Football Manager 5 (merge) (23 Viewers)

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by madlawyer1 ] ++
hey, guys, do you know of anyway to improve your strikers' scoring abilities? i've tried just about everything, and the fu(kin bastards keep missing sitters. it's really frustrating.
do you have the new patch? cuz si really tweaked the finishing on the new ones.. other than that, try getting better strikers :D .. or try the attack training regime and assign a lot of finishing training or stuff.. might work..

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
Hmmmm........., questionable.

the way it works. the total number of non- eu players in the league stays the same but the team that bought the player first loses one of their spots which is added to your team.

lets say livorno has four spots 3 of which are free and juve has 4 spots all of them taken.

livorno buys a non- eu (2 free spots) and then they sell it to juve. now livorno is left with 3 spots in total (2 free) while juve has 5 (all taken)

does that make any sense

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,127
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++

Ok, I got that part, but how does that not make them foreign?

when you buy a non eu player from an italian club you get an extra spot.

Apr 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

the way it works. the total number of non- eu players in the league stays the same but the team that bought the player first loses one of their spots which is added to your team.

lets say livorno has four spots 3 of which are free and juve has 4 spots all of them taken.

livorno buys a non- eu (2 free spots) and then they sell it to juve. now livorno is left with 3 spots in total (2 free) while juve has 5 (all taken)

does that make any sense
    Yea it does.

Andy, go eat something, you are just pissed that I hate most Catholics.

Feb 26, 2005
    bianconero, where can i get the new patch? by the way, my strikers are Henry, Tevez, Nihat, van Nistelrooy, Cavenaghi, Robinho, Reyes, Pazzini, and some young Russian named Kerhakov. Behind these guys I have Ronaldinho and Pablo Aimar. None of these bums has finishing below 18. So you can understand my frustration. I'll try the training thing though, and see if it works.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,131
    Is it just me or do you have too many strikers?

Anyways, I've just started a new game with Juve in the 5.0.5 version, and I'm not buying anyone in the first season for realism's sake. It's unbeliavable how little depth we have, I only have 23 players at my disposal.

Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Is it just me or do you have too many strikers?

Anyways, I've just started a new game with Juve in the 5.0.5 version, and I'm not buying anyone in the first season for realism's sake. It's unbeliavable how little depth we have, I only have 23 players at my disposal.
    Don't make the same mistake Juve management did this season!! Sell trezeguet, and buy a better dribbling target man! (gilardino, luis fabiano comes at <10m pounds).. Keep kapo as he's very good, and outshines nedved in most of my games..

believe me you won't get far with the players you got in the first season.. If you do, you must be amazing..

@madlawyer: www.sigames.com/fm/

look for it there..

Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    i didnt buy anyone in the first year and i won the double. its not that hard, cause del piero, nedved, kapo and camoranesi were all amazing.
    really? They didn't seem to work for me... camoranesi kapo and nedved were ok, but dp really seemd to be slow, and couldn't score.. maybe it's just me then.. but really trez doesn't do much does he..?

i must really suck.. :p

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,135
    ++ [ originally posted by BAH_Bianconero ] ++

Don't make the same mistake Juve management did this season!! Sell trezeguet, and buy a better dribbling target man! (gilardino, luis fabiano comes at <10m pounds).. Keep kapo as he's very good, and outshines nedved in most of my games..

believe me you won't get far with the players you got in the first season.. If you do, you must be amazing..

@madlawyer: www.sigames.com/fm/

look for it there..

No, I wont buy anyone in the first season, but I have big plans for the msecond one. I've already arranged the transfers of Tevez, Sneijder and Van der Vaart. I plan to sell Del Piero and Trezeguet and play Zlatan and Tevez up front, or Zlatan and Fernando Torres, if I manage to get him, with Tevez behind. I'll also go for Gerrard and Terry. Sell Zambrotta and replace him with Evra, maybe even sell Buffon and replace him with Reina or Frey.

BTW, how is Chiellini in 5.0.5? Is Kapo still as good as in the previous versions? If he is, then there's no need to replace him. In my previous games he would always be the leagues best player and the player with most assists.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,137
    It does in the last one, because the data was updated for players. Thats why Bierofka isnt as good in 5.0.5, and Baptista is an AM/F C, Mutu is in Juve from the start of the game, Tudor and Legro are loaned out at the start of the game, etc. The 5.0.5 has a data update.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,139
    That's true for random ability players, but some players, better know ones, have fixed abilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)