Football Manager 5 (merge) (5 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++

Mike Zonneveld!
Yup :thumb: one of the best young left backs in the game. You could also play him as a left sided winger, which he played awesome for me. Brilliant crosses and good free-kick taker.

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
I'm starting to think this guy Sebastian Mila might be pretty good actually, great defensive stats, wicked pace and acceleration, he's got crossing and corners aswell. Very useful indeed.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
So far so good in season two. I signed a player for basically every position:

Goalkeeper - De Sanctis (free)
Central Defender - Mexes (16m)
Wide Defender - Zonneveld (4m)
Central Midfielder - Mascherano (9.5m)
Wide Midfielder - Joaquin (60m)
Striker - Gilardino (23.5m), Nonda (free)

I won the Italian Supercup against Sampdoria (3-0), the European Supercup against Newcastle (3-1) and my first league game of the season (3-0 vs Atalanta). Nonda is out for two months, but Gilardino scored on his league debut. Alberto is going to have to settle for a rotation system with Zlatan and DP because the three are too good to leave on the bench for sustained periods of time. DP has 3 goals in 2 games this season, Zlatan has 2 in 2. Juninho is playing really well, so too Joaquin, but Kapo is injured. I only realised when I went to submit my list for the CL that Joaquin and Gilardino were ineligible for the competition so that's a bummer. I feel kinda stupid having spent over 80m between the two and they won't be available for the trophy that I really want to win (retain actually).

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #808
    I could have got Cassano and Gila for nothing but I decided to pass them up. Gila later went to Liverpool, and Cassano to Barcelona.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    gilardino for 23? thats a bargain.

i managed to get joaquin for around 30. thats a good deal too i guess.
    Gilardino chose to leave the club on the Bosman ruling but Parma had to be compensated 23.5m.

I offered Betis 45m and they said no, then 50, no. Chelsea then offered 56 and I had to top that so I offered 60 and they accepted.

Has anyone else coached Juninho Pernambucano? His technical stats in particular are amazing.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I could have got Cassano and Gila for nothing but I decided to pass them up. Gila later went to Liverpool, and Cassano to Barcelona.
    i got them both free, but only in 2007. stu's in 2006.

and in another game cassano signed an extention with roma.

im gonna start a new game tomorrow, with 2 managers, 1 with monaco, 1 with some serie c1 club. objectives to win the cl in 3 seasons with monaco, and 10 years with serie c1 club.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #811
    I've started a game with Bosnia and Herzegovina, and I'll try to qualify for the WC. I doubt I'll succeed tho.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

i got them both free, but only in 2007. stu's in 2006.

and in another game cassano signed an extention with roma.

im gonna start a new game tomorrow, with 2 managers, 1 with monaco, 1 with some serie c1 club. objectives to win the cl in 3 seasons with monaco, and 10 years with serie c1 club.
    I'm in 2005 actually. Just started my second season.

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I've started a game with Bosnia and Herzegovina, and I'll try to qualify for the WC. I doubt I'll succeed tho.
    i tried that with lithuania. 3 place in the group. with two games remaining i needed serbia not to win them all and i needed to win both. dont remember the scores now, but i was 2 points from the playoff spot :(

nice 3-0 win over belgium in the last round though. "a new era for lithuanian football" :D

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #815
    Yeah, IMO the kkey for me qualifying is not losing against Serbia in the second game. I'll be happy with 1 point from my first two matches (Spain and Serbia)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)