Gael Givet (1 Viewer)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
for the record, no, Givet is not pronounced -ay in the way that -ay would be in english. if you don't say the "ee" part at the end of ay, then it would be correct. the "g" is like a combination of the soft english "g" and "j" and "sh" :D

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
m_elayyan said:
is he good enough for Juve???
We are not in position to think is he good for Juve or not, we must think is he good for Serie B or not.

But I think he is pretty good, not like Canna but he could be a solid replacement, at least pull out Legrotaglie out of squad...

Arvin

Juve Star
Dec 30, 2004
now we are talking about him.....he is very good both in center and he can play on the left wing too.....he is the best....FORZA JUVE & DESCAHMPS to signing him...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Stephan said:
what you mean?

that we have an agreement with the club alredi to buy him at a set price, and providing we meet that price we get him.

but im not 100% sure if we have first option, but i think i remmeber zamparini saying tht we had some kinda agreement over him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Gael Givet is a very good young stopper. He's quick, has good poistional sense, tackles well and is a decent marker. I believe he can take any role across the back line, but it seems his best postion is right in the heart of the defense. If we can buy him for 5 million it would be stupid to let him go... Givet has the potential to become one of the better centerbacks in Italy.

His form under Deschamps was supurb a few years ago.

d.nico

Apr 23, 2003
goggo said:
We are not in position to think is he good for Juve or not, we must think is he good for Serie B or not.

But I think he is pretty good, not like Canna but he could be a solid replacement, at least pull out Legrotaglie out of squad...
What a thinking!
Is it 1 or 2 years contract only? oh please... :disagree:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Givet looks like a good signing, although that will probably mean Tudor on his way out and Legro more time on the bench....

I think Givet is a safe long term prospect too, I think he could make this first Italian Debut as a adaptation period before next year's serie A.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Today's Givet rumours from gazzettta. Improvised translation by yours truly.

JUVE-MONACO Ma la Juve non pensa solo a vendere. In questi giorni i contatti con il club del Principato sono stati più che proficui per Gaël Givet, il ventiquattrenne centrale difensivo che Didier Deschamps ha scelto come sostituto di Fabio Cannavaro. È molto probabile che a ruota delle grandi cessioni il club bianconero definisca anche quest’importante operazione in entrata. Con il Monaco è stata abbozzata un’intesa sulla base di 6 milioni di euro (guarda caso la stessa fatta per Cannavaro al Real) e un contratto quinquennale al giocatore che, ovviamente, è felicissimo di questa soluzione.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Primo_Piano/2006/07_Luglio/24/mercato.shtml

But Juve are not only thinking about sales. These days contact with the Principality club is frequent, to the benefit of Gaël Givet. The 24-year-old central defender whom Didier Deschamps has chosen as replacement for Fabio Cannavaro. It's very likely that the 'transfer wheel' of the bianconeri will include this important acquisition. WIth Monaco they are sketching a deal worth €6m (the same amount obtained for Cannavaro from Real Madrid) and a 5-year contract for the player, who obviously, is happy at the prospect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)