Football Manager 5 (merge) (127 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Won the league again :yawn:, and got knocked out by Juve from CL on away goals. I'm gonna splash on Blondel (Belgian), currently in Liverpool, his stats are unbelievebly magnificint.

Anyone used Montolivo in FM?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Van der Sar, Dede, Van Bommel and Santana are joining my Udinese on frees at the end of the season. Roma knocked me out of the Coppa Italia in the quarter finals and I'm currently 7th in the league. Jankulovski is attracting the interest of a lot of big clubs including Man Utd and is having a stellar season. Daniel Bierofka continues to be my best player and leads the league in assists and average rating. Qualifying for the Champions League is going to be a big ask but we'll see what happens.

ADP24it

Feb 28, 2005
Daniel Bierofka is a fantastic player....he created so many goals for me. I signed a player called Conal Platt....he's a youngster and pretty good. I realized that most of the teams have new young players being promoted to their club but I don't find any in mine....how to get players promoted to your youth team? :confused:

ADP24it

Feb 28, 2005
I signed some players which I think are pretty good....some are free

Ariel Ortega (free) - he scores 9 goals & created 3 in just 13 appearances.
Alberto Gilardino (free) - 7 goals, created 3 in 10 appearances

Good young players
Cristiano Ronaldo
Jonathan Spector
Van Borre
Eddie Gaven
Freddy Adu
Oskitz
Conal Platt (I signed him as a 16 year old so he didn't cost much and it goes the same for Abbiati & Da Ros)
Mattia Abbiati
Enrico Da Ros

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm in February in 2005 with Udinese and this is my current squad:

GK - De Sanctis, Bonaiuti

DF - Belleri, Bertotto, Sensini, Kroldrup, Cribari, Montero, Felipe, Jankulovski

MF - Pinzi, Pazienza, Muntari, Mauri, Pizarro, Alberto, Bierofka, Di Natale

FO - Iaquinta, Fava, Di Michele, Sardo, Goitom

Obviously the team is going to change drastically over the summer. Jankulovski and Pizarro have both been very good but will be sold. Keeping them for one season was a good idea imo because their values have increased considerably and they've been pivotal on the pitch as well. With the likes of Juve, Man Utd and Newcastle interested I can now sell for a good price and not spend a dime on replacements: Dede and Van Bommel are joining on free transfers.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

About the non-EU problem - I just got Masherano from River for free. Basically, you can get as many non-EU players as long as they are not tied to a contract, i.e. free players.

My current squad:

GK - Frey, Iker, Rensing

DF - Vanden Borre, Adriano, Alex, Kompany, Owens, Jankoluvski, Bouma, Zonneveld.

MD - Joaquin, Downing, Baptista, Blondel, Diego, Kallstrom, Victor, Macherano, Guarin.

FW - Adriano, Torres, Gilardino, Pazzini, Pharotta.

Funny thing about the game is that when i play Inter every time, most of the players that they have, were bought from my team. Around 10-14 players, and they still havent won anything :D

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I CAN'T EDIT THE SERVED DB WITH THE NEW PATCH!!!

Gah this bugs me like hell. I HAVE to make Rooney suck, because knowing he will always be the second best if not the best striker in the game makes me puke. One day if I want to buy the best striker in the game... I don't want to buy Wayne fvcking Rooney...

Are there another way?

ps: Don't give me the "its just a name"-shit because my mind doesn't seem to care. :(

ADP24it

Feb 28, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

About the non-EU problem - I just got Masherano from River for free. Basically, you can get as many non-EU players as long as they are not tied to a contract, i.e. free players.

My current squad:

GK - Frey, Iker, Rensing

DF - Vanden Borre, Adriano, Alex, Kompany, Owens, Jankoluvski, Bouma, Zonneveld.

MD - Joaquin, Downing, Baptista, Blondel, Diego, Kallstrom, Victor, Macherano, Guarin.

Funny thing about the game is that when i play Inter every time, most of the players that they have, were bought from my team. Around 10-14 players, and they still havent won anything :D

Will Baptista comes as a free player? Because of the non-EU thing...I can only signing non-EU player on free....I see that Baptista is a very good one...but in my game, he is still attached to his club & I cant sign him at all...I signed Veron though :D

ADP24it

Feb 28, 2005
anyone here managing a Serie A team and buying David Healy? Because I used to use an EPL team and bought him. He scored lot of goals for me so I was wondering if anyone try signing him to Serie A and if he's good in Serie A too? I'm thinking of trying but just wanna see if anyone try it before...hihiiiiiiiii :D

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ADP24it ] ++

Will Baptista comes as a free player? Because of the non-EU thing...I can only signing non-EU player on free....I see that Baptista is a very good one...but in my game, he is still attached to his club & I cant sign him at all...I signed Veron though :D
I got Baptista for free, but that doesnt mean you will get him for free as well. The game data works randomly. There is another way for you to get him. Buy some non-EU player from Italy, make sure he doesnt have a spanish or Italian nationality. Then sell him to some club outside Italy. Then you can buy Baptista.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

My current squad:

GK - Frey, Iker, Rensing

How good has Kallstrom been for you and how much did he cost? How much did you pay for Pazzini?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I just finished my first season in charge of Udinese and what a season it was. I'm slightly disappointed to have finished 7th in Serie A and our inconsistency frustrated me. We were brilliant on occasion and managed to hold Juve and Milan to draws and beat Inter but dropped points when we really should have got wins against smaller teams. Juve and Milan finished the season tied on points and Juve went on to win the playoff. They also won the CL, beating Chelsea 3-0 in the final. I made it to the quarter finals in the Coppa where I lost to eventual winners Roma. So far my season must sound really average but it was in the Uefa Cup that my team really showed class.

We were the only team in the competition to win all of our group games and we took care of Austria Vienna quite comfortably in the first knockout round. We beat Steaua in the round of 16 and were drawn against Man United in the quarters. I thought that it was the end of the road for us but we managed to beat the Red Devils 1-0 in the first leg which was played in Italy. They took the lead within 15 minutes at Old Trafford but had Wes Brown sent off a few minutes later. Their one goal lead lasted for the 90 minutes so the tie went to extra time where it would be decided. The weirdest thing I've ever seen in Football Manager 2005 occured in the second period of extra time. 120 minutes of football had been played so I was expecting the whistle to be blown and the game to go to penalties but no, the ref refused to call time on the game. 130 minutes in and still no whistle. 135 minutes in and still the match went on. With 137 minutes on the clock the unthinkable happened, John O'Shea gave Man Utd the lead on aggregate. I was fuming angry, the match should have ended 17 minutes ago!!!! We were definitely out I thought, but nope, more drama. Antonio Di Natale who was only on the pitch because of injuries to Di Michele and Bierofka scored after 139 minutes of football!!! Finally the full time whistle!!! We were through to the semi finals on away goals!!! For some reason the referee had played almost 20 minutes of stoppage time!!!!!!

Up next: PSV. The first leg was played in Eindhoven and we took the lead through Dino Fava. PSV were the better team on the night though and stormed back to take the leg 3-1. Dino Fava was again on target in the second leg but 1-0 wasn't going to be enough. De Sanctis was amazing in goal and denied the opposition an away goal. We were rewarded on 83 minutes as Per Kroldrup rose to head home Jankulovski's corner. We had won on away goals yet again. The CL final was Italy v England in the shape of Juve v Chelsea and it was a similar scenario for the Uefa Cup. Newcastle were the opposition and the favourites going into the match. I didn't think we could match them in attack so I opted to play counter attacking football. 5-4-1 was the system and again De Sanctis was in great form. Dino Fava opened the scoring early on and we held on to beat Newcastle 1-0 to win the Uefa Cup!!!!!

My best player this season was Daniel Bierofka. Iaquinta was my topscorer and Bierofka created the most goals. Pizarro is going to Milan for 12m and Van der Sar, Dede, Van Bommel and Santana are joining on frees. I'm going to try to get about 15m for Jankulovski. Kroldrup and Iaquinta want to leave so I'll be looking for a centre back or two and a striker. I'd like to get two of Bonera, Mexes and Chivu if possible. I also want an AM. Kallstrom, Pisculichi and Juninho are on my shortlist. I'm planning to make a bid for Pazzini or Gilardino.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

How good has Kallstrom been for you and how much did he cost? How much did you pay for Pazzini?
Well i got Kallstrom for free, but he shouldn't cost you more than 10m Euros, that is if he's still at Rennes(sp?). He is very good, and scores screamers that no one else ever has for me, from long distances, also a very good free-kick taker. When i first got him, i was using him as a sub, which i still do, but i play him more regularly because he always produces when i need. Stewart Downing is my best midfielder.

As for Pazzini, i got him for free too :D. I wanted to sell him, because my club was in debt, but i didnt any high offers for him, so i decided to sell Robinho(was fantastic) to Real for 65m Euros, whom i also got for free :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Kallstrom is indeed still at Rennes but I think I'd rather give Pisculichi a try. He'll probably cost less, he's younger, versatile and has great stats. I would go for Downing but I already have a number of players who can play on the left including Bierofka, Di Michele, Dede, Santana and Di Natale. Pisculichi can also play there.

Iaquinta is on his way out so I need a striker that can bag 20+ goals a season. Torres is too expensive so I'm thinking Pazzini or Gilardino. Robinho is a possibility as well. Any suggestions?

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Pisculichi's stats indeed look good, but i've never used him before. I managed Udinese when i first got the game. I'd suggets you to sell Di Natale as he's on form, otherwise no one will buy him, and he gets crapier every year. Di Michele is better than Di Natale, but again, You'd better sell him for the same reason. Try to look for Yankov, he's free at the begining of the game and is 19/20 years of age. His stats might not look good, but it keeps on getting better as years pass by, though i never had the chance to get him.

As for strikers, Gila and Pazzini wont come cheap as well. definitly above 10m. Try Ceasar Delgado, Dagoberto, Zidan, Karimi, olic. Check the columbian team, they have good players, cant remember thier names.

ADP24it

Feb 28, 2005

I got Baptista for free, but that doesnt mean you will get him for free as well. The game data works randomly. There is another way for you to get him. Buy some non-EU player from Italy, make sure he doesnt have a spanish or Italian nationality. Then sell him to some club outside Italy. Then you can buy Baptista.
Hihiiii...thanks...Now I will try signing the non-EU players from Italy then sell it off....so it means I can sign Baptista even if it still attached to a club. It wont say I cant sign any Non-Eu players right?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

Pisculichi's stats indeed look good, but i've never used him before. I managed Udinese when i first got the game. I'd suggets you to sell Di Natale as he's on form, otherwise no one will buy him, and he gets crapier every year. Di Michele is better than Di Natale, but again, You'd better sell him for the same reason. Try to look for Yankov, he's free at the begining of the game and is 19/20 years of age. His stats might not look good, but it keeps on getting better as years pass by, though i never had the chance to get him.

As for strikers, Gila and Pazzini wont come cheap as well. definitly above 10m. Try Ceasar Delgado, Dagoberto, Zidan, Karimi, olic. Check the columbian team, they have good players, cant remember thier names.
Yeah, Di Natale is going to leave as long as someone wants him. He had an ok first season and his form in the latter stages of it was good but in truth he's very average. Di Michele served me pretty well mainly because of his ability to play a number of different positions. He can play on the right, the left or upfront so I might keep him as a back up player. Bierofka will start on the left side of midfield while Santana, Alberto and Di Michele will compete for the right midfield role. I want to have five central midfielders; Pinzi, Pazienza/Muntari, Van Bommel, Pisculichi and someone else. Who do you think I should keep, Michele Pazienza or Sulley Ali Muntari?

I don't think money is going to be much of a problem as Milan have agreed to sign David Pizarro for 12m, Jankulovski is going to leave for about 15m, Kroldrup and Iaquinta are transfer listed by request so I'll get some money from their sales too, Di Natale is probably leaving, Goitom might leave as well. I was trying to get Cesar Delgado last season but he signed for someone else. I've been monitoring Mohamed Zidan. I really want Gilardino, Pazzini or Robinho. I'll try to co-own one of them if necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 123)