Football Manager 5 (merge) (23 Viewers)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #822
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

it should work with windows 98 and higher
    There's also a mac version. I suppose you can get it off amazon.

Called "worldwide soccer manager" in the US, $39.99 on amazon.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
    Well, doesn't really matter. I just ordered it. Tell me about his game, are you just the Coach? Do you play too, what's the deal?

you're the coach. you chose your line up every match, buy players, sell players, renew contracts etc.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Do you watch the match?

Do you participate?
    You watch the highlights while the game is going on, the players appear from the top as circles with a number

You particiapte in the match as much as a coach does

Stu

Jul 14, 2002

My man, Phillipp Lahm.
    I could've got Lahm but he would've been more expensive than Zonnefeld and I was only looking for a back-up left back.

Zlatan is doing really well atm. He wasn't brilliant last season but is contributing a lot now. He and DP both scored hat-tricks in my 9-3 demolition of Werder Bremen. I've won my first three group games in the CL (Bremen, Bodo, Celtic) and I'm top of the league. I lead Inter and Milan by a point after losing my last two games to Lecce (2-1 away) and Palermo (1-0 away). Kapo wants me to transfer list him but I said no. Mexes wants a more important role in the team so I'm trying to integrate him into the first XI as often as possible. Kompany is coming along nicely while Thuram and Cannavaro still have something in them. Del Piero, Joaquin and Juninho Pernambucano have been my best players so far this term, and Sculli is really surprising me. He has a wicked goals to game ratio, something like 7 to 4. DP has 12 in 9, Zlatan 8 in 8, Gila 4 in 6 and Nonda 2 in 4. Juninho has 7 in 12.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

Just got knocked out of CL by Real Madrid. I drew the first game at home 1-1, Miccoli scored first and then real scored a freakin cheapest goal you could imagine. some fck from real crossed the ball from the middle of the pitch and my stupid defender headed the ball in. fcking great!! The 2nd leg finished 0-0. Bloody Torres was gettin on my nerve, missing bloody easy chances :wallbang::wallbang:: (was pulling my hair out)

Leading Seria A by 2 pts ahead of Juve and reached Italian Cup Final Vs Juve as well.

ps. Pazzini rocks.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #830
    I'm currently leading Bosnia, have played 2 WC qual games, lost 2-1 to Spain and 3-1 to Serbia&Montenegro.

Funny, I took the lead early on in both matches, in the 3rd minute against Spaina dn in the 1st against S&M.

I played 2 friendlies, beat Bhutan 5-0 and drew with Nigeria 1-1, both at home.

I'm playing Belgium and Lithuania now, have to beat them both if I'm to stand any chance of qualifying.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    I decided for some reason to use Deportivo.

Just finished my 2nd season. No trophies in the first, won the League and the UEFA Cup in the 2nd.

Stole Blasi from Juve and he was a revalation.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    It is a game where you are the manager of a team...you choose the tactics, lineups, sell, buy players among other things.
    You do not play the game, you watch the highlights only

Sep 28, 2002
    took over padova, signed about 20 players on free. more than 30k pounds over my salary credit. hope i wont go bankrupt by the end of season. anyone care to explain the system in serie c1/b? if i win, do i go to c1/a or is there a way to go straight to serie b?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)