Football Manager 5 (merge) (4 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I've started my second season with Udinese and we're doing well. We're 4th in Serie A after 6 games and we beat Lokomotivi Tblisi 9-0 on aggregate in the Uefa Cup. Bierofka is having another wonderful season averaging over 8.50 per match. Pazzini and Fava have five goals each and new signing Leonardo Pisculichi is contributing too. The team looks like this:

De Sanctis/Van der Sar
Bonera (Belleri) Stam (Bertotto) Montero (Cribari) Dede (Felipe)
Santana (Alberto) Van Bommel (Pinzi) Pisculichi (Pazienza) Bierofka (Di Michele)
Fava (Sardo) Pazzini (Goitom)

Sensini and Mauri are also in the squad.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

After downloading 5.0.5 patch version, i thought theyf fixed the problem with the chairman wanting "big names". This time it didnt happen during the summer time transfer, instead in the January time. The chairman got me Peter Cech for 77m Euros, and Coloccini for 55m Euros. Now i'm in debt again. I'm sick of this bs. I'm gonna finish this season with Parma, and then quit, and join another team from the same game.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
First season with Udine:

Lineup:
De Sanctis
Jankulovski Kröldrup Alceu Felipe
Zenoni Pinzi
Mauri Tevez Di-Michele
Iaquinta

Gutierrez
Nomvethe
Petter Andersson
Pazienzia
Christoffer Andersson
Bertotto
Handanovic

The fans and the players are so pist at me. :D

Mar 14, 2004
One question chaps.......

in 4-4-2 system....how to make fullbacks run foward and make crosses? Ive put them all to attacking,crossing,run with ball,wide,trough the flanks.....and all. They simply don't feel that they need go foward,even if the space is wide opened.....it's annoying.....here is the pitch:

And one more thing....in 5.0.3 patch.....why the "distribution" button in players ordered is greyed and unavailable?

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
One question chaps.......

in 4-4-2 system....how to make fullbacks run foward and make crosses? Ive put them all to attacking,crossing,run with ball,wide,trough the flanks.....and all. They simply don't feel that they need go foward,even if the space is wide opened.....it's annoying..
Make the fullbacks' runs overlap the wingers'.. that usually pushes them forward for me, but I warn you, it leaves gaps and can be a b1tch in counter attacks..

And one more thing....in 5.0.3 patch.....why the "distribution" button in players ordered is greyed and unavailable?
that's because distribution is for GKs only, no..?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,029
    Make them overlap the wingers, works quite well for me, but you're left very exposed to counter attacks.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Källström :lick:

btw have you guys noticed the great players that appears when you chose for example a Swedish team, go to player search and press "ask assistant to filter out impossibles(or whatever it says)". The guys at the top are pure class.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,033
    They sacked him. And no.

Anyways, I think I might cancel the deal, I'm already too well covered in that area. I have Ronaldinho, Hleb, van der Vaart, Kranjčar, Romagnoli and Hugo Viana. 6 players for 2 spots.

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004
    Sweat!

So you brought Ronaldinho to Udinese? That answers alot of things ive though about. I can never stand playing in a mediocre team for to long since I can't get the big names, now i got some motivation. :lick:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Anyways, I think I might cancel the deal, I'm already too well covered in that area. I have Ronaldinho, Hleb, van der Vaart, Kranjčar, Romagnoli and Hugo Viana. 6 players for 2 spots.
    You're a sick man. Btw, how much did Julio Baptista cost you? Van Bommel is out for 8 months so I'm looking to bring in a defensive midfielder in January..

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
    Anyone here bought flachi..? I swear the best damn transfer I ever got.. leads the serie a with 24 goals in 22 games.. Him and DP make the best strike partnership, and Sneijder as a playmaker AM..

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,037
    ++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
    Sweat!

So you brought Ronaldinho to Udinese? That answers alot of things ive though about. I can never stand playing in a mediocre team for to long since I can't get the big names, now i got some motivation. :lick:
    Yeah, especially since I won the Serie A before that. In the first season I had a bit of a problem luring big name players to me, I couldnt get Tevez and Robinho (they opted for Juventus and Bologna respectivly), and I barely managed to buy Sneijder and Squilacci. But, after finishing 4th in my 1st season and winning the league in the second it's no problem. YOu just have to watch the wage structure.

++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

You're a sick man. Btw, how much did Julio Baptista cost you? Van Bommel is out for 8 months so I'm looking to bring in a defensive midfielder in January..

Julio? 30 mil €. Mascherano is only 9 tho. And yes, I am a sick man, I have 30 players :D

Some of them rarely play tho, like Gavilan, Grosso and Barbarez.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,039
    Yeah. He's there as a vackup. I his first season he played quite a bit, but now that I have Ronaldinho and Kranjčar has hit fantastic form, he's there purely as a backup, especially as he can also play in attack.

Apr 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Yeah. He's there as a vackup. I his first season he played quite a bit, but now that I have Ronaldinho and Kranjčar has hit fantastic form, he's there purely as a backup, especially as he can also play in attack.
    Kranjčar is the man, I saw a video on him and how he traded to the team rival and his father is the NT Coach, that is sick. I hope he does well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)