Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (54 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
stannis could cut a deal with mance to spare him and his men if they agree to join his army to get the iron throne, win win for both, plus it goes along the line of the redhead bitch agenda of having stannis be the light bearer of the god of light and savior of westeros.

what i really want to know is where is the band of rebels with the guy who comes back from the dead that arya traveled with? im sure we will see them again in season 5
Stannis will probably use the wildlings to help defend the wall from white walkers. im assuming he's not done in the north and the great war the red woman has been talking about is with the white walkers and not the wildlings.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
why kill tywin and not cersei?

and varys left coz he realized lannister time is over, he prolly will join up with stannis
I think Varys left suddenly because he feared for his life when he realized the bells going off in the keep means Tywin is dead. That there would be enquiries and the mad Cersei would be out for blood.

It's one thing to sneak out Tyrion, the blame would on Jaime. But aiding a patricide, and head of Lannister no less, yeah he wanted to gtfo that mayhem.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Maaaaaaaaan what a fucking episode that was :D

I mean, I knew about Stannis and Tywins death (though I read that Jamie was going to do that), but still, what an amazing episode. Brans part was particularly interesting, though I kinda hate them for cutting away without us actually getting to know anything substantial.

And I don't like the Mountain and Tyrions survival. I know I'm pretty much alone with the latter, but as of this point he is the second most boring main character for me, and probably the one with most screentime again next season. He was a great character for quite some time, but his way of talking and humor quickly became pretty repititve and his escape was a tid-bit too farfetched as well imo. I get there not being any guards present with Varys interfering and all, but not a single post in Tyrions quarters?
Also, I do not like Varys leaving Kings Landing. He's pretty much the strongest force of "good" and order at this point in the show in Westeros, and one of my favourite characters.

Daenerys' part was the weakest one by a huge fucking mile. She's boring and unlikeable now, not a good combination. And to think that there were times where her arc used to be the most interesting....

Arya was badass once again, the fight between the Hound and Brienne was awesome, and though Aryas refusal to kill the Hound was kinda awful, it fits her character very well, and does a good job in showing the transformation she has underwent the past few seasons. Looking forward to her Bravos scenes next season.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah but it's still the head of her family and basically the ruler of Westeros who got killed, she would punish anyone involved either way. Especially someone they look down on like Varys.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah but it's still the head of her family and basically the ruler of Westeros who got killed, she would punish anyone involved either way. Especially someone they look down on like Varys.
like i said a freed tyrion is what would really set her off and that didnt make him want to leave, his mission as he said it himself is to make sure the iron throne belongs to someone who can guarantee stability and after the death of tywin, that is surely gone, you have a family who owes tons of money with no natural leader, their time is done.

I bet she'll just be relieved she won't get married.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
She will be for sure, but he made their house what it is, huge loss for them and she should realize that. Before they get owned hard by the Tyrells.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
i see what you did there :D

and @Osman varys showed his loyalty for cersei with his testimony and it's not like the latter cares about the death of her father, id say shed a be a lot more pissed about the imp escaping
showing your loyalty is how you survive Cersei plus the Varys fella is portrayed as a smarty-pants and would have known the trial was gonna be a sham. Don't wanna be the one nail sticking out in that sort of shed, after all.

like i said a freed tyrion is what would really set her off and that didnt make him want to leave, his mission as he said it himself is to make sure the iron throne belongs to someone who can guarantee stability and after the death of tywin, that is surely gone, you have a family who owes tons of money with no natural leader, their time is done.
Tywin's death was one more reason why Varys would have feared a witch-hunt - someone would have to pay for Tyrion's escape and Tywin's death. Even worse, a witch-hunt lead by a crazy and unpredictable Cersei and not Tywin nonetheless. With Tywin's death, as you said, any source of reason and stability i.e. predictability would be gone and the witch-hunt would likely be followed by mayhem-like struggle for power caused by Cersei and the likely declining power of the family (with tywin gone and all their debt).
Would be dangerous to stick around for a multi-front storm like that and tough to survive it. Best to wait it out somewhere safe and plan your next move.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha yea, it was creepy.

It's probably a coincidence imo.
they have a word for that sort of coincidence - plagiarism :)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
like i said cersei will not give 2 shits about tywin dying, all she cares about are her kids. And she hates tyrion, letting go would be the thing that piss her off the most and he was ready to face that. this si what you should remember:

"Power resides where men believe it resides; it's a trick, a shadow on the wall, and a very small man can cast a very large shadow"

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
like i said cersei will not give 2 shits about tywin dying, all she cares about are her kids. And she hates tyrion, letting go would be the thing that piss her off the most and he was ready to face that. this si what you should remember:

"Power resides where men believe it resides; it's a trick, a shadow on the wall, and a very small man can cast a very large shadow"
Never said Cersei would go the extra mile to find Tywin's killer but someone would have to pay, for appearances, if nothing else - doesn't have to be the real killer as long someone pays for it and that would be a perfect chance to get rid of whomever she feels like.

Above all, however, with Tywin gone, out the window are also any reason and predictability in the actions of the governing body. Varys was ready to face Cersei's wrath for Tyrion's escape with Tywin in the picture but maybe not without him - totally different animal surviving a witch-hunt lead by a crazy she-bitch. Actually, make that two hunts.
My guess is he just wanted to wait out the uncontrollable storm that was likely to follow before things would settle down when he would try to make his move for the throne.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Varys is the pimp daddy max of this place. He ain't never scared.

- - - Updated - - -

So... who will be the new Hand of the King now, what do you think?

Jamie?
Impossible. Taking the white is just like taking the black, except you get one backsie. But if you take it, it's the same wearing a t shirt with PPB on it.

- - - Updated - - -

FOR
FUCKS
SAKE

Below is a part about the Mountain that was changed from the books:

I can't believe they let the Mountain live wow. They changed the fucking books and made him survive and didn't even show him suffer unimaginable pain for days like it was in the books. I can't believe this :sergio:.
:sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 54)