Football Manager 5 (merge) (15 Viewers)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #962
    Damn, that is harsh :frown:

If you were playing 5.0.2 you could have tried what I said.

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
    That was harsh, but that Mosquiera guy isn't very good in my game.

Btw, who is this Sardi everyone is talking about? There's no great player named Sardo in my game. What's his full name?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Perhaps it is because of the different versions of the game we may be playing? I don't know about you guys but I haven't downloaded any of the patches and my Sardo is different too. As opposed to being a SC he's a FC in my game and he has 16s in finishing, dribbling, crossing, etc for me whereas he has 19s and 20s for Zlatan.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Atm I'm in 9th place in Serie A with Udinese having played 10 games, 4 of which I won, 1 draw and 5 losses. Fiorentina beat me 4-2, I bounced back to beat Livorno 3-1 but then lost 4-0 to Juve. A 4-2 away win over Stabaek in the Uefa Cup group stage followed and Roma just managed to edge me 2-1 in a close encounter. Inter beat me 3-0 and I drew 2-2 with Parma which was disappointing.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #973
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Perhaps it is because of the different versions of the game we may be playing? I don't know about you guys but I haven't downloaded any of the patches and my Sardo is different too. As opposed to being a SC he's a FC in my game and he has 16s in finishing, dribbling, crossing, etc for me whereas he has 19s and 20s for Zlatan.

It's beacause some players have random abilities in the game, especially young, unknown players who have talent, but arent guaranted success, opposed to already wll known talents who have pre set abilities.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Yep that's right. In one of my mate's game some Seva guy from Milan's reserves was brilliant but in my game he hardly has a technical stat over 10.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #977
    Yes!!!! In my second season with Udinese I won the Serie A title!!!! But it sure was close.

I started the season off great, Crespo had 8 goals in september alone, and I was following the leaders. But, after some 5 or 6 games I started to lose form. Soon, I was down in 8th place.

I managed to fight back and I finished the winter part of the season as 6th on the table. Just before the break I had a tough schedule, playing Juventus, Milan and Lazio. I picked up only 1 point from those three games. At that time, I had a bit of a scoring problem, and as my management had given me plenty of transfre money, I decided to go fish in the market. I bought Julio Baptista and Fernando Torres. Fernando started well and had 4 goals in the first 3 games, but Baptista was in terrible form. I was sure I had made a bad choice. How wrong I was.

Soon, my team started gathering pace, which happened at around the same time Baptista started picking up form. Soon, I was closing down the gap, and I was up to third. Not long after that, I was up to second. 6 games to go, I was 5 points behind Juve. But then, my luck got even better. They drew 1-1 with Milan and I won my game, and the gap was at 3 points, and my next match was away at Juventus. I didnt do very well in the CL and Coppa Italia, being knocked out in the Quarter finals, but I was on fire in the Serie A. Juventus was withouth Del Piero, Trezeguet and Tevez in our match, and I took full advantage, beating them 6-1 away. Just three days later, I beat Milan 4-0 at home, and I was level with Juve, with all the tough fixtures already played.

I only had Lazio and Sampdoria away and catania at home. I beat Lazio 3-1 and Catania 5-0, but Juventus also won their games. In the last match of the Serie A, we were tied on points. I played Sampdoria and Juve played Chievo, both away. A turci own goal, and a strike by Baptista gave me a 2-0 lead and I was focused on the Juve match. They were playing 1-1 and I was already celebrating until Nedved scored in the 89th minute to give them a 2-1 win. The title was going to be decided in a single playoff game.

And what a game it was. It was all very bizzare really, since the year was 2006 it was the time of the World Cup, and both my Udinese and Juventus were withouth a lot of our players who had been called for international duty, as it was june 3rd. I was withouth 16 players, and even some of those who were left behind were injured, like Romagnoli, Kompany, Hleb and Adu. Still, due to the great bench I had, I managed to put out a respectable team, while Juve had big problems in attack, but a solid defence and midfield, with Chivu, Thuram, Nedved, Blasi and Tacchinardi all playing. It was a tough match that finished 2-2 after the first 90 minutes. Extra time it was. But, nothing changed in the extra 30 minutes and we were heading for penalties. Luckily, my first choice keeper Reina wasnt called up for Spain and all they had was Bonnefoi. Iuliano and Birindelli missed and all my players scored, and I won the championship.

It was close, as close as it possibly could have been. Too close if you ask me.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Yes!!!! In my second season with Udinese I won the Seerie A title!!!! But it sure was close. I started the season off great, Crespo had 8 goals in september alone, and I was following the leaders. But, after some 5 or 6 games I started to lose form. Soon, I was down in 8th place. I managed to fight back and I finished the winter part of the season as 6th on the table. Just before the break I had a tough schedule, playing Juventus, Milan and Lazio. I picked up only 1 point from those three games. At that time, I had a bit of a scoring problem, and as my management had given me plenty of transfre money, I decided to go fish in the market. I bought Julio Baptista andFernando Torres. Fernando started well and had 4 goals in the first 3 games, but Baptista was in terrible form. I was sure I had made a bad choice. How wrong I was. Soon, my team started gathering pace, which happened at around the same time Baptista started picking up form. Soo, I was closing down the gap, and I was up to third. Not long after that, I was up to second. 6 games to go, I was 5 points behind Juve. But then, my luck started to change. They drew 1-1 with Milan and I won my game, and the gap was at 3 points, and my next match was away at Juventus. I didnt do very well in the CL and Coppa Italia, being knocked out in the Quarter finals, but I was on fire in the Serie A. Juventus was withouth Del Piero, Trezeguet and Tevez in our match, and I took full advantage, beating them 6-1 away. Just three days later, I beat Milan 4-0 at home, and I was level with Juve, with all the tough fixtures already played. I only had Lazio and Sampdoria away and catania at home. I beat Lazio 3-1 and Catania 5-0, but Juventus also won their games. In the last match of the Serie A, we were tied on points. I played Sampdoria and Juve played Chievo, both away. A turci own goal, and a strike by Baptista gave me a 2-0 lead and I was focused on the Juve match. They were playing 1-1 and I was already celebrating until Nedved scored in the 89th minute to give them a 2-1 win. The title was going to be decided in a single playoff game. And what a game it was. It was all very bizzare really, since the year was 2006 it was the time of the World Cup, and both my Udinese and Juventus were withouth a lot of our players who had been called for international duty, as it was june 3rd. I was withouth 16 players, and even some of thosw who were left behind were injured, like Romagnoli, Kompany, Hleb and Adu. Still, due to the great bench I had, I managed to put out a respectable team, while Juve had big problems in attack, but a solid defence and midfield, with Chivu, Thuram, Nedved, Blasi and Tacchinardi all playing. It was a tough match that finished 2-2 after the first 90 minutes. Extra time it was. But, nothing changed in the extra 30 minutes and we were heading for penalties. Luckily, my first choice keeper Reina wasnt called up for Spain and all they had was Bonnefoi. Iuliand and Birindelli missed and all my players scored, and I won the championship.

It was close, as close as it possibly could have been. Too close if you ask me.
    You could have used some spaces, instead of making it look like jiberish to the readers. ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I've shelved the 3-2-2-2-1 I was using because I was conceding too many goals. I'm now using a 4-4-2 and doing a lot better. I'm in 9th in Serie A atm but the gap between us and the team in 5th isn't very big. I won all of my group games in the Uefa Cup and beat Atalanta 6-4 on aggregate in the Coppa. Roma will provide the opposition in the quarters there.

Quite interestingly I've scored the most goals in the league as well as conceded the most. Iaquinta and Fava are doing very well upfront with Bierofka, Pizarro and Jankulovski providing the ammunition. My centre backs have been rather inconsistent so Montero is joining in January. I'm trying to get Dede, Van Bommel and Santana on free transfers for next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)