Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (9 Viewers)

Jul 10, 2006
That would be fine reasoning to excuse Jaime IF he had shown any kind of remorse or guild. However he pushed Bran without a single second of hesitation and never cared about the kid or what he did. That makes him an evil scum like most of the Lannisters.
That's the problem between viewing the TV show and reading the books. When you read the books, you learn what some of the main characters are thinking. That's extremely hard to reproduce in film or television. Not saying he showed a lot of remorse in the book right after the Brann incident, but let me just say he isn't a robot.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
We are discussing the show here, not the book. There's another topic about the book where people can discuss the book characters which will always be a bit different than their TV adaptations.

People who read the books shouldn't discuss characters with people who didn't, because the opinions will obviously be different as they have:

1. more source material
2. more detailed source material
3. a different source material

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I'm not quite representative of the Canadian population, my favourite book is The Prince by Niccolò Machiavelli :D
I was joking, but there's some truth in it :). I know nothing about that book.

Edit: Just googled it. There was a programme years ago about the use of force starting from this book. I've to see it again, cause I remember it was intriuging. Or I could just read the book :)

Jul 10, 2006
We are discussing the show here, not the book. There's another topic about the book where people can discuss the book characters which will always be a bit different than their TV adaptations.

People who read the books shouldn't discuss characters with people who didn't, because the opinions will obviously be different as they have:

1. more source material
2. more detailed source material
3. a different source material
I was simply stating a fact. Carry on.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
A little part from this interview:

Q: I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this, but: Have you ever regretted the scene?
A: Martin: No. Not as a writer. It’s probably the most powerful scene in the books. It cost me some readers, but gained me many more.

I don't really understand this part. What, the people were so mad that their favorite character from the book were killed that they decided not to read it anymore? How stupid is that? This scene is what makes this series so interesting, unpredictable and unique and people want to make it the usual happy fairytale? Go read Beauty and the Beast then.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

A little part from this interview:

Q: I’m pretty sure I know the answer to this, but: Have you ever regretted the scene?
A: Martin: No. Not as a writer. It’s probably the most powerful scene in the books. It cost me some readers, but gained me many more.

I don't really understand this part. What, the people were so mad that their favorite character from the book were killed that they decided not to read it anymore? How stupid is that? This scene is what makes this series so interesting, unpredictable and unique and people want to make it the usual happy fairytale? Go read Beauty and the Beast then.
My man. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)