Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (43 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I've never watched the show so I wouldn't know
:D
nah he was pushed out
he stormed out of the castle when Joffrey and Cersei stripped him of his rank. Yea they booted him from the kings guard but im pretty sure he was still under oath to serve the king though. Only reason they let him go instead of execution was his popularity among the soldiers.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
:D

he stormed out of the castle when Joffrey and Cersei stripped him of his rank. Yea they booted him from the kings guard but im pretty sure he was still under oath to serve the king though. Only reason they let him go instead of execution was his popularity among the soldiers.
nope he was relieved of that too, title of the video is misleading

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
It wasn't directed at you, Bruce Banner. And, like Abel, you also missed the point, which were you clearly overrating yourself
Overrating ? Not really. Every strongman or powerlifter who can rackpull 350kg or more, can do a hummer deadlift from the ground
He's actually cheating on the proper form of the excercise, cause a strongman hummer tire deadlift, is done elevated, to compensate for that huge bend of the bar.
Aka you do a deficit deadlift, but it acts as a regular one cause of the bend.

Thing is, people are commenting here who dont deadlift over 200kg. Sumo, conventional or even racked.

Perhaps, people should do that first, and then come back :)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Overrating ? Not really. Every strongman or powerlifter who can rackpull 350kg or more, can do a hummer deadlift from the ground
He's actually cheating on the proper form of the excercise, cause a strongman hummer tire deadlift, is done elevated, to compensate for that huge bend of the bar.
Aka you do a deficit deadlift, but it acts as a regular one cause of the bend.

Thing is, people are commenting here who dont deadlift over 200kg. Sumo, conventional or even racked.

Perhaps, people should do that first, and then come back :)
Hey man, 200 kg's a lot. Some of us are still having trouble breaking 150 :p

I guess the money's going to a good cause.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Reality check fool : I competed last month. I'm above the minimum total to enter both Belgian and European IPF raw competition, and if i'd train single play, also the open competition.

See how much of a fool you are now.

Did i say its a walk in the part you $#@!ing idiot ? Nope, i did not.

I said tire deadlifts is a freak thing. That 994 is "pretty strong", but that he's amongst the specific type of deadlifters that should be able to do that, and that i could match that.

THis video, is a real deadlift. By the best deadlifter in the world. Dont make stupid ass $#@! comments about it you $#@!ing $#@!.
Zach. You know "The Mountain" has done a 420kg raw deadlift, no suit (possibly straps), right? That's a pretty burly deadlift for raw.

The tire thing is a gimmick, just like you say. But the guy is a beast with the deadlift regardless. 420 raw is massive, and there are only a few guys in the world that can top it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Zach. You know "The Mountain" has done a 420kg raw deadlift, no suit (possibly straps), right? That's a pretty burly deadlift for raw.

The tire thing is a gimmick, just like you say. But the guy is a beast with the deadlift regardless. 420 raw is massive, and there are only a few guys in the world that can top it.
420kg is massive indeed.

Dont bother to much about the deadliftsuit or lifting straps.

Unlike bench shirt or squat suit, a deadlift suit does allmost nothing. It can give the best in the world 20kg extra at most, when doing sumo deadlifts. It doesnt help for conventional. Wich is why in a gearedcompetition, the deadlift is an excellent indicator for us raw athletes how strong the opponent actually is

Lifting straps, give nothing extra. Normally, you use chalk and overhand+underhand grip. However some athletes get a beter mechanical movement when doing double overhand. But thats impossible to hold. Wich is why lifting straps are used.

Because of the mechanic, hummer tire deadlift is allmost exclusively done with conventional style and double overhand using straps

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
420kg is massive indeed.

Dont bother to much about the deadliftsuit or lifting straps.

Unlike bench shirt or squat suit, a deadlift suit does allmost nothing. It can give the best in the world 20kg extra at most, when doing sumo deadlifts. It doesnt help for conventional. Wich is why in a gearedcompetition, the deadlift is an excellent indicator for us raw athletes how strong the opponent actually is

Lifting straps, give nothing extra. Normally, you use chalk and overhand+underhand grip. However some athletes get a beter mechanical movement when doing double overhand. But thats impossible to hold. Wich is why lifting straps are used.

Because of the mechanic, hummer tire deadlift is allmost exclusively done with conventional style and double overhand using straps
I always wondered about the suits for deadlift as the weights don't jump nearly as high as with BP and Squat. I recall throwing on a BP shirt a few times and once figuring out the groove to follow, my BP rising from 145 kg to 165 kg (BW of 77kg). I never did much training of DL and PL Squat besides as occasional auxiliary training for O. lifting so I don't know all that much about it. I never got to a weight where a double overhand grip without straps failed me. I'm fairly lean as well (179cm and 70kg-77kg fluctuations) so I constantly had quite the battle with back rounding when weight increased to near max/max (somewhere around 180kg for deadlift and for high bar Oly. Squat 170). It was always impressive to see the core thickness and strength of those who can keep a flat back at 250-300kg plus in a DL.

Anyways. This probably belongs in the workout thread. Thanks for the info.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Just watching that Beetle scene from the last episode again and it struck me that Jamie seemed a bit callous in the way he just walked out of the cell and just said ''good luck today'' without looking at Tyrion and then just left.

Maybe the result of that fight didn't concern him all that much as he may have had a plan to help him escape regardless of the outcome?

5:30 onwards

Maybe he was too upset on the other hand :boh:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I always wondered about the suits for deadlift as the weights don't jump nearly as high as with BP and Squat. I recall throwing on a BP shirt a few times and once figuring out the groove to follow, my BP rising from 145 kg to 165 kg (BW of 77kg). I never did much training of DL and PL Squat besides as occasional auxiliary training for O. lifting so I don't know all that much about it. I never got to a weight where a double overhand grip without straps failed me. I'm fairly lean as well (179cm and 70kg-77kg fluctuations) so I constantly had quite the battle with back rounding when weight increased to near max/max (somewhere around 180kg for deadlift and for high bar Oly. Squat 170). It was always impressive to see the core thickness and strength of those who can keep a flat back at 250-300kg plus in a DL.

Anyways. This probably belongs in the workout thread. Thanks for the info.
True, i'll give one last answer in this thread :tongue:

Bench suits remove the weakness of the last centimeters before the bar hits the chest. Especially if you know that you need to keep the bar still for a second before going back up. Bench suits basically remove this.
In fact, bench suits require you to pull the weight down because they resist that much. Its all about lockout.

At IPF open, we saw people with~140kg pauzed bench do 100kg more and up

Squatsuits are sortha the same thing. The weakness of squat is getting "out of the hole" above the breaking point. Squat suits act like an elastic band. They give phenomenal rebounce to the hips when sitting down. Coupled with kneewraps wich do the same, the weight goes up dramatically.

For example, my squat pr raw without wraps in competition was 232.5kg. But in training, with ADP strangulators wrapped 8x on a 2 meter wrap, i've done squats around 320-330 kg. Without a suit that is.

Deadlifting, there is the issue. Suits work if you deadlift with straight hollow back, and doesnt add much. But many liftters round the back. Generally, allmost nobody with a conventional deadlift uses a suit, as it works against, it blocks the rounding.
Sumo deadlifters who can keep a straight back even on pr's (cause its their best mechanic) can get up to 20kg out of a suit.

You likely have good strong forearms. With chalk, i can do about 170kg from the ground into 6 shrugs with double overhand and chalk. and then the weight is at my fingertips really. However, i can easely hold 300kg with switched grip and chalk.
But with lifting straps, the issue of weight goes away, as i can do 350 rack pulls double overhand with straps

In general, your grip is generally far ahead if you got good forearms. Improving on that takes a very long time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)