Football Manager 5 (merge) (18 Viewers)

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
My team is not doing so great (10th first season, 4th second season) but I think I have so many excellent youngsters (about 4 wonderkids too) that eventually things will look up. Here's one of them (Pepe). In his first season he was not great, found his feet in the second season, now in the third he just orchestrated the destruction of Villa before getting injured (which he seems to do a bit too often for my liking).
I've also bought Zecchin and FINALLY he turned out decent. In previous games I've put my faith in him and he never repaid it. This Scottish guy McGlinchie is terrifying, out of favour for most of my second season, then I brought him in to deal with injuries and he scored 19 in 23, with 6 assists and 4 MOTMs :)

Pepe is 19, worth £13m, has two caps, on £28000 a week, has dribbling 19, finishing 17, heading 19, crossing 15, longshots 20, technique 16, passing 20, pace 15, acceleration 14, team work and work rate both 15. He's an MC. He has poor concentration, free kicks, tackling, marking, long throws and first touch though.

Geof

May 14, 2004
you mean Giampiero Zecchin?

he was a star in previous games!! he has always been great for me! how good is he in this game?

Valley

Apr 20, 2004

Geof, here is Zecchin, never did much for me in previous games, this is the first time he's been worth it!

And this is Pepe, who is certainly something very special IMO. :)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Yeah, like Fli said, he requested to be transfer listed so I got him for 15 mil €.

He's good, very good, but he's also a backup in my squad. Chivu-Terry is my first choice centre back partnership.
In which season did he request to be transfer listed and how much did Terry cost?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #766
    Terry 30 mil € at the start of the first season, and Mexes 15 at the start of the second.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Ok, I'll get Mexes this summer then. I still need someone now though but Palermo don't want to sell Barzagli..

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #768
    Bonera's contract gets unprotected at the start of the second season and you can get him for 9 mil €. He's pretty good, at both centre back and right back.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Valley ] ++
    Pepe is 19, worth £13m, has two caps, on £28000 a week, has dribbling 19, finishing 17, heading 19, crossing 15, longshots 20, technique 16, passing 20, pace 15, acceleration 14, team work and work rate both 15. He's an MC. He has poor concentration, free kicks, tackling, marking, long throws and first touch though.
    There are many young players with that position and with similar stats to Pepe's one if you look around.

I sold Bonera for 8.5 mil Euros, and Nihat for 29 mil Euros.

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

There are many young players with that position and with similar stats to Pepe's one if you look around.

I sold Bonera for 8.5 mil Euros, and Nihat for 29 mil Euros.
    Not many end up with 12 goals, 6 assists, 4 MOTM in 23 games in an underacheiving team though.

What do you think of Nihat? I picked him up on a free, sometimes he is brilliant, other times fairly anonymous. In the summer I will have 6 forwards, Cavenaghi, Portioli, McGlinchie, Nihat, Robinho and Pazzini. At least one has to go, and I'm thinking it should be Nihat, by then he will have only a year left on his contract and he's too demanding to accept a new one.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I recalled Sculli from loan as Zlatan is out and I'd be a bit short in attack with only three strikers. Sculli scored twice and played a 10 on debut as I beat Atalanta 4-0 to qualify for the semis of the Coppa Italia (4-1 on agg). He now has three goals in three games and is doing very well while Del Piero leads Serie A in both goals and assists. Juninho is on international duty with Brazil but Olivera has replaced him more than adequately. I was unable to sign Barzagli but got Kompany. He should turn out to be a good January signing because although he's cup-tied I really needed a centre back seeing as Vanden Borre could be leaving and Cannavaro is out for the rest of the season.

I lost the first leg of my Coppa semi to Palermo, 4-2 in the Renzo Barbera Stadium. Luca Toni played the match of his life and my second string side had no answer to his second half brace. I face Bayern in the first knockout round of the CL and I'm 12 points clear in the league. Sampdoria are second. Things are looking good atm and the Scudetto seems a certainty. It's early February right now and my best players so far have been DP and Juninho who are averaging 8.40 and 8.11 respectively.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Valley ] ++

Not many end up with 12 goals, 6 assists, 4 MOTM in 23 games in an underacheiving team though.

What do you think of Nihat? I picked him up on a free, sometimes he is brilliant, other times fairly anonymous. In the summer I will have 6 forwards, Cavenaghi, Portioli, McGlinchie, Nihat, Robinho and Pazzini. At least one has to go, and I'm thinking it should be Nihat, by then he will have only a year left on his contract and he's too demanding to accept a new one.
    I got Nihat for free as well. He was pretty average all season, scored 10 goals. Although i was playing him behind the strikers. Helped me win the CL and the league. cant ask for more.

I had to get rid of him because i got Miccoli, Torres, Pazzini, Berbatov (all for free). also got rid of Lopez for 300k. but no one wants Crespo.:groan:

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
    To all the people playing FM right now:

Are you guys actually having half as much fun as when you guys were playing CM?
    honestly i still think that CM 01/02 series and previous ones are better, but FM is still great, better than CM 4 or 03/04 IMO

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    In the last ten days I beat Milan 3-1, Roma 4-1, and Bayern 7-4. The attack is doing extremely well but I've got to do something to sure up the defence. Conceding four at home to Bayern isn't good enough.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    FM rocks. But ever since the 2-d pitch came in, somethign has gone missing from the whole Championship Manager concept. Of course I am smart enough to know that since the Pandora's box has been opened, there's no going back, so...

However, it is a great game. I find it difficult to imagine how Eidos and BGS would produce a better game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)