bother.
Thanks dude! I'll hold off til E3 and see what Xbox has to offer before I make my decision.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Thanks dude! I'll hold off til E3 and see what Xbox has to offer before I make my decision.
The Witcher 3 for example will be 1080p on the PS4 and 900p on the Xbox. So the PS4 not only has the best exclusives, it's the better machine.

BUUUT if you think it's worth buying for Halo and Gears of War, then sure, get one!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Halo and Gears of War should be enough reason for people to own an X1.

In actuality, the reason why I do have an X1 is solely because of their exclusives. Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon, Project Spark, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, et al. All of my Multiplats are on my PS4.

@Joe, I have an X1 and so does @Vinny del Pirlo

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

In actuality, the reason why I do have an X1 is solely because of their exclusives. Forza Motorsport, Forza Horizon, Project Spark, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3, et al. All of my Multiplats are on my PS4.

Gears of war was great but I lost interest after the latest. Halo will never be as good as Halo 3 was either. Everything after that was a disappointment. (I did enjoy ODST though)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
The Witcher 3 for example will be 1080p on the PS4 and 900p on the Xbox. So the PS4 not only has the best exclusives, it's the better machine.

BUUUT if you think it's worth buying for Halo and Gears of War, then sure, get one!

Thanks guys!

The Witcher being 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One is huge. If I ever buy an X1 I'll be buying my multi-plats for the PS4 that's for sure.

I've always been a fan of Halo and Gears so I'm pretty tempted in getting an X1 but I'm gonna wait until E3 and see what they got planned as well. Maybe a new bundle will be announced.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Thanks guys!

The Witcher being 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox One is huge. If I ever buy an X1 I'll be buying my multi-plats for the PS4 that's for sure.

I've always been a fan of Halo and Gears so I'm pretty tempted in getting an X1 but I'm gonna wait until E3 and see what they got planned as well. Maybe a new bundle will be announced.
:tuttosport:

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
^ Looks awesome! Just over a week left!

Anyways did you guys hear about Nintendo striking a deal with Universal Studios Theme Parks a few days ago? Gotta admit, the little kid in me is pretttyyyy excited. I think Nintendo are making some good moves right now - Amiibos, dabbing into the mobile market, preparing us for Nintendo NX because the Wii U is a commercial failure, and now partnering with Universal to create theme park attractions.

I pick up the new Nintendo console every generation, its usually my secondary console to an Xbox or PlayStation, and I think its a cool little console but my god did Nintendo really screw up marketing this thing. Plain and simple its a bust and now they're developing codename Nintendo NX. Probably more details next year, but its got my interest.

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
I have a WiiU. I love the first party games on it. There just isn't enough of them and third party games. I really dig the gamepad... But it seems underused. Can't wait for Zelda and Xenoblade though. Also, a new Metroid would be great.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I have a WiiU. I love the first party games on it. There just isn't enough of them and third party games. I really dig the gamepad... But it seems underused. Can't wait for Zelda and Xenoblade though. Also, a new Metroid would be great.
I really dig the Gamepad as well, a slightly smaller version would be cool with somehow keeping the screen relatively the same size but I like it. I'm over the Wiimote and nunchuck, it was a fad. The WiiU could produce some nice looking games as well, for example Mario Kart and Smash Bros. look so crisp.

But I agree, so far there hasn't been many titles but the first party titles that there are, are always a blast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)