Gay couples as fit to adopt as heterosexuals: study (6 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The gay adoption thread? I remember I used to argue with you about that. I changed my opinion since then. Actually, a couple of years ago, a new law was introduced here in Malta introducing civil unions for gays to get married and the right to adopt children. :tup:
I was young and stupid :D

Four years later I think it's good that kids are out of fosterhomes/adoption centers and put in a home (providing the couple are decent people). I still don't think homosexuality is normal, but I wouldn't treat anyone unfair because of their sexual orientation.
Pretty remarkable for people to change ideas about such a topic :tup:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
i have a serious question for you guys to consider, do you think that homosexuality, by going full mainstream, will actually see a dwindling in the number of people who identify with it?
Hmm.. Not sure about that. What I do see however is that some gay men insist on being as big of a pussy as they can be, as pink as they can be and as annoying as they can be. For them homosexuality was obviously also something to stand out with.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
i have a serious question for you guys to consider, do you think that homosexuality, by going full mainstream, will actually see a dwindling in the number of people who identify with it?
It may. I think several teenagers in time of confusion and rebellion come out as gay, even if they aren't just because it's "forbidden".. By going mainstream it won't be as "rebellious" anymore. That's just my opinion though. It don't think the number of people who identify will it will reduce drastic, but in certain groups of ages it will be changed.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Hmm.. Not sure about that. What I do see however is that some gay men insist on being as big of a pussy as they can be, as pink as they can be and as annoying as they can be. For them homosexuality was obviously also something to stand out with.
I think that's a side culture to homosexuality in itself, and 'normal' gays will agree with this, but it doesn't mean that they aren't gay. I know some straight people who flirt (bad choice of word) around the gay scene.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I think that's a side culture to homosexuality in itself, and 'normal' gays will agree with this, but it doesn't mean that they aren't gay. I know some straight people who flirt (bad choice of word) around the gay scene.
Yeah, I think so too.

Mar 9, 2006
You also can't put homosexuality and pedophilia under the same scale.
People think that it's a diseases

- - - Updated - - -

That's debateable. Pedophilia is a mystery to science. But we know this; it's possible to be a pedophile, without reacting on it. It's also possible to molest a child, without being a pedophile.
If you enjoy sex with child than you are sick, there is no doubt about it

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
There's no right equation for being gay, it's a choice wich is influenced by several factors, there's no scientific proof to being born gay, i've read similar things that people are born pedophiles.
Can you be more specific without drawing similarities to pedophiles or whatever sexually disturbed persons?

My wife and her sister were raised in the same family under the same circumstances went to the same school and had lots of common friends, how come one is straight and the other is homosexual?

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Problem is, they still find the need to act this way, cause, even in Scandinavia, we got a long way to go. Especially in the Muslim community.

Mar 9, 2006
Can you be more specific without drawing similarities to pedophiles or whatever sexually disturbed persons?

My wife and her sister were raised in the same family under the same circumstances went to the same school and had lots of common friends, how come one is straight and the other is homosexual?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Problem is, they still find the need to act this way, cause, even in Scandinavia, we got a long way to go. Especially in the Muslim community.
I believe that there also comes a time where you gain more acceptance by showing normal behaviour. If a gay guy can actually wear 'normal' clothes and speak with a 'normal' voice that would show gays are an integral part of our culture, rather than something else.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I had to think about that for a while. My first reaction was to say publicly yes and privately no. Because while younger people may experiment perhaps, for a small minority there's an element of teenage rebellion for some and the public version of it can mean expressing a public identity as other teenagers might express being wannabe black rappers, punk rockers, or advocates of IS/Daesh. But as John Waters said this year at a commencement speech, "Gay is not enough anymore." (And I love John Waters.)

Identity politics being weird and all.

But what made me swing to think it will level out in the end is that there's possibly and equal and opposite minority that feel gay tendencies and are terrified of admitting that to anyone, including themselves. That may more than offset the former category.

So the more I think of it, the more I see the effects as being offset and relatively minor. But over a person's lifetime, perhaps more in favor in a slightly growing number of people who identify with it as they feel more allowed to admit the truth to themselves.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I believe that there also comes a time where you gain more acceptance by showing normal behaviour. If a gay guy can actually wear 'normal' clothes and speak with a 'normal' voice that would show gays are an integral part of our culture, rather than something else.
This was the debate here too, since we just had Copenhagen Pride. But when you talk to people deeply involved in this work, consensus is that it really has a positive effect.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Let's try other preferences then. Say, you love chocolate gelato. Falafel with hummus. But you hate zucchini. Are these all by choice?
Maybe you tried it and you didn't like. You are telling me that our taste is something we are born with and we didn't aquire ?
I've never tried mayonnaise in my life, i hate it, i used to hate cheese, only started eating it 5 or 6 years ago :D

I think it's sand, heat and sitting on your knees a couple of times a day.

I might be wrong.
Fuck off. You can't have a civilized debate without having the need to mock some beliefs or origin ?

That's a pretty bold statement to make, Cheesio.
I could be wrong, i have no problem against gays tough.

And you can't compare homosexuality and pedophilia with rape and murder.
Please elaborate, some people try to argue that if you can be born homosexual, you can also be born as a pedo because both things are against nature.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
But I do notice that some gay guys I personally know equate their identity with their homosexuality. Kind of like the only gay guy in the village you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you tried it and you didn't like. You are telling me that our taste is something we are born with and we didn't aquire ?
I've never tried mayonnaise in my life, i hate it, i used to hate cheese, only started eating it 5 or 6 years ago :D
So if you gave enough blowjobs, you might start liking it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)