Gay couples as fit to adopt as heterosexuals: study (16 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I don't think it's wrong, but you guys act as if it has been well established that it's not. I'd say there are still a whole lot of people who think it's wrong. Right, @Fred, @Zé Tahir?
So long as it's my own penis...I'm not jerking you off Andries. No means no.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, kinda. It really makes me wonder how you argue with people...I imagine you sitting in a coffee shop with your peers and something comes up that you're really passionate about so you end every argument with "try again". Like huh?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah, kinda. It really makes me wonder how you argue with people...I imagine you sitting in a coffee shop with your peers and something comes up that you're really passionate about so you end every argument with "try again". Like huh?
IMO, you're getting the tougher end of any argument, because most everyone gets to presume you're just wrong... "just because".

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Caring gay parents are far more suitable than tons of straight ones who couldnt care less. Sad part about this debate is that its really the parentless children who lose when ignorance pushes them towards traditional rather than stable homes

Jul 1, 2010
What does homosexuality have to do with being able to effectively raise a child?
I believe you need a mother and a father to properly a child. Two women or two men cannot replace that. Sure, they can be loving but you need the father figure and the mother figure. If you believe that there are no differences between the sexes, then yes, it doesn't matter if it's two people of the same sex. However, I do believe that there are significant differences between men and women and they both can give different things to children.

Another thing that worries me is domestic violence fiigures for gay couples, which are double those for heterosexuals.

If the number of kids available for adoption is huge and there aren't nearly enough heterosexual couples willing to adop them, then yes, it's probably better to have them adopted by gay couples. However, I don't know if that's the case. How many people are there for adoption in the USA?

I don't know if having gay parents harms your psychological development or identity but I'm sure it's quite confusing to have a parent 1 and a parent 2 rather than a mom and a dad. I believe in the complementarity of the sexes and it's fundamental importance in the raising of children.

Caring gay parents are far more suitable than tons of straight ones who couldnt care less. Sad part about this debate is that its really the parentless children who lose when ignorance pushes them towards traditional rather than stable homes
That's probably true but I think it's probably a better idea to try to make traditionnal families strong again (they've taken a huge beating since the 60s) then go ahead with this social experiment.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I believe you need a mother and a father to properly a child. Two women or two men cannot replace that. Sure, they can be loving but you need the father figure and the mother figure. If you believe that there are no differences between the sexes, then yes, it doesn't matter if it's two people of the same sex. However, I do believe that there are significant differences between men and women and they both can give different things to children.

Another thing that worries me is domestic violence fiigures for gay couples, which are double those for heterosexuals.

If the number of kids available for adoption is huge and there aren't nearly enough heterosexual couples willing to adop them, then yes, it's probably better to have them adopted by gay couples. However, I don't know if that's the case. How many people are there for adoption in the USA?

I don't know if having gay parents harms your psychological development or identity but I'm sure it's quite confusing to have a parent 1 and a parent 2 rather than a mom and a dad. I believe in the complimentarity of the sexes and it's fundamental importance in the raising of children.

That's probably true but I think it's probably a better idea to try to make traditionnal families strong again (they've taken a huge beating since the 60s) then go ahead with this social experiment.
See, now why couldn't you say this in the beginning without replying with the opposite question? :p

Now what if there was a mother and a father, but the father stayed home (cooking, cleaning, etc) while the mother worked? Still a traditional family but the traditional gender roles are reversed. Would you consider that to be somehow harmful for psychological development as well?

Plenty of single parents out there as well making it work.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Huh? seems like you agreed with my point and then said the exact opposite in the same sentence.

And what about traditional marriages? Gays doing their own thing on the side doesn't threaten them that at all...pressuring people to force themselves to fit into something, when they clearly don't, is going to cause far more broken homes, failed families, sad kids etc.

Jul 1, 2010
Now what if there was a mother and a father, but the father stayed home (cooking, cleaning, etc) while the mother worked? Still a traditional family but the traditional gender roles are reversed. Would you consider that to be somehow harmful for psychological development as well?
I don't think that changes anything.

Plenty of single parents out there as well making it work.
Yes, but a lot of them have issues with authority (if they're raised by a single mother).

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
And i also dont get why (those on both sides) are so obsessed with whether or not someone is gay from the second they pop out of their mom. Sexuality is complicated, preferences is likely formed through a combination of inheritance and early life experiences. But that doesnt make at any more of a choice. That so many straight people can have such varied fetishes preferences tastes whatever also indicates that sexuality is a spectrum and not just easily definable three categories.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I don't think that changes anything.

Yes, but a lot of them have issues with authority (if they're raised by a single mother).
You could easily have one gay parent acting as a traditional "male" while another is a "female" as well though, conforming to tradition. The only difference is two penises. I don't see how that would cause any psychological harm.

That's just a generalization though. And even if it is true, that could be down to any of a number of factors. Plus, many children in general have problems with authority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)