Football Manager 5 (merge) (78 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
More bad news for me on the injury front. Emerson is back from his lay off but Ibrahimovic is out for two months. This leaves me with only three forwards (Del Piero, Trezeguet and Zalayeta) and I'm also short at the back with Cannavaro out for the rest of the season. Thuram, Tudor, Ferrara and Vanden Borre are available, but the youngster from Belgium has requested to be placed on the transfer list because he can't settle in the area. I'm pursuing Barzagli and Mexes but only have 8m to spend. Any suggestions anyone? Which striker should I recall from loan, Sculli or Benjamin?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
More bad news for me on the injury front. Emerson is back from his lay off but Ibrahimovic is out for two months. This leaves me with only three forwards (Del Piero, Trezeguet and Zalayeta) and I'm also short at the back with Cannavaro out for the rest of the season. Thuram, Tudor, Ferrara and Vanden Borre are available, but the youngster from Belgium has requested to be placed on the transfer list because he can't settle in the area. I'm pursuing Barzagli and Mexes but only have 8m to spend. Any suggestions anyone? Which striker should I recall from loan, Sculli or Benjamin?
Definitly Sculli i'd say. Benjamin is shite. Though if you want a better and cheap value, i'd say go for Claudio Lopez or Aerial Ortega for the short term replacements as they are in thier early 30's.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Sculli is superb, wait untill 2008 and see his scoring/assist rate

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm in January and only have 8m to spend...
try to get Pavon, you might get him for 5m

and there is no harm throwing all your money on Carvalho....I forgot how much I paid for him

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

try to get Pavon, you might get him for 5m

and there is no harm throwing all your money on Carvalho....I forgot how much I paid for him
You think I could get Carvalho for 8m?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I might make a bid for Juan but I'm not giving up on Mexes and Barzagli yet. Roma are interested in Vanden Borre so I'm going to offer all my money + him for Mexes and see what they say.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

I havent played with Mexes in the game yet, but he seems to be pretty averrage. I'd say got for Juan or Adriano. Its an pro's advice :D

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #753
    I'm not buying anyone for the first team this season. No need to.

I am however going to look for a youg 17, 18 year old keeper, to take over from Gigi in a year or two.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I'm not buying anyone for the first team this season. No need to.

I am however going to look for a youg 17, 18 year old keeper, to take over from Gigi in a year or two.
    Arena (forgot the first name) :thumb:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #755
    Where does he play? And I've decide to buy Daniel from Sevilla. Zambrotta is 29, and I plan to sell him at the end of the season so I'm bringing Daniel in now so he can have a year to adjust before being a starter.

Also, thinking about the post Buffon era, I've bought a 3 year long option on Marten Steeklenburg from Ajax, and am going to do the same with some guy calle Hansing from Nurnerg. He's 22 and he's got very good stats.

Also, I'm trying to buy some Brazilian guy, also 22, from Fluminese, also very good stats, but I think I'll make that an option as well and get Reina from Villareal as a second goalkeeper, to replace Carini, altho Carini is good. He's got better stats than Buffon.

Jan 7, 2004

you should definetly give Volpato a run and see how he goes

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Where does he play? And I've decide to buy Daniel from Sevilla. Zambrotta is 29, and I plan to sell him at the end of the season so I'm bringing Daniel in now so he can have a year to adjust before being a starter.

Also, thinking about the post Buffon era, I've bought a 3 year long option on Marten Steeklenburg from Ajax, and am going to do the same with some guy calle Hansing from Nurnerg. He's 22 and he's got very good stats.

Also, I'm trying to buy some Brazilian guy, also 22, from Fluminese, also very good stats, but I think I'll make that an option as well and get Reina from Villareal as a second goalkeeper, to replace Carini, altho Carini is good. He's got better stats than Buffon.
    When I bought Arena, he was not playing anywhere...He's Italian

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #760
    @Zlatan: How much did you pay for Mexes in your game? How good is he?
    Yeah, like Fli said, he requested to be transfer listed so I got him for 15 mil €.

He's good, very good, but he's also a backup in my squad. Chivu-Terry is my first choice centre back partnership.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)