Formula one 2009 (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2007
autosport.com said:
Hamilton disqualified from Australian GP

By Jonathan Noble Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 08:49 GMT

Lewis HamiltonLewis Hamilton has been stripped of his third place finish in the season-opening Australian Grand Prix after the world champion and his team were judged to have provided 'misleading' evidence during a post-race stewards' hearing.

The British driver had finished fourth on the road, but was moved up a position when original third place finisher Jarno Trulli was handed a 25-second penalty for having overtaken Hamilton behind the safety car.

However, following the discovery of new evidence, believed to be radio transmissions from the Toyota and McLaren teams, the race stewards convened a fresh hearing in Malaysia this afternoon to discuss the matter.

It is believed the radio transmissions contradicted the original statements presented to the stewards by Hamilton and McLaren.

A statement issued by the stewards said: "The Stewards having considered the new elements presented to them from the 2009 Australian Formula One Grand Prix, consider that driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes acted in a manner prejudicial to the conduct of the event by providing evidence deliberately misleading to the Stewards at the hearing on Sunday 29th March 2009, a breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code.

"Under Article 158 of the International Sporting Code the driver No 1 Lewis Hamilton and the competitor Vodafone McLaren Mercedes are excluded from the race classification for the 2009 Australian Grand Prix and the classification is amended accordingly."

Further to the Hamilton decision, the race stewards have scrapped the penalty against Trulli and he has now been awarded third place for the Australian Grand Prix.

Revised Melbourne standings:

Classified:

Pos Driver Team Time
1. Button Brawn GP (B) 1h34:15.784
2. Barrichello Brawn GP (B) + 0.807
3. Trulli Toyota (B) + 1.604
4. Glock Toyota (B) + 4.435
5. Alonso Renault (B) + 4.879
6. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) + 5.722
7. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) + 6.004
8. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) + 6.298
9. Sutil Force India-Mercedes (B) + 6.335
10. Heidfeld BMW Sauber (B) + 7.085
11. Fisichella Force India-Mercedes (B) + 7.374
12. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) + 1 lap
13. Vettel Red Bull-Renault (B) + 2 laps
14. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) + 3 laps
15. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) + 3 laps

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74146
hahaha

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Cronios

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #103
    "As Toyota withdrew what would be a seemingly hopeless appeal this week, Trulli reminded onlookers of his version of events: "When the safety car came out towards the end of the race, Lewis Hamilton passed me but soon after he suddenly slowed down and pulled over to the side of the road. I thought he had a problem, so I overtook him as there was nothing else I could do."

Hamilton admitted to passing the Toyota as it ran across the grass at Turn 15, subsequently explaining that his team then instructed him to yield to Trulli. "I was behind Trulli under the safety car, and clearly you're not allowed to overtake under the safety car but he went off in the second to last corner," he explained to SpeedTV on Sunday. "He went wide and onto the grass, I guess his tyres were cold. I slowed down as much as I could, but was forced to go by. I was then told to let him back past, but I don't know if that's in the regulations and, if it isn't, I should really have had third."

Despite those comments, however, the stewards claim that Hamilton made no mention of this during their post-race investigation into the incident just minutes later, stating that he in fact did not slow down to allow the Toyota to retake the place.":shifty:

And the radio conversation:
    "Phil Prew (race engineer to Hamilton): OK Lewis, you just need to make sure your delta's positive over the safety car line. After the safety car line the delta doesn't matter, but no overtaking. No overtaking.

Lewis Hamilton: The Toyota went off in the second to last corner I overtook him is that OK?

PP: Understood, Lewis. We'll confirm and get back to you.

LH: He was off the track. He went wide.

PP: Lewis, you need to allow the Toyota through. Allow the Toyota through now.

LH: OK.

(Hamilton yields to Trulli, unseen on TV screens)

LH: He's slowed right down in front of me.

PP: OK, Lewis. Stay ahead for the time being. Stay ahead. We'll get back to you. We're talking to Charlie (Whiting, race director).

LH: I've let him past already.

PP: OK, Lewis. That's fine. That's fine. Hold position. Hold position.

LH: Ask Charlie I already overtook him and I've just let him past so...

PP: I understand Lewis. We are checking. Now can we go to yellow G5, yellow Golf 5.

LH: If I don't have to let him past then I should be able to take that position back, because he made a mistake.

Dave Ryan (team manager): Yes, we understand Lewis. Let's just do it by the book. We're asking Charlie now. You are in P4, if you hold this position. Just keep it together.

PP: OK Lewis, your KERS is full, your KERS is full. Just be aware. You can go back to black F2, black Foxtrott 2.

LH: Have you found out from Charlie on whether I can take it back or not?

PP: We're till waiting on a response Lewis, still waiting.

PP: Lewis, work on your brakes please. Front brakes are cold.

DR: Lewis, If we are able to use, to deploy KERS that would be good. If you can deploy KERS please do so now.

PP: OK, Lewis, this is the last lap of the race. At the end of the lap the safety car will come in, you just proceed over the line without overtaking, without overtaking. We are looking into the Trulli thing, but just hold position..."

The governing body stated that - during the original enquiry after the race - Hamilton and his team explained to the stewards that they had not deliberately let Trulli retake third position, after the Toyota had run across the grass during the safety car period. However, in an interview captured by America's SpeedTV just minutes before the World Champion attended race control, Hamilton explained that his team had given him the order to let the Toyota through.

The FIA stressed that the reason the mclaren is now disqualified is that 'misleading information' was given, as the radio recordings from the race contain 'two explicit orders' asking the driver to yield the position.

The final decision was clear: 'The stewards - having learned about the radio exchanges and the media interview - felt strongly that they had been misled by the driver and his team manager, which led to Jarno Trulli being unfairly penalised and Lewis Hamilton gaining third place.'

May 22, 2007
    In the first qualifying session Ferrari didn't put out either of our drivers to play it safe and it ended up in Felipe getting eliminated in 16th. 0.9s separated the top 15, and it was clear we have the pace (Kimi is now in the final qualifying session).

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Great to see Mercedes back at the tip top.

Ferrari are making a pig's ear of it this year.
    Car racing: only marginaly more interesting than watching paint dry.
    It's great to see what stuff you are interested in. Have you been watching paint dry lately? what colours appeal to you most? Are you more of an outdoor paint fan or indoor paint fan?

Sep 1, 2002
    It's great to see what stuff you are interested in. Have you been watching paint dry lately? what colours appeal to you most? Are you more of an outdoor paint fan or indoor paint fan?
    You can be so bitchy sometimes.

HeeHaw

The qualifying and the first lap can be the most exciting.

Then it becomes rather like watching paint dry.
    I prefer tarten paint, myself.

OP
    Cronios

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #118
    Qualifying

Pos. Driver Team Time
    1 J. Button Brawn GP 1:35.181
    2 J. Trulli Toyota 1:35.273
    3 S. Vettel Red Bull 1:35.518
    4 R. Barrichello Brawn GP 1:35.651
    5 T. Glock Toyota 1:35.690
    6 N. Rosberg Williams 1:35.750
    7 M. Webber Red Bull 1:35.797
    8 R. Kubica BMW 1:36.106
    9 K. Räikkönen Ferrari 1:36.170
    10 F. Alonso Renault 1:37.659

11 N. Heidfeld BMW 1:34.769
    12 K. Nakajima Williams 1:34.788
    13 L. Hamilton McLaren 1:34.905
    14 H. Kovalainen McLaren 1:34.924
    15 S. Bourdais Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:35.431

16 F. Massa Ferrari 1:35.642
    17 N. Piquet jr. Renault 1:35.708
    18 G. Fisichella Force India F1 1:35.908
    19 A. Sutil Force India F1 1:35.951
    20 S. Buemi Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:36.107

Ferrari is a second bellow the pole time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)