Gael Givet (3 Viewers)

roberto*baggio

*Roberto Baggio*
Dec 3, 2006
it seems that no one here is watching the french league ,that lad is absolutely a geek watch him carefully guys he miss-passes and he is not like cannavaro in any thing the only thing incommon between is the buzz cut

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Givet exit talk intensifies

Monaco coach Laurent Banide has fuelled speculation that Gael Givet could be set for a summer exit after dropping his captain following a run of bad form.

The French international was withdrawn at half-time of Saturday's 4-2 defeat to Paris Saint Germain and the Principality side are growing increasingly concerned with their skipper's performances.

Givet has suffered from a severe World Cup hangover and now faces a fight to regain his place despite the club being just six points clear of relegation.

As a result, speculation has grown that Juventus, Valencia and Marseille could all be poised to make a move for the defender who has seemingly lost the faith of his coach for the immediate future.

"In the first half at Paris he was in trouble during the Parisian attacks, so I logically thought about the team when I made that substitution," Banide told L'Equipe.

"He is experiencing a complex season.

"He didn't have any holidays after the World Cup and then has always been annoyed by injuries.

"Now it is up to him to show he can change the pecking order in the centre of defence.

"He is in a competitive situation. He will have to gain his position in the team again."

Despite his mixed form, Monaco have been hoping to tie Givet to a new deal in recent weeks after reported interest from some of the continent's leading lights.

The Ligue 1 side have now tabled a three-year extension to his current deal which expires in 2009, and are awaiting a response from the player.

Skysports.com

OP

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #192
    French international defender Gael Givet has dropped a broad hint he could be leaving Monaco at the end of the season. "I'm not saying I'm going to leave, but I don't want to close the door on this option," he said. "If I leave, it will be for a foreign club."

Juventus, led by former Monaco coach Didier Deschamps, have made it clear they are interested in signing the rock-solid central defender.

Reuters

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Cheryl Tweedy
    :heart2: :heart2: :heart2:

Shes married to Ashley Cole
    :broken: :broken: :broken:
    The ultimate marriage of convenience since he is gay and she is racist. :D

I wouldn't mind Givet but I would prefer Barzagli and Milito for the centre of defence for next season.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
    French international defender Gael Givet has dropped a broad hint he could be leaving Monaco at the end of the season. "I'm not saying I'm going to leave, but I don't want to close the door on this option," he said. "If I leave, it will be for a foreign club."

Juventus, led by former Monaco coach Didier Deschamps, have made it clear they are interested in signing the rock-solid central defender.

Reuters
    Really??..

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    We haven't lost out on Barzagli yet though have we. I understand Milan are interested and close on signing him, but Juve has been at this stage for quite some time.

Givet isnt world class but then again, which defender is and is also available?

Jul 15, 2006
    Givet would be more than good enough for us next year, DD made him very good when Monaco went all the way to the CL final. After DD left Monaco he lost his way a bit, he can become great imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)