[Friendly] JUVENTUS 2-0 Malaga (Aug. 4th 2012) (3 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hustini :howler:

You still don't get that we don't think Matri should be our starting striker. But as it stands now, he is our best striker whether you care to admit it or not. Keep bad mouthing the guy who won us so many vital points last season. Stay classy.
Calm down, tiger.

I am not bad mouthing him. I just don't think he is good. The fact that people know he shouldn't be our starting striker says it all and for good reason. He is wasteful.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
LOL

In one thread, someone points out to me that Gio's doing well is "only in a friendly" and not to get too excited yet but when Matri scores 3 goals at point blank range against shitty opposition when these things are literally handed to him on a silver platter its the next coming of Christ.

LOL all hail matri.
The same shitty opposition that Giovinco scored 0 goals against

:howler:

Cool logic bro.

---------- Post added 05.08.2012 at 11:12 ----------

Calm down, tiger.

I am not bad mouthing him. I just don't think he is good. The fact that people know he shouldn't be our starting striker says it all and for good reason. He is wasteful.
Still our best striker. Get RVP, Dzeko, whoever. But if we sell Matri to a tital rival, its a massive mistake, simple as that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The same shitty opposition that Giovinco scored 0 goals against

:howler:

Cool logic bro.

---------- Post added 05.08.2012 at 11:12 ----------

Still our best striker. Get RVP, Dzeko, whoever. But if we sell Matri to a tital rival, its a massive mistake, simple as that.
I don't care which one of Quag or Matri stays or goes, doesn't matter a fuck to me. At the end of the day we are going to see a shit ton of wasted chances with this guy. Deal with it.

---------- Post added 04.08.2012 at 21:14 ----------

And now we are comparing two different players in Giovinco & Matri.

LoL and my logic gets criticized. :tup:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
LOL

In one thread, someone points out to me that Gio's doing well is "only in a friendly" and not to get too excited yet but when Matri scores 3 goals at point blank range against shitty opposition when these things are literally handed to him on a silver platter its the next coming of Christ.

LOL all hail matri.
so you'll be an ass like that certain 'someone' as well?

and 2 of them certainly weren't at point blank range, were good finishes.

not asking for any praise, just consistency.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

You will get praise just as soon as Matri starts actually offering consistency.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

He scored one "tap in" out of his past 3 goals, and even then he showed great timing and movement to get there.

---------- Post added 05.08.2012 at 11:23 ----------

Fair enough. I will calm it down, hopefully you will do the same.
:tup: I can agree to that.

You know I love ya Hust, but just try to look at things from a different perspective once in a while :)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Like I said, if Matri can offer more consistency I will change my tone and admit for being wrong. In this case, I just don't think he can do it. Obviously other see differently.

---------- Post added 04.08.2012 at 21:24 ----------

30 goals in the past 2 seasons, 43 in the past 3...am sure you know the stats by now.

but go ahead, do a Cronios if it suits your point of view :tup:
No one here is doing Cronios, certainly not me.

May 22, 2007
Last 6 months of performances I'd say.

Not just preseason, obviously. But in the TIM cup, it was blatantly obvious what we could very well be going through again this year if we don't get someone better.
Everyone seems to be in agreement that he isn't good enough to be in that sort of position for a top team, and we definitely need a clinical centre forward. That's been the biggest issue over the last season, and the club needs to pull their finger out and go look for someone to replace the clinical forward they forced out two summers ago, so Iaquinta and Amauri could be kept. This entire summer should be designed around improving on Matri because he has faults like sulking when things don't go right, or missing very simple chances.

I disagree that he's a must sell, he would be a fine player to have in reserve for whichever striker is purchased over the next few weeks. For what he has shown in a Juventus jersey, I think he does deserve a place in the team. The problem is when a club comes with a decent offer, I think it would be hard to reject it (as long as it isn't from Milan). It would a tempting option, with Quagliarella not likely to receive any attractive offers.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Everyone seems to be in agreement that he isn't good enough to be in that sort of position for a top team, and we definitely need a clinical centre forward. That's been the biggest issue over the last season, and the club needs to pull their finger out and go look for someone to replace the clinical forward they forced out two summers ago, so Iaquinta and Amauri could be kept. This entire summer should be designed around improving on Matri because he has faults like sulking when things don't go right, or missing very simple chances.

I disagree that he's a must sell, he would be a fine player to have in reserve for whichever striker is purchased over the next few weeks. For what he has shown in a Juventus jersey, I think he does deserve a place in the team. The problem is when a club comes with a decent offer, I think it would be hard to reject it (as long as it isn't from Milan). It would a tempting option, with Quagliarella not likely to receive any attractive offers.
That's my point...that is, in missing the easy chances.

As for the rest of the post, yes we could very easily make a decent profit for him and buy someone as back up who could probably offer more than the starting more clinical striker should we get one. Who knows, with a change in formation and new players that could offer more in terms of service he needs he might very well explode and I could be completely wrong. I am not throwing that theory out, but if he doesn't offer more consistency in the coming matches then we better start planning the next move.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
Hustini :howler:

You still don't get that we don't think Matri should be our starting striker. But as it stands now, he is our best striker whether you care to admit it or not. Keep bad mouthing the guy who won us so many vital points last season. Stay classy.
I would like to hear which games, you're refering to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)