Football Manager 5 (merge) (17 Viewers)

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I've always been a fan of the CM (now FM) series, but the latest that got me addicted was 01/02. CM 4 was disappointing and FM 5 just doesn't have the CM feel, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, in my latest 01/02 game I'm playing Palermo in an update, having bought fantastic players such as Lukas Podolski for £6, Squillaci for £7, Parisi for £4 and a whole lot of free players, I've built up quite a team. Winning the CL once, the UEFA cup once, the league twice and the cup twice. I've just started season 06/07. My lineup:

GK - Parisi
DC - Rivalta (Extremely reliable)
DC - Squillaci
DML - Taddei
DMR - Joaquim Sousa (Portuguese super talent)
DMC - Innocêncio (Brasilian super talent)
MC - Donati (C)
MC - Florillo
MC - da Silva
AMC - Jimmy Briand
FC - Lukas Podolski

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Julio? 30 mil €. Mascherano is only 9 tho. And yes, I am a sick man, I have 30 players :D
So would you splash the cash on Baptista or go for Mascherano?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I just beat Milan in Serie A, we're 7th with two games in hand but we're going to have to be more consistent if we want to qualify for the CL next season. Leverkusen are my opponents in the first knockout round of the Uefa Cup and I'm out of the Coppa Italia.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,046
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

So would you splash the cash on Baptista or go for Mascherano?

WQell, Baptista is the better option obviously, much better in attack, can easily score 15 or more goals a season, but if you dont have the money Mascjerano is not a bad choice, altho hes nowhere as good in offense, but he's better in defense. I've even played him as a centre back a few times.

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
    I never splash cash to buy players, 10M+ for a single player is max for me. It gives me certain satisfaction to built a team of cheap and unknown players that win things. ;p

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

WQell, Baptista is the better option obviously, much better in attack, can easily score 15 or more goals a season, but if you dont have the money Mascjerano is not a bad choice, altho hes nowhere as good in offense, but he's better in defense. I've even played him as a centre back a few times.
    I decided to go for Mascherano. I had bids for Baptista rejected but may make a fresh one in the summer when I have more money to spend.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,049
    I'm in january of my third season and I just lost Torres for 8 months, which means he'll be out till October. I thought about byuing Kuranyi, but decided against it as I have enough players. I have Zlatan, Delgado, Cavenaghi, Sardo and Pasini, so I think I'll manage. Anyways, he's scored just 5 times in 10-ish matches anyways, most of my goals come from midfield anyways.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I'm getting Juninho on a free at the end of the season and I'm trying to sign Lahm and Podolski now (I'm in January and their contracts are unprotected).

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

I noticed Lukas Podolski as well. He's got very good stats, but unfortunatly i was late, and ManU already had him.

I decided to quit with Parma at the end of the season because of all the crap i was getting from chairman by putting me in debt position for 3 times, but this time, not only i was in debt, but also the club decided to terminate Blondel's contract to save money from his wages. That was the final straw for me, and decided to quit at the moment (february).

So i decided to join another team. While i was looking for new jobs, i noticed Fiorentina's manager's job was "not safe". So i declared that i was intrested in coaching them. Then they sacked thier manger right away and approched me. :D

Since it was February when i joined them, i couldnt add any new players to the team. I had 2 crapy 18 years old goalkeepers, which was pain is the neck. Goals were getting past my team like crazy. Somehow i avioded relegation till the last day of the season. If it wasnt for Alvarez, i would have been in seria B. He's an excellent forward partnering with Youla, who also scored some crucial goals.

In the summer i bought many young players, most of them are unknown. and few others. Started the season 2011/12 very well. After playing 12 games, i'm in 5th place in Seria A, 5 points below the leaders. I dont think i have enough quality to win the league, but definitly aiming to give a go for a Champions League Spot.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
    How do you find out which players you can get on free transfers?

Also, how does one get a lot of money?
    To look for free players, go to search-->players-->view them by thier contracts from the view option on top. You could see all the players expiry dates.

To make money you simply need to start winning something, qualifying for champions league, and selling players.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Edmundo
    Esposito Ricadinho Di Natale
    Mauri
    Zenoni
    Felipe Alceu Köldrup C. Andersson
    De Sanctis

Edmundo
    Iaquinta
    A. Andersson

Esposito
    Mauri
    Di Michelle
    Di Natale
    Ricardinho
    Zenoni
    Muntari
    Goitom

C. Andersson
    Felipe
    Alceu
    Köldrup
    Bertotto

De Sanctis
    Handonovic

+ some GREAT youngsters ive signed. (about the same age as Adu and just about as great. Ill show ya later)

Results SerieA:
    Parma 0-0
    Roma 0-1
    Milan 2-0
    Lecce 3-1
    Reggina 2-0
    Sampdoria 0-2
    Bologna 6-0

+ 2/2 wins in UEFAcup

Just started a new game! Works great.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I've started a game with Liverpool. Don't really feel the need to make a lot of purchases so I just got Bierofka to add depth to the midfield as I don't have a lot of wide options. Sold Stevie Finnan and got Kompany. One more signing and I reckon my squad will be complete, I'm looking for a striker. Tevez is on the top of my wish list but if I can't afford him I'll go for Crespo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)