Football Manager 5 (merge) (16 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
In my Liverpool game I'm 3rd in the EPL and 2nd to Barcelona in my CL group. I haven't played an FA Cup game yet but we knocked Arsenal out of the League Cup quite convincingly (3-0). Kewell has been amazing on the left flank and Gerrard and Xabi Alonso inspirational in the centre of midfield. I got Crespo for 3.7m and he has five goals in as many starts. This is the team:

Dudek
Carragher Kompany Hyypia Riise
Bierofka Gerrard Alonso Kewell
Cisse Crespo

Kirkland
Josemi Biscan CB Traore
Partridge Nunez Hamann Garcia
Baros Sinama-Pongolle

Smicer, Mellor.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 28, 2002
started the game with monaco. bought bierofka, and few unknown players from minor teams who according to fm scout have great potential, also bought romanian 18 yr old striker, dont remember his name, from shakhtar donetsk, supposed to be very good. tevez and robinho went to other teams because i didnt have an extra non eu spot and they didnt want to wait for one more year to be transferred. oh yeah, also bought kompany, who surprisingly has been my best defender so far.

so far second 3 league games played, 2 wins and a draw. qualification to cl was quite frustrating, as i drew the first game away to an irish team, but then won 5-1 at home. now im in group with milan and two weaker teams, dont remerber what, might be psv, not sure.

my best players so far are saviola and kompany and kallon, wanted to sell him at first to free a non eu spot, no one took him adn luckily so, my best midfielder now, with bierofka not far behind.

and the best for the last, evra is out injured for 7 months with broken leg without even playing a single official game. el fakiri will habve to play a lot and he sucks :doh:
would buy someone to cover for that loss but only 500k pounds in the bank. not much huh?

Jan 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
started the game with monaco. bought bierofka, and few unknown players from minor teams who according to fm scout have great potential, also bought romanian 18 yr old striker, dont remember his name, from shakhtar donetsk, supposed to be very good. tevez and robinho went to other teams because i didnt have an extra non eu spot and they didnt want to wait for one more year to be transferred. oh yeah, also bought kompany, who surprisingly has been my best defender so far.

so far second 3 league games played, 2 wins and a draw. qualification to cl was quite frustrating, as i drew the first game away to an irish team, but then won 5-1 at home. now im in group with milan and two weaker teams, dont remerber what, might be psv, not sure.

my best players so far are saviola and kompany and kallon, wanted to sell him at first to free a non eu spot, no one took him adn luckily so, my best midfielder now, with bierofka not far behind.

and the best for the last, evra is out injured for 7 months with broken leg without even playing a single official game. el fakiri will habve to play a lot and he sucks :doh:
would buy someone to cover for that loss but only 500k pounds in the bank. not much huh?

you should try an loan somebody

Geof

May 14, 2004
lol,

in my last match I did the subs a bit too fast and entered Chimenti as RB (I wanted to play Vanden Borre for Zebina, but...). So our veteran gk played as a RB for 20'.... and guess what: he scored :wallbang:

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++
lol,

in my last match I did the subs a bit too fast and entered Chimenti as RB (I wanted to play Vanden Borre for Zebina, but...). So our veteran gk played as a RB for 20'.... and guess what: he scored :wallbang:
LOL :D

Seriously? Header or PK or what?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
In my fist season I won the treble.
With Bayern? If so what kind of a season did Schweinsteiger have? I'm considering getting him for my Liverpool team as Luis Garcia isn't playing well on the right and Bierofka is better on the left.

I got Lukas Podolski in my Udinese game and he has two goals in two games. My current Udinese team is:

De Sanctis/Van der Sar
Bonera Stam Montero Dede
Santana Mascherano Pisculichi Bierofka
Pazzini Podolski

De Sanctis/Van der Sar
Belleri Bertotto Sensini Felipe
Alberto Pinzi Pazienza Di Michele
Fava Goitom

I also have Mark van Bommel but he's out for 6 months.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
I just bought FM05 last week. Unfortunately, studying for exams, so can't get into it properly yet, but it seems bloody good.

How do people find not being able to compair players as easily in this version?

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

With Bayern? If so what kind of a season did Schweinsteiger have? I'm considering getting him for my Liverpool team as Luis Garcia isn't playing well on the right and Bierofka is better on the left.

I got Lukas Podolski in my Udinese game and he has two goals in two games. My current Udinese team is:
Dude, Schweinsteiger is the man, he is getting ready to take over for Ballack. Get him early, it is only my second season, and he is already worth 23.5M Euros.

EVERYBODY: If you want a hardcore lockdown left back get the Werder Bremen youngster Christian Shultz.

He is the shiznit, he only lacks the ability to attack, but he is lockdown on the left side.

Also, if you want some cheat goals and playmaking, get Freddy Adu, he only cost me 1M, plus he had 15 goals and 8 assists last season in the league, as a 16 year old on 17 apps.

Also, Michael Rensing is a 20 yr old GK for Bayern you may want to look into.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
You can compare players easily!
Not like before though - you don't get told that X is two stars better a striker than Y, just about fifty stats to compair individually. I can see how that's much more realistic, but it's much harder!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Dude, Schweinsteiger is the man, he is getting ready to take over for Ballack. Get him early, it is only my second season, and he is already worth 23.5M Euros.

EVERYBODY: If you want a hardcore lockdown left back get the Werder Bremen youngster Christian Shultz.

He is the shiznit, he only lacks the ability to attack, but he is lockdown on the left side.

Also, if you want some cheat goals and playmaking, get Freddy Adu, he only cost me 1M, plus he had 15 goals and 8 assists last season in the league, as a 16 year old on 17 apps.

Thanks. I'm going to try to get Schweinsteiger for my Liverpool team and I may have a look at the left back guy as well seeing as my only alternative to Riise is Djimi Traore.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

I couldn't find this guy. I guess i have to choose the German league in order to see him.

He's got good stats, But he's nothing special. Good back-up, But he complains for first team.

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
I bought Rensing for a few £m. Gave him a start in a friendly and he rolled the ball out to one of their strikers and conceded the goal. He kind of ruined the season for himself as I was afraid to play him in important games in case he did that again.

Mar 6, 2005
guys, a good, cheap defensive lefback is found in the name of diego placente.. at the beginning of the game (and I DO mean the beginning.. a month into the transfer window, and you'll have newcastle bidding 15 mill for him) you can get him for around 1.5 million.. he isn't bad..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)