Football Manager 5 (merge) (20 Viewers)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #941
    Sardo is bloody fantastic for me, 20's all over the place. I posted a screenshot a few pages back.

Torres has scored 4 goals in 1 start and 2 sub appearances so far :D

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I just played my first competitive game and the result was positive. We travelled to Lecce I won 4-2. We were two up in 15 mins but Lecce fought back through a controversial penalty and a Bojinov strike. It was 2-2 at half time but we kept the pressure on and managed to score twice in the second half. Jankulovski, Di Michele, Pizarro and Bierofka were the scorers. Bierofka also set up two goals as he played a 10. It looks like my formation might just work. There's a good balance and everyone gets involved. I'll keep you guys updated, my next game is against Gorica in the Uefa Cup.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    How the hell can you tell if a penalty is dubious or not? :D
    You don't read the commentary, do you? :rolleyes: It said 'that was harsh' when the ref gave Lecce the penalty and in previous games I've seen things like 'surely a dive from...' :p

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Btw Zlatan, how did you do in your first season with Udinese? What was your position in Serie A and how far did you get in the Uefa Cup and Coppa Italia?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #947
    I finished 4th in the League, won the Coppa, and was kicked out of the UEFA Cup in the 1/8 Finals by Chelski.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I beat Gorica 5-0 away in my first Uefa Cup game and was feeling pretty confident seeing as I had also won my first league game (4-2 over Lecce) but Messina spanked me 5-2 in my next match. I was pretty sure we would drop points against Cagliari in midweek with Iaquinta, Di Natale, Di Michele and Pizarro all injured but on the night we were the better side and won 2-0, Jankulovski was amazing. Di Michele and Pizarro were back for the next game and we thrashed Siena 5-0. The second leg of the Uefa Cup tie with Gorica ended 1-1 (I fielded a reserve team) so we're through to the group stage.

I'm glad that I turned down offers for Pizarro and Jankulovski as they have been two of my best players. Bierofka is blazing it up, as is Di Michele while Sardo has 3 goals in 4 games.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    Sardo is bloody fantastic for me, 20's all over the place. I posted a screenshot a few pages back.

Torres has scored 4 goals in 1 start and 2 sub appearances so far :D
    Sardo is really great! but is there a way to make him gain strength and speed?

btw milan U20s are great, many good young players there

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by ADP24it ] ++
    any good players to recommend? I wanted a very good playmaker & goal scorer. :star:
    Last time I coached Juve I got Juninho Pernambucano from Lyon to take up the playmaking role. Just have a look at his stats, he's amazing. Del Piero scored 38 goals for me in my first season and both Zlatan and Trez had over 25. Fernando Torres is brilliant but he'll cost a lot. Gilardino could be an alternative.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #955
    I got Torres for 47 mil € as his contract was unprotected.

My current team is this:

GK: Reina, Carini
    DF: Kompany, Heitinga, Mexes, Bonera, Squillaci, De Borre
    MD: Kapo, D'Agostino, Van der Vaart, Barbarez, Mascherano, Julio Baptista, Hleb, Romagnoli, Krnjčar, Hugo Viana, Gavilan, Santana, Sneijder
    ST: Sardo, Agahowa, Zlatan, Crespo, Delgado, Cavenaghi, Torres

Carini, Santana and Crespo are getting sold at the end of the season, and I have a lot of players coming in on a free transfer. I'll re-sell most of them as I need the money, but I'll most keep Pelizzoli, Olivera and Renato.

BTW, I think I've found a way around the non EU rule for free players. When a player leaves his club and is a free player, first offer him a trial. If he accepts, he'll get Italian nationality, and wont take up a non eu spot. Works only for players that dont already have two nationalities. I signed Barbarez and Agahowa that way. They were both non EU, I offered them tirals and they accepted, and after that I decided to offer them full contracts. When I signed them I saw they had an Italia passport, altho they didnt have one before.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

BTW, I think I've found a way around the non EU rule for free players. When a player leaves his club and is a free player, first offer him a trial. If he accepts, he'll get Italian nationality, and wont take up a non eu spot. Works only for players that dont already have two nationalities. I signed Barbarez and Agahowa that way. They were both non EU, I offered them tirals and they accepted, and after that I decided to offer them full contracts. When I signed them I saw they had an Italia passport, altho they didnt have one before.
    That not the problem. You dont need to trial them, you could've bought them straight away. You can get any non-EU player that is already playing in a european country. The problem is that you cant sign non-EU players from South America.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #957
    Not true, I've had many deals fall through because I didnt have a free slot, and most of them were from European countries, Spain or Germany.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    Not true, I've had many deals fall through because I didnt have a free slot, and most of them were from European countries, Spain or Germany.
    Dont know whats wrong then. Because i tried to sign someone from south america, but the deal fell through. Right after that i bought 2 non-EU players from europe, and it worked.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #959
    You can buy non eu players from the same country AFAIK. I'm still playing 5.0.2, maybe thats the difference.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    You can buy non eu players from the same country AFAIK. I'm still playing 5.0.2, maybe thats the difference.
    No, both non-EU players were from some other country in europe. Could be the patch i guess, i'm in 5.0.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)