General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (13 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
You gonna buy both?

You madman :p
I think so. I know that I will buy the PS5, for sure. Take advantage of some trade up offers. I will more than likely get the Series X as well.

At this point, the only way I will do it is via trade ins.

I haven't done that since the PS2 days, but my son's school tuition is fucking killing me :lol:

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I think what we have learned from the time both current consoles were released is that people don’t want a living room do it all machine, they want a video game console focused primarily and maybe exclusively on games. And honestly at the moment PlayStation is way ahead having the best exclusives. Even if this turns out to be the most powerful machine it won’t be by much and again it’ll come down to the games.

Microsoft will have to come up with mind blowing exclusive shit like a new Halo or Gears of Wars or probably something entirely new if they are to take the throne again.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I think what we have learned from the time both current consoles were released is that people don’t want a living room do it all machine, they want a video game console focused primarily and maybe exclusively on games. And honestly at the moment PlayStation is way ahead having the best exclusives. Even if this turns out to be the most powerful machine it won’t be by much and again it’ll come down to the games.

Microsoft will have to come up with mind blowing exclusive shit like a new Halo or Gears of Wars or probably something entirely new if they are to take the throne again.

Microsoft have built themselves a pretty strong stable of 1st party developers lately. Is it as strong as Sony's? Probably not. But Microsoft are heading in the right direction.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Cloud gaming and Gamepass as well.

Playstation Now, since they have reduced the price to 59.99 per year, is actually something that is really good now. Granted, they do not, and may never, have 1st party titles published day and date upon release, but that has everything to do with the belief that when Sony releases a first party exclusive, they like to think of it as an event. And for the most part, they are absolutely right. God of War and Spiderman are 2 prime examples of that. But they also have 800 games in the catalogue, and they very rarely take any games out.

Gamepass' big advantage is that they put the 1st party titles out day of release, and I have no complaints about that.

Apr 15, 2006
The power of the next-gen consoles is gonna be interesting. Ryzen CPUs with RDNA2 GPUs, SSDs that will all combine to support >60 FPS gameplay for the first time. Oh, and don't forget hardware-enabled Ray Tracing. Get ready for some serious eye candy, folks!

OK, time to play Control on my PC. :p

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Microsoft have built themselves a pretty strong stable of 1st party developers lately. Is it as strong as Sony's? Probably not. But Microsoft are heading in the right direction.
Yes but to take over again they’ll need something extra. And I think that comes with having the better games. Halo 3 was DA shit on 360, a lot of people bought the console just for that game alone.

And then there’s people like me who will initially go with Sony but might buy the Xbox as well if there’s such a classic game(s)that can’t be missed.

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking Oddjob on Goldeneye looked good when cheaters used that midget.
Goldeneye’s split screen multiplayer :baus: my friends and I would spend the whole day playing that shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)