General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (30 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:tuttosport: :tuttosport: :tuttosport:

Odd though, since when does your character talk? And I wonder if the game starts before the war now. So damn excited :weee:

And I know it's extremely early, but I'm surprised how good the graphics look.
Is it worth playing as stand alone? Never played any of the fallout games (PC/Xbox series? Never noticed it for playstation much), but that trailer intrigued me.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
yes u can. while the games have shared world and some shared factions, they are not required to play in order to get it as each game has a self contained story.

however u are missing out on some fun long games if u dont play them. and yes they are on ps3

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ahh ok thanks for the quick answers. Odd, I heard about Fallout games but never been on my radar, I read its the same makers of skyrim, prolly would liked their games then, though I never finish these long open world games, tired somewhere around 50-60 hours, tho good value for your money anyways.

I gave away my PS3 so not an option to try past games.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I have Battlefield 4 as well.

Hardline is more Cops and Robbers from what I understand. I wouldn't know. I saw it on sale at Best Buy for 29.99 and I bought it. It is supposed to be good.
My brother and I play online togethr all the time on PS4. Since I moved I haven't been able to hook it up because our basement is getting refinished. Should be done tomorrow EOD thank God. I need to buy up on all the new maps. :seven:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
if u do get one, i recommend get new vegas

it has much more interesting story, quests, and characters.

u can get GOTY edition failry cheap since it has been out for 4 years now. in fsct if u have a decent pc, it's on sale on steam. it's not a graphic intensive game

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
if u do get one, i recommend get new vegas

it has much more interesting story, quests, and characters.

u can get GOTY edition failry cheap since it has been out for 4 years now. in fsct if u have a decent pc, it's on sale on steam. it's not a graphic intensive game
:agree: for those who have played the first 2 games it also hold a nostalgia factor . Don't play both Fallout 3 and new vegas one after the other though as it will seem more of the same imho . Same goes for fallout 1 and 2 .

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
Never tried New Vegas, probably should, but fallout 3 didin't leave an impression, yeah it was nice, but nothing special.

Actually I should, I have all those games on steam :D

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Is it worth playing as stand alone? Never played any of the fallout games (PC/Xbox series? Never noticed it for playstation much), but that trailer intrigued me.
Absolutely. I've only played 3 and New Vegas, they don't overlap in any significant way at all. They are amazing games, one of my favorite series ever. The thing is though, they are HIGHLY glitchy, especially on consoles. My New Vegas save file got so big (the game is huge) that it basically doesn't run anymore. My brother bought 3 and tried to play it, but the game would freeze and crash near the beginning of the game. I hate to say it because I love this company to pieces, but we ended up having to illegally download 3 on our computer for it to work. Once we did though, absolutely no problems and I'm at the end of the game. Because of this, I would absolutely recommend getting it on a PC if possible, that way you can use the console commands to get around bugs or play with the code to get it to work. 100% play them though.

I had both for PS3, by the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Never tried New Vegas, probably should, but fallout 3 didin't leave an impression, yeah it was nice, but nothing special.

Actually I should, I have all those games on steam :D
Weapon repair kits are love, weapon repair kits are life.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Bethesda makes the buggiest games of them all. New Vegas was the single buggiest game i've ever played.

Actually i could barely play, there were so many major bugs that one stopped me from progressing. (The one the would make it crash everytime you tried to get into The Strip).

I took it back to gamestop to return it after waiting over a month. The guy at the store tells me everybody and their mother was doing the same thing so they stopped accepting them.

Long story short; i had to wait about 3 months for a patch that fixed it. It worked for a couple of months and then for some reason it just wouldn't run anymore. Unreadable disk and whatnot. Mind you the disk was in pristine condition. Skyrim was no different.

When it comes to Bethesda, DON'T EVER pre-order. And specially not nowadays when everybody releases unfinished games and it's all fine. You'll be deeply disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

I just remembered i never got to finish New Vegas cause at the speech right at the end of the game, it would constantly crash.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Bethesda makes the buggiest games of them all. New Vegas was the single buggiest game i've ever played.

Actually i could barely play, there were so many major bugs that one stopped me from progressing. (The one the would make it crash everytime you tried to get into The Strip).

I took it back to gamestop to return it after waiting over a month. The guy at the store tells me everybody and their mother was doing the same thing so they stopped accepting them.

Long story short; i had to wait about 3 months for a patch that fixed it. It worked for a couple of months and then for some reason it just wouldn't run anymore. Unreadable disk and whatnot. Mind you the disk was in pristine condition. Skyrim was no different.

When it comes to Bethesda, DON'T EVER pre-order. And specially not nowadays when everybody releases unfinished games and it's all fine. You'll be deeply disappointed.

- - - Updated - - -

I just remembered i never got to finish New Vegas cause at the speech right at the end of the game, it would constantly crash.
Bethesda didn't make New Vegas, it was Obsidian. Their development time was hugely cut short and was released unfinished, it's amazing they managed to make the game they did in that time. And that's why you don't play on console, because on PC there are humongous mods for thousands of bug fixes alone. You can even just fix stuff in console if it breaks.

Also NV > 3, 3 is great and has a better atmosphere, but the replay-ability and fun factor of NV is way more than 3.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Bethesda didn't make New Vegas, it was Obsidian. Their development time was hugely cut short and was released unfinished, it's amazing they managed to make the game they did in that time. And that's why you don't play on console, because on PC there are humongous mods for thousands of bug fixes alone. You can even just fix stuff in console if it breaks.

Also NV > 3, 3 is great and has a better atmosphere, but the replay-ability and fun factor of NV is way more than 3.
True, had forgotten about that. Even though they published it. Buggiest game ever. But we can go back to Oblivion and Skyrim, both buggy as fuck. F3 on the other hand ran just fine.

What do you mean "And that's why you don't play on console"? it doesn't matter where you play it, you shouldn't have to rely on fans making mods in order to fix bugs, you just paid full price for a friggin game. The game should be released when it's finished whether it's on the consoles or PC.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
True, had forgotten about that. Even though they published it. Buggiest game ever. But we can go back to Oblivion and Skyrim, both buggy as fuck. F3 on the other hand ran just fine.

What do you mean "And that's why you don't play on console"? it doesn't matter where you play it, you shouldn't have to rely on fans making mods in order to fix bugs, you just paid full price for a friggin game. The game should be released when it's finished whether it's on the consoles or PC.
But what is the reality?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)