Gabriel Appelt (4 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
I hope he's still being considered by the Brazilian age groups, U19 U21 et al. I am starting to feel that the Primavera is obstructing his development.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well, Gabriel is a pretty talented youngster and we payed €4-5 mill for him. Wouldn't make sense to sell him on a permanent basis.
I will care when he shows something. Until then, even if we sell him down the line, its up to him to impress to the point we would take a serious look at him. Until then, I dont care.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
It wasn't that much, more like €2m.
I doubt it's even that. 2M euros is like 5/6M reais (the value of 1 real in Brazil is similar to 1 euro in Europe - for example, u pay 2.50 for a bus ticket), it's too much. These kids used to play for a 4th division team in Brazil. They've playe like 8 games professionally when bought. But 17yr old Appelt marked Ronaldinho when playing Flamengo, impressed and got famous.

It's not more than 1M euros, I would guess.

Anyway, info for you: Pro Vercelli has an option to buy. But Juventus has an option to buy back. LOL. I'm not kidding. It's just one of those crazy Italian deals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)