Frank Lampard is better than Zidane (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2005
It is agreed that Lampard is a highly effective player for Chelski, that is not in doubt. However, the bone of contention here is that he is a better player than Zidane was in his prime. Anyone with half a brain knows that Lampard is not fit to wipe Zidane's boots even today.

Buy on AliExpress.com

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by madlawyer1 ] ++
It is agreed that Lampard is a highly effective player for Chelski, that is not in doubt. However, the bone of contention here is that he is a better player than Zidane was in his prime. Anyone with half a brain knows that Lampard is not fit to wipe Zidane's boots even today.
My argument is that the two sides here are using different standards of better - more effective, or more talented.

Feb 26, 2005
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
My argument is that the two sides here are using different standards of better - more effective, or more talented.
Well, to set this straight, Zidane in his peak was both more effective and more talented than Lampard will ever be.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++
One more thing, why do you keep insisting that I said Lampard isn't a good player?
RTFP - Read the fucking posts! I never said that!!

jesus whats the point. I should have given up when you said beautiful football was more important than end product :howler:

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

are you comparing a 35 year old player with a 25 year old player , compare them when they were at the same age dude:(
Ok ok don't cry. I've actually said the two aren't really comparable anyway (different positions)

Jul 28, 2002
lets wait to see at the end of the season then we can compare....but on the current run of things, Lamps may be the more effective and productive. If chelsea keep going then heck...zidanes tally of trophies will look tiny.

Who will do it with more grace....Zidane, who will jus do it?? Lamps.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
lets wait to see at the end of the season then we can compare....but on the current run of things, Lamps may be the more effective and productive. If chelsea keep going then heck...zidanes tally of trophies will look tiny.

Who will do it with more grace....Zidane, who will jus do it?? Lamps.
If we're comparing present form and age, then yes, this is most probable..

however, if we're comparing the overall player, then Zidane rapes Lampard..

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
My god... All this time spent argueing over what some kid said his personal opinion was, on a public forum...Ridiculous...
Hadn't noticed that. Good spot Paul. Still, it's clearly a bone of contention, even here.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
My god... All this time spent argueing over what some kid said his personal opinion was, on a public forum...Ridiculous...
Its as valid as an opinion as the next persons

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Tom ] ++

Its as valid as an opinion as the next persons
Of course it is (though it seems its not from the replies here so far ) ... I jus cant believe that you are all making such a fuss about what some average unknown persons opinion is on another public forum...

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
The argument here is not being resolved because both sides are aguring different things. Can we not agree that Lampard is not, and will never be as skillful, graceful and elegant a footballer as Zidane was at his peak? At the same time, can we not agree that Lampard's scoring rate from midfield is so phenominal that he is arguably as effective a player for Chelsea as Zidane ever was, be it fro France, Juve or Real? They're seperate issues, but people here are shouting them at eachother as if they prove eachother untrue.
Agreed.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
HOW CAN ANYONE COMPARE LAMPARD WITH ZIDANE???Zidane is a legend.PLEASE SHOW RESPECT TO THE BEST PLAYER OF THE 90's.

And I don't speak for now.I speak for some years before when zidane was still a magician

Arttk

Jul 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
mmm zidane has won everything a player can win. World cup, Euro cup, Confed cup, World player of the year, Series A, La Liga. Now lets see, Lampard won.. ummm .. the premiership and .. mmm .. and what???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)