General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (61 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
:sad: Pretentious walking simulator. So Art. So Kojima. So innovative. It's a not for everyone.

That's why a lot of 80+ critics do NOT at all read like 80+ reviews, because the reviewers fear the Kojima fanboy lynch mob on social media and don't give the game the rating it deserves. IGN for once got it right (...even more positive than the user score though) and look up the comments and the like/dislike ratio.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
The point is, a bunch of exclusives get review bombed on metacritic. That's why I dont pay any mind to it. They review bombed Astral Chain and that game is terrific
pokemon is getting review bombed because they skipped a whole bunch of pokemon, graphics, and its blatant cash grab

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but at the same time you think the laughable 100% reviews are legit.

The 12.000(!) user critics are coming from people forking out 60,- for a boring game that has been hyped to death, maybe there is something to it. Nah, they just haters of course.
what's more, the idea of "game is different thats why is getting hated on" when people critize it is such a elite thing to say.

rocket league is unique is and universally loved
prison simulator same
cup head same
journey same
infamous games ame
thomas was alone same
minecraft same

the point that the game is hated because it's different than yearly COD and FIFA games is not true. gamers love games that are different.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
You guys are seriously still discussing this? Ffs move the fuck on it’s just a fucking game, people are allowed to like it if they want.

And yes all 3 members here who own the game are apparently enjoying the hell out of it, I don’t give a fuck about metascore or what critics think. 25 hours In and not a dull moment for me. It’s my kind of game, there’s nothing else to discuss.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
You guys are seriously still discussing this? Ffs move the fuck on it’s just a fucking game, people are allowed to like it if they want.

And yes all 3 members here who own the game are apparently enjoying the hell out of it, I don’t give a fuck about metascore or what critics think. 25 hours In and not a dull moment for me. It’s my kind of game, there’s nothing else to discuss.
we just having the discussion. not sure what the big deal is.

cr7 is just sensitive.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
:sad: Pretentious walking simulator. So Art. So Kojima. So innovative. It's a not for everyone.

That's why a lot of 80+ critics do NOT at all read like 80+ reviews, because the reviewers fear the Kojima fanboy lynch mob on social media and don't give the game the rating it deserves. IGN for once got it right (...even more positive than the user score though) and look up the comments and the like/dislike ratio.
They got it right, about a game you havent played a single second of, do you hear how infantile this sounds?

Atleast I expect it with Lion, because he is a stupid clown that I dont take a seriously for a single second.

But its fairly bizarre you are still being this obtuse about it.

You dont want to play it, and its defenitely NOT for everyone, there is litterally nothing to discuss about it further (since you dont want to play it), you admitted it yourself, so what exactly are you trying to achieve here? You trying to spam about a game you dont even play, like is a dogmatic battle of wills?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

You can love the hell out of that game for all i care, but that "oh it's just not for everyone and that's why certain people give it a bad rating" notion is only half the truth.

The other half is, that it just isn't the masterpiece of a game you missing out if you don't play it, they make it out to be.

As for ratings, I don't fall into the 0 star group, that's just nonsense, just like the 10/10 reviews. But 6 to 7 sounds about right. It IS a game you can love, if you like those type of games, BUT it also is nothing groundbreaking that needs to be defended at all costs because Kojima made it.

The game offers plenty of room for objective criticism, gameplay being the most obvious one, the other one for me is Kojima and himself.

VG24/7 - 3/5

Death Stranding wields metaphor like a cudgel and beats you over the head with it. Sam Bridges, the man who’s travelling the world to connect people, has aphenphosmphobia – the fear of being touched. That’s just, like, so deep, man. Let me take another hit on this bong.​

stevivor - 3.5/10

The problem with Death Stranding is that Hideo Kojima has become wholly self-indulgent, making something I’m sure he considers a masterpiece. Death Stranding is anything but, with its head so far up its own ass it’s almost funny.​

Looking back Konami definitely needed Kojima more than Kojima needed Konami, but boy does he need someone to keep his ego in check, keeping him from putting every little idea he's gotten whilst taking a dump into the game.

- - - Updated - - -

They got it right, about a game you havent played a single second of, do you hear how infantile this sounds?

Atleast I expect it with Lion, because he is a stupid clown that I dont take a seriously for a single second.

But its fairly bizarre you are still being this obtuse about it.

You dont want to play it, and its defenitely NOT for everyone, there is litterally nothing to discuss about it further (since you dont want to play it), you admitted it yourself, so what exactly are you trying to achieve here? You trying to spam about a game you dont even play, like is a dogmatic battle of wills?
Fairly bizarre is that you think you have to have played a game yourself to see if it's good or not, do you hear how infantile that sounds? Just as bizarre as the pretentious "oh i get it. It's just not for everyone" you get to hear from Kojima fanboys to deflect all valid criticism off of the game. it can't be that Kojima has made a meh game - No no. If you dare dislike it than because you just don't get it. So lame.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
osman calls me a stupid clown.

this is the same guy that when typing on this forum, writes "ze" instead of "the"...on a consistent basis.

cardigan wearing, fedora hat tipping elitist wannabe.

Apr 15, 2006
AC and Far Cry are two franchises I lost hope for. It’s the same washed up shit every time.

Just like Bethesda and their Fallouts I’m tired of their engines. They have nowhere left to go at this point. That to me is what’s boring, not a game that’s trying something different with some original story and approach. I’ll take more Death Stranding type of games over that shit any day of the week.
Where do you want them to go then? You really expect them to come up with a completely new game with a completely new concept, story, engine, gameplay every year? You expect them to kill off their most successful franchise just so they can please some people who are upset that they found an identity and winning formula? You're out of your mind. If that's the case, every francise should also come to an end cos they're essentially using the same or similar engine and rehashing the same gameplay that the previous games had. Fuck, go a step ahead and ask Sony, Microsoft and and Nintendo to change their hardware cos essentially, you're just pressing buttons and looking at a screen, and there's nowhere left to go at this point too, right? This is fuckin' stupid!

Games like DS come along very rarely, so good luck waiting around for them and shitting on everything else that comes in between.

yes, Assassins Creed is ass. even people who used to fap over it have finally realized.
That's not the same as saying they got lame gameplay with overly cinematic sequences, which is what you said and you're wrong about. Origins and Odyssey sold better than Syndicate, so you're wrong about 2nd point as well.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Where do you want them to go then? You really expect them to come up with a completely new game with a completely new concept, story, engine, gameplay every year? You expect them to kill off their most successful franchise just so they can please some people who are upset that they found an identity and winning formula? You're out of your mind. If that's the case, every francise should also come to an end cos they're essentially using the same or similar engine and rehashing the same gameplay that the previous games had. Fuck, go a step ahead and ask Sony, Microsoft and and Nintendo to change their hardware cos essentially, you're just pressing buttons and looking at a screen, and there's nowhere left to go at this point too, right? This is fuckin' stupid!

Games like DS come along very rarely, so good luck waiting around for them and shitting on everything else that comes in between.

That's not the same as saying they got lame gameplay with overly cinematic sequences, which is what you said and you're wrong about. Origins and Odyssey sold better than Syndicate, so you're wrong about 2nd point as well.
Oh hold your horses there. I don’t expect them to revolutionize the gaming industry, I expect them to stop releasing the same shit every year. Which is KINDA what they tried to do with Odyssey following The Witcher’s footsteps. But then you play both games and easily realize which one is generic as fuck, too much content not enough quality. Basically what I’m saying is I’m done with franchises Or at least skipping a few years before trying it again like I’ve been doing with FIFA.

Regarding Far Cry pftttt that one is hopeless. They manage to make it worse every year somehow.

Apr 15, 2006
Oh hold your horses there. I don’t expect them to revolutionize the gaming industry, I expect them to stop releasing the same shit every year. Which is KINDA what they tried to do with Odyssey following The Witcher’s footsteps. But then you play both games and easily realize which one is generic as fuck, too much content not enough quality. Basically what I’m saying is I’m done with franchises Or at least skipping a few years before trying it again like I’ve been doing with FIFA.

Regarding Far Cry pftttt that one is hopeless. They manage to make it worse every year somehow.
Don't care about Far Cry cos I didn't play any after the 2nd, so you could have a point there. But having played every major AC game except Rogue and Unity, it was clear that they tried something different with Origins and Odyssey. I initially didn't play Origins cos I thought it was too big of a departure from what I considered as classic AC, especially with the focus on exploration, change in combat styles and more RPG elements. But this is exactly why I think it's unfair to say they do the same shit every year. Yes, Origins and Odyssey seem like a poor copy of Witcher 3, but they're still very different from Syndicate and before.

But in the end, you can't expect something radically different from AC. The game is about killing people in a historic context, and not much is gonna change beyond that. So the only thing I look at now is whether AC is fun to play. Origins was fun, although not in the same way as previous AC games, and I'm playing Odyssey now and it's been pretty fun so far. And I'm only playing it cos it came highly recommended from another AC fan, so let's accept that they're doing something right.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Don't care about Far Cry cos I didn't play any after the 2nd, so you could have a point there. But having played every major AC game except Rogue and Unity, it was clear that they tried something different with Origins and Odyssey. I initially didn't play Origins cos I thought it was too big of a departure from what I considered as classic AC, especially with the focus on exploration, change in combat styles and more RPG elements. But this is exactly why I think it's unfair to say they do the same shit every year. Yes, Origins and Odyssey seem like a poor copy of Witcher 3, but they're still very different from Syndicate and before.

But in the end, you can't expect something radically different from AC. The game is about killing people in a historic context, and not much is gonna change beyond that. So the only thing I look at now is whether AC is fun to play. Origins was fun, although not in the same way as previous AC games, and I'm playing Odyssey now and it's been pretty fun so far. And I'm only playing it cos it came highly recommended from another AC fan, so let's accept that they're doing something right.
AC needs to just drop the modern day portion of their games at this point. The whole story about the girl in the cave in Origins was so awful. I haven't gotten to Odyssey because my backlog is stuffed with Gamepass but I know it has some of it in it too. Also, where the fuck is our Feudal Japan AC already?

Apr 15, 2006
AC needs to just drop the modern day portion of their games at this point. The whole story about the girl in the cave in Origins was so awful. I haven't gotten to Odyssey because my backlog is stuffed with Gamepass but I know it has some of it in it too. Also, where the fuck is our Feudal Japan AC already?
Yea, the modern day story is what made AC special and that's been going down the drain since Black Flag. I wish they didn't half ass it anymore.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Not that I agree with his views usually, but it was funny.

I had to look up that American quote...but nah it's real

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/...death-stranding-hideo-kojima-american-critics

@DAiDEViL is probably the only one that should watch this :p

EDIT: And a comment on the video:
"I was telling myself "this game doesn't look like it'll be for me I'm gonna wait to see what Dunkey says cause his tastes are similar to mine". I was convinced to still get it despite your video not being up yet & I was surprised how much I adore everything about this game. I understand, and to an extent agree with, your opinions. There's a lot of issues. It is slow. It can be tedious. Cutscenes are BS sometimes. But I think after the initial adjustment period you either get the swing of things or don't, I feel like this game works when you experience it a certain way & learn the flow to it all & it doesn't do a great job adjusting players. It's a casual, relaxing game w/a lot of wannabe avant garde stuff but Kojima's known for that, it can be so dumb it's funny, and it let's you skip everything."

Last edited:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Not that I agree with his views usually, but it was funny.

I had to look up that American quote...but nah it's real

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/...death-stranding-hideo-kojima-american-critics

@DAiDEViL is probably the only one that should watch this :p

EDIT: And a comment on the video:
"I was telling myself "this game doesn't look like it'll be for me I'm gonna wait to see what Dunkey says cause his tastes are similar to mine". I was convinced to still get it despite your video not being up yet & I was surprised how much I adore everything about this game. I understand, and to an extent agree with, your opinions. There's a lot of issues. It is slow. It can be tedious. Cutscenes are BS sometimes. But I think after the initial adjustment period you either get the swing of things or don't, I feel like this game works when you experience it a certain way & learn the flow to it all & it doesn't do a great job adjusting players. It's a casual, relaxing game w/a lot of wannabe avant garde stuff but Kojima's known for that, it can be so dumb it's funny, and it let's you skip everything."
Love the video. True masterpiece.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)