Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (9 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Too many whiners here.
Little bit, yeah.

To be fair, this season hasn't been quite up to standards so far, but it's been exaggerated a lot by how much. Moreover, I've not read the books, but everyone who has basically says that the books that it's based on is a lot weaker than the first ones as well, for pretty much the same reasons all of you mentioned - the steam has run out of most plotlines, there's a lot of characters just moving around or killing time, with things being set up for the grand conclusion presumably. As such, I don't understand the extreme criticism of the showwriters.

Also, the Wall-plot has never been better and truly brilliant this season, Hardhome was an outstanding episode for example.

Concerning Shireen, I don't know book-Stannis, but for me his decision last episode has absolutely not been out of character for him. And his father-daughter scene earlier this season was literally the opposite of pointless, it's in fact extremely important in showing how difficult making his choice was.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They're going with their own story.
And failing at it big time this season. Dont know if its hubris or getting lost in their creative writing, but ignoring too much of the original source that made this possible for you is not all too smart, especially if it means inconsistent mess for characters and it just becomes cheap desire to shock your viewers.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Little bit, yeah.

To be fair, this season hasn't been quite up to standards so far, but it's been exaggerated a lot by how much. Moreover, I've not read the books, but everyone who has basically says that the books that it's based on is a lot weaker than the first ones as well, for pretty much the same reasons all of you mentioned - the steam has run out of most plotlines, there's a lot of characters just moving around or killing time, with things being set up for the grand conclusion presumably. As such, I don't understand the extreme criticism of the showwriters.

Also, the Wall-plot has never been better and truly brilliant this season, Hardhome was an outstanding episode for example.

Concerning Shireen, I don't know book-Stannis, but for me his decision last episode has absolutely not been out of character for him. And his father-daughter scene earlier this season was literally the opposite of pointless, it's in fact extremely important in showing how difficult making his choice was.
:tup:

I never read the books either but I can't say it surprises me when I saw what Stannis did there.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Is it safe to talk about book stuff without spoiler tags now ? I mean the show has almost totally caught up with the books , except for one obvious detail which we still have to see :D?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He made a point of it in the series in past season to defend his daughter to his wife and Melisandre that she is his rightful heir, when the dumbass bitch mother wanted to discard her. It seriously doesnt make sense to do that to his cherished daughter and only heir.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Is it safe to talk about book stuff without spoiler tags now ? I mean the show has almost totally caught up with the books , except for one obvious detail which we still have to see :D?
Everything that also already happened in the show is fair game for sure.

But there's a book thread as well for everything else.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
He made a point of it in the series in past season to defend his daughter to his wife and Melisandre that she is his rightful heir, when the dumbass bitch mother wanted to discard her. It seriously doesnt make sense to do that to his cherished daughter and only heir.
Exactly. Now, if he does become king, the moment he's gone there's no Baratheon to take his place and so it will all descend into chaos again.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
imagine if Martin had a written a big role for shireen in his book he's currently writing up
she will probably face a similar death in the books , but definetly not by stannis's hands

Book spoilers , should not spoil anything on the show
She together with melisandre stay at the wall in the books and seeing how she died in the show she will probably face a similar death in the books . Only difference would be that melisandre burns her without stannis's approval , which she would have never goten

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)