General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (39 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Few months ago I stumbled upon Divinity: Original Sin and although this game is more like classic RPG in the way that it's played from isometric perspective, I found a lot of resemblance with Witcher 3 and was extremely enjoyable experience. Venus are beautifully drawn, there are abundance of quests and different outcomes depending on your approach, weapons, armors, skills... You can team up with your buddy (multiplayer) or control all 4 characters (you can create two, while the other two you may acquire during the game). Different skill trees that you may develop you character within, whether you prefer hand to hand combat, magic, witchcraft or archery requires some good planning, otherwise the combat may become tedious, if not impossible and frustrating.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/27/divinity-original-sin-enhanced-edition-review

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I feel like it's randomly going to turn into some horror game halfway through.
agree.gif

Firewatch looks interesting.
Couldn't resist and bought it Yesterday. Had some free time and decided to play. Managed to beat it in one sitting :lol: That's how short it was, about 4-5 hours or less.

Look, I can never play anything more than 2-3 hours at the most at one time. Firewatch's story was so intriguing and well written that it kept me from turning it off. Being on the short side would have bothered had the story not been this good. Fact is, I didn't really care because in the end it was satisfying.

It kinda gives me hope for No Man's Sky. Some people think "exploration games" aka 'walking simulators" are boring, I don't quite agree with that. Before that I played Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and before that The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and both left a long lasting good impression. There's something about getting home from a rough day, relaxing and getting into this unknown world and just exploring what it has to offer.

Oh, and of course for 17 bucks it's not a bad deal. I'd recommend it.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Couldn't resist and bought it Yesterday. Had some free time and decided to play. Managed to beat it in one sitting :lol: That's how short it was, about 4-5 hours or less.

Look, I can never play anything more than 2-3 hours at the most at one time. Firewatch's story was so intriguing and well written that it kept me from turning it off. Being on the short side would have bothered had the story not been this good. Fact is, I didn't really care because in the end it was satisfying.

It kinda gives me hope for No Man's Sky. Some people think "exploration games" aka 'walking simulators" are boring, I don't quite agree with that. Before that I played Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and before that The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and both left a long lasting good impression. There's something about getting home from a rough day, relaxing and getting into this unknown world and just exploring what it has to offer.

Oh, and of course for 17 bucks it's not a bad deal. I'd recommend it.
You liked the ending? I read that many people felt it was disappointing, or this was a large buildup seemingly for something that wasn't worth it.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
You liked the ending? I read that many people felt it was disappointing, or this was a large buildup seemingly for something that wasn't worth it.
I did. I can't explain why without spoiling it so if you intend to play it don't read below

The ending basically shows that sometimes things are much simpler than they seem to be. There isn't always a conspiracy against you, a complex chain of events that lead to something grandiose. Sometimes it's just a coincidence and things are just what they are and the reasons could have easily be explained if you kept your cool and thought things through.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I did. I can't explain why without spoiling it so if you intend to play it don't read below

The ending basically shows that sometimes things are much simpler than they seem to be. There isn't always a conspiracy against you, a complex chain of events that lead to something grandiose. Sometimes it's just a coincidence and things are just what they are and the reasons could have easily be explained if you kept your cool and thought things through.
Interesting. I still may play it anyway, not sure yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)