General Gaming Thread (All Platforms) (27 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not many polaks that speak good inglish?
I think its some bizzare publishing issue, and wanting to capitalize on it somehow in sometimes weird sequence, long delays doesnt make much sense, the books DONE since long ago in polish. The stories were written early 90s til last one of em finished late 90s (first short story from mid 80s...) To illustrate my point, look when they wanting to release it (as someone who read my first tale 7 years ago, its been a frustrating waiting game):

The Witcher stories
Miecz Przeznaczenia (Sword of Destiny) (1992, English edition: 2015)
Ostatnie życzenie (The Last Wish) (1993, English edition: 2007).

Saga
The saga focuses on Geralt of Rivia and Ciri, a child of destiny. Ciri, princess of a recently conquered country and a pawn of international politics, becomes a witcher-in-training. Geralt is drawn into a whirlwind of events in his attempts to protect her.

Krew elfów (Blood of Elves) (1994, English edition: 2008)
Czas pogardy (Time of Contempt) (1995, English edition: 2013)
Chrzest ognia (Baptism of Fire) (1996, English edition: 2014)
Wieża Jaskółki (The Swallow's Tower) (1997, English edition: 2016)
Pani Jeziora (Lady of the Lake) (1999, English edition: 2017)

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
The books are fantastic, main reason why I bought Witcher 3, I been busy with work and forgot to keep playing the game. But I will never tire of the books, if they only could translate the book series to english quickly enough (read 4 so far). They all in polish since long time, but for some reason translations very much delayed for all of em.
The Witcher is based on Polish folclore isn't it?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its very rich and fresh type of fantasy, east european one (hence fresh since I was only used to western one before, besides being fairly gritty/dark realistic kinda tales), but not sure if its based on folklore persé. Maybe @piotrr or @radekas knows.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
It's generally based on overall Slavic folklore but Polish scent is the strongest for obvious reasons. And then Sapkowski added fantasy elements like elves, magic, dragons etc. So basically it's a Slavic Fantasy, while most of the known fantasy worlds are Germanic Fantasy (Tolkien and most who followed him)

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Its very rich and fresh type of fantasy, east european one (hence fresh since I was only used to western one before, besides being fairly gritty/dark realistic kinda tales), but not sure if its based on folklore persé. Maybe @piotrr or @radekas knows.
Not really into Sapkowski and Witcher (yet i guess).
Just listen to radekas^.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
It's generally based on overall Slavic folklore but Polish scent is the strongest for obvious reasons. And then Sapkowski added fantasy elements like elves, magic, dragons etc. So basically it's a Slavic Fantasy, while most of the known fantasy worlds are Germanic Fantasy (Tolkien and most who followed him)
Thanks :tup: It's much darker than Germanic fantasy tbh. Anything to recommend besides The Witcher novels?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
So, you guys convinced me to try the witcher 3, but i always want to be up to date with the story and such.

So i tried watching a youtube "movie" from all the clips during the game.
...wich was impossible to follow cause of the names that appear half the time

So i tried watching a summary of the first two games
... wich was more confusing then anything i've ever tried watching, cause the peasants who did it, cant build explenations for shit and jump back and forth all the time. its horrible.

So i put fallout 4 on halt, and play the first two games instead.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
So, you guys convinced me to try the witcher 3, but i always want to be up to date with the story and such.

So i tried watching a youtube "movie" from all the clips during the game.
...wich was impossible to follow cause of the names that appear half the time

So i tried watching a summary of the first two games
... wich was more confusing then anything i've ever tried watching, cause the peasants who did it, cant build explenations for shit and jump back and forth all the time. its horrible.

So i put fallout 4 on halt, and play the first two games instead.
First game isn't as good as the second and the second isn't nowhere as good as the third. The third is a masterpiece, the other ones are just good games. So bear that in mind.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I know the gameplay improves exponential per game

But the fanbois spam every witcher related youtube vid with how much better the first game was.

Since i've played the dragon age trilogy, where the first game was the best rpg of all time, the second the worst rpg of all time, and the third the "most improved but not nearly as good as the first" rpg of all time.... i wont take a risk.

CrimsonianKing

Jan 16, 2013
As reluctant as I was about the Assassin's Creed series ever getting back on track, after reading quite several reviews from several websites (Most, if not all, were positive) I decided to give the series another shot and since it had a discount price...

First 3,4 hours into the game and it took me back to the old games with Ezio. Unity was a mess in everything it did, horrible framerate, glitches and uninteresting story/unlikeable characters.

They seem to have learned their lesson. Syndicate, surprisingly enough, is a good AC game, maybe even great. Combat is polished, graphics are outstanding and the story (so far) has fully caught my attention. They nailed the victorian London setting.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
As reluctant as I was about the Assassin's Creed series ever getting back on track, after reading quite several reviews from several websites (Most, if not all, were positive) I decided to give the series another shot and since it had a discount price...

First 3,4 hours into the game and it took me back to the old games with Ezio. Unity was a mess in everything it did, horrible framerate, glitches and uninteresting story/unlikeable characters.

They seem to have learned their lesson. Syndicate, surprisingly enough, is a good AC game, maybe even great. Combat is polished, graphics are outstanding and the story (so far) has fully caught my attention. They nailed the victorian London setting.
Really? I am in the same boat you were, nothing lived up to Ezio. Might have to check it out.

Also, after a good think about it...I think I preferred the Witcher 3 over Fallout 4. I enjoyed Fallout but the witcher 3 was amazing for me. Then again I hadnt ever played a Witcher game properly before.

Does anyone know if the DLC's are any good?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)