Football Manager 5 (merge) (6 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by BAH_Bianconero ] ++
guys, a good, cheap defensive lefback is found in the name of diego placente.. at the beginning of the game (and I DO mean the beginning.. a month into the transfer window, and you'll have newcastle bidding 15 mill for him) you can get him for around 1.5 million.. he isn't bad..
For your information, Diego Placente is a worldwide known player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm having a go with Atletico Madrid atm and they have a pretty good squad. No real big names apart from Fernando Torres but Ariel Ibagaza, Alvaro Novo, Kiki Musampa and Salva are all very good players. I only signed two players; Igor Biscan (2m) and Carlos Tevez (11m). Though his stats suggest otherwise Luis Perea is a good defender, and then there's Pablo Ibanez. I'm spoilt for choice as far as the defensive midfield position is concerned with Diego Simeone, Marcelo Sosa, Gonzalo Colsa and Peter Luccin all capable of starting.

I had to win the Intertoto Cup (Euro Vase) to qualify for the Uefa Cup and I won all of my games. Actually I didn't concede a goal until the second leg of the final against Nice.

I'm going to rotate Salva and Tevez upfront as Salva had a superb pre-season while Tevez was at the Olympics with Argentina. He's played two games for me, scoring three goals and setting up one. Torres is amazing, he has nine goals and seven assists in seven games. The tricky thing is that I'm only allowed to have 3 non EU players in my squad for La Liga games so I can't have Perea, Biscan, Sosa, Paunovic and Tevez in the team at the same time.

My starting XI:

Leo Franco

Velasco - Biscan - Pablo - Sergi

Colsa/Sosa

Novo - Ibagaza - Musampa

Torres - Tevez/Salva

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
praise them from time to time and play them a lot.
I did that after you told me but the players still think I don't appreciate them. The media even said that I praised my players too much.

Any other suggestions?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I just beat some team 10-0 away from home in the Uefa Cup with Atletico Madrid.

Torres is brilliant. In 9 games he has 9 goals, 10 assists, 5 MoM and an average rating of 9.11. He has now played five 10s in a row.

Next up is Barcelona in the Nou Camp.

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
btw,do you know how to make the all my strikers play together?

cause i have 4 fantasic strikers(Tevez, Torres, Robinho, Gudjohnson)and if i do not play one of them,they would become unhappy

THANKS

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I've been fixing up a new 4-4-2 diamond tactic and it's working wonders in my Atletico Madrid game. In the league I've played six games, won all six, scored 28 and conceded only 3. I beat Barcelona 4-0 in the Nou Camp and then thrashed Sevilla 7-1 at home. My team also had a 100% record in the Intertoto Cup and we won our first round tie in the Uefa Cup 11-0 on aggregate.

Tevez has 14 goals in 8 games and Torres has 17 in 14. The entire team is playing wonderfully well actually.

Geof

May 14, 2004
at the end of the first Juve season I buy these lads on a free:
Cafu
Dédé
Van Bommel
De Sanctis
Crespo

Riquelme: 11Mill€
Jankulovski 7.5Mill ( I sold Zambrotta to Real: 45Mill =)

I'll trie to sign De Jong or Hofland.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

Ok, sorry. My bad.
Don't worry about it.. ;)

++ [ originally posted by Qaterminator ] ++
btw,do you know how to make the all my strikers play together?

cause i have 4 fantasic strikers(Tevez, Torres, Robinho, Gudjohnson)and if i do not play one of them,they would become unhappy

THANKS
Try playing a 4312 or any other tactic which has a player behind two strikers.. put tevez behind them (since he's FC) and the other two strikers up front, one striker on the bench.. alternatively, you could play with a straight 4-3-3, with the striker with the best passing in the middle, between the other two strikers, with an arrow pointing down, and a lot of creative freedom.. he'll score a lot and provide wonderful assists! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)