Football Manager 5 (merge) (19 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm into the final of the Coppa Italia after convincingly overturning Palermo's 4-2 first leg advantage. I won 5-0 in the Delle Alpi with Tacchinardi and Del Piero the best players on the pitch. I won the first leg of my CL first knockout round tie against Bayern (7-4) and face them next week. I wonder if the draw for the quarter finals will be kind to me or not.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Lost 3-1 to Bayern in the second leg but progress to the quarter finals 8-7 on aggregate where I'll face Man United. Still leading Serie A very comfortably.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I've won the treble. I managed exactly 100 points in the league, beating second place Milan by 21 points, beat Sampdoria 5-2 on aggregate in the Coppa final, and won the CL against Milan. Just like the 2003 final in real life, the match went to penalties, but instead of Milan being victorious, Buffon saved their first three kicks to lead me to a 3-0 penalty shootout win. The match had ended 1-1, and I thought it was extremely suiting. With Cannavaro and Tudor out injured and Kompany cup-tied, the legendary Ciro Ferrara was given the nod to start alongside Thuram in central defence. He scored Juve's only goal of the game and slotted home a penalty too. In his final Juventus appearance (v Bologna) he also got on the scoresheet. Grazie mille, Ciro.

It has really been a season to remember. During the course of the year Alex Del Piero won 5 awards and scored a whopping 38 goals in 38 starts and 2 appearances from the bench. To add to that amazing tally of goals DP was the second highest assistman in the team with 16, only Pavel Nedved had more. Olivier Kapo won the Foreign Player of the Year award while Zlatan Ibrahimovic picked up the Young Player of the Year award. Thuram was Defender of the Year, Buffon was Goalkeeper of the Year and I was Manager of the Year. DP won the following awards: European Player of the Year, World Player of the Year, Serie A Player of the Year, Italian Player of the Year, Serie A Striker of the Year and he was of course the capocannoniere. He finished the season with an average rating of 8.35.

So, it's time for whole sale changes. Chimenti, Iuliano, Montero, Legrottaglie and Appiah have left already. Ferrara and Pessotto will leave as their contracts have expired and Birindelli could be set for an exit too (is Miguel any good?). There's no room for Tacchinardi or Blasi and Camoranesi has been transfer listed along with Zalayeta and Trezeguet.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Thanks Fli, but I am sure there exists a good training schedule where one can just load it in

I will do with your advice for now

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
blasi is great dm, the only problem i had with him was that he hated me for some reason. why would you want to get rid of future international?
His form really picked up in the latter stages of the season but Tacchinardi and Emerson were better. I'm thinking of selling both Blasi and Tacch and getting Mascherano.

De Sanctis and Nonda have joined on frees while Zalayeta has joined Palermo for 5m. Just signed Mexes for 16m over 24 months and Arsenal have offered 33m for Trezeguet. I'm going to try to use the money to get Joaquin or a striker. I can get Gila for 23.5m, is he worth it?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Does anyone have a good training schedule?
I'm looking for a good training schedule as well. My players suffered injuries in training far too often for my likings.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
. I can get Gila for 23.5m, is he worth it?
Definitly yes. He's been my best striker the whole time that i've played FM so far. Torres has been disapointing for me so far (i'm in December) for his level scoring few goals. Berbatov is a good choice, who scores some stunning goals + gives assists. Pazinni scored almost every match that i played him. Though i start with:

Gila---Torres
-----Miccoli

I've never done any training schedules and my players rarely get injured, and even when they do get injured, its no more than 3 weeks. I think the reason for that is that i never field anyone who is less than 94% fit, unless i really have to. During CM time, when i was fielding some like 90% fit, they used to get injured very often. Since then i only field 95% and above.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
This is what I've done so far in the summer of 2005:

OUT - Vanden Borre (contract expired), Pessotto (contract expired), Blasi (to Parma for 8.25m), Camoranesi (to Milan for 15m), Zalayeta (to Palermo for 5m), Trezeguet (to Arsenal for 33m).

IN - De Sanctis (free transfer), Mexes (16m), Joaquin (60m), Nonda (free transfer), Gilardino (23.5m)

I need a left back, any suggestions?

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I need a left back, any suggestions?

LOL, me too. I was wondering if Vanden Borre can play there and if he's any good.

I guess you could try Dede or Lahm, although Lahm is right footed. Sebastian Mila is someone who is handy, but not a potential great.

I was personally thinking of seeing if I can get Clichy or Ashley Cole. Zambrotta is 30 and a bit old, plus he just broke his leg and is out for 7 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)