Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (13 Viewers)

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
And she just leaves Jorah, Tyrion & Co. behind :howler:
Just rewatched the end.
-By the time Khaleesi mounts Drogon the Harpies have already run off or are in the process of running away.
-By takeoff Daario, Jorah and co dropped their weapons and no Harpy is in sight.
-There is no indication Khaleesi is actually flying away rather than turning around and burn the escaping Harpies

The assumption that Khaleesi left them behind is ridiculous imo

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Just rewatched the end.
-By the time Khaleesi mounts Drogon the Harpies have already run off or are in the process of running away.
-By takeoff Daario, Jorah and co dropped their weapons and no Harpy is in sight.
-There is no indication Khaleesi is actually flying away rather than turning around and burn the escaping Harpies

Could be, didn't rewatch honestly.

Just wrote my initial impression, and everyone in here seemed to have the same, so I assumed it to be correct :D

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Daenerys doesn't have greyscale.

http://imgur.com/a/eXlC8

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Just rewatched the end.

There was a sneak preview of next weeks episode which
shows the three of them sitting in the thrown room

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
D&D edgelords really understood the Stannis character :howler:
Seriously that was totally moronic and out of character . They really pushed to far with the shock factor this season imho , starting with sansa and ending with this . Not forgetting about the bullshit death that barristan got .

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Going for shock value for the heck of it, with no regard for continuity and character growth just cheapens it, and makes you question the validity of the story if they are disregarding their source to such degrees.

Unless last episode is mindblowing kind of development, this season will end as a really dissapointing and weak one, and I will be far from as excited for next one as I been in general for the others.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
agreed, it's also kinda cheap way of sensationalizing the thing, it's like they wanted to outdo the red wedding.
exactly
since I'm at it already

Dorne story annoys me just as much. Jamie was supposed to do awesome stuff. I haven't read the book but now, after the pointless Dorne plot came to a pointless end, I've read up what Jaime was supposed to do and D&D went full retard, shat on character development for DA PRISON SNEK BOOBIES.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
And she just leaves Jorah, Tyrion & Co. behind :howler:
I lol'd at that. Selfish cunt should have at least made the dragon back up the unsullied who were fighting and dying to protect her moments earlier

Have to agree on the last scene sucking. How in the fuck did hundreds of armed assassins carrying masks even get so close to the queen without a single person noticiing. The unsullied are fucking worthless security and then, while fully armored, they get tossed in battle by a bunch of dagger wielding cultists who, until recently, sat on their fucking asses while slaves did all the work.

oh and i get that she can command and ride dragons etc....but the way it was done just seemed too harry potter esque for my liking. As far as Shireen's death goes I thought it could have been a compelling scene but it really just didn't fit with the character developement of Stannis' so far. Seemed to far fetched or at least rushed when he goes from finally embracing her in one episode to burning her alive immediately after. Oh and he's supposed to be the best military commander in westeros but his siege is kaput because 20 men sneak into his camp and torch all of his vital, unguarded, supplies :disagree:

The show seems to be stalling on some story lines, giving screen time to popular characters and drama as opposed to interesting plots. perhaps it's trying to appeal to a more general audience recently. The writing clearly isn't what it used to be.

The king of dorne is weak too. Annoyingly obvious that Oberyn's lover is going to walk all over him ignoring the fact that he's totally in the right about not wanting to start a fooking war with westeros.

i hate to be one of these people but shit this season has been seriously dissapointing.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
This season has been pretty awful. Too predictable. Pointless shock value bullshit. Too many fillers. That fucking dragon scene and stannis burning his kid were ridiculous. Forced.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I lol'd at that. Selfish cunt should have at least made the dragon back up the unsullied who were fighting and dying to protect her moments earlier

Have to agree on the last scene sucking. How in the fuck did hundreds of armed assassins carrying masks even get so close to the queen without a single person noticiing. The unsullied are fucking worthless security and then, while fully armored, they get tossed in battle by a bunch of dagger wielding cultists who, until recently, sat on their fucking asses while slaves did all the work.

oh and i get that she can command and ride dragons etc....but the way it was done just seemed too harry potter esque for my liking. As far as Shireen's death goes I thought it could have been a compelling scene but it really just didn't fit with the character developement of Stannis' so far. Seemed to far fetched or at least rushed when he goes from finally embracing her in one episode to burning her alive immediately after. Oh and he's supposed to be the best military commander in westeros but his siege is kaput because 20 men sneak into his camp and torch all of his vital, unguarded, supplies :disagree:

The show seems to be stalling on some story lines, giving screen time to popular characters and drama as opposed to interesting plots. perhaps it's trying to appeal to a more general audience recently. The writing clearly isn't what it used to be.

The king of dorne is weak too. Annoyingly obvious that Oberyn's lover is going to walk all over him ignoring the fact that he's totally in the right about not wanting to start a fooking war with westeros.

i hate to be one of these people but shit this season has been seriously dissapointing.
:agree: not to mention that they threw Spears at the dragon but never thought of throwing then at the Princess. The two bitches holding hands. Everyone so still in that circle. Cutting to close ups of their faces. Such cheesy bullshit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)