Football Manager 2018 (4 Viewers)

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
On the flanks I want fast players who can mainly cross, then pass and shoot. I 95% want wingers, but I only have one decent AML as a winger so I sometimes switch to IF. Sometimes I user Mbappe as a winger on AMR and it plays well.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Attachments

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
holy crap at Kean!
I know, right? He scored almost 100 goals for me in 112 apps. :)

- - - Updated - - -

M'bappe cost me 180M in total.
Wow! Check how much I spent on him. :D

I will share my tactic later. I didn't lose a single game in every competition for 3 years. :shocked2:

- - - Updated - - -
@Liviu

Try using a 4-2-3-1 formation with Vinicius, Dybala and Dembele behind Mbappe as a solo striker. Worked as a treat for me in Champions League.

- - - Updated - - -

:D

Attachments

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
@Marc

I created my own tactic as I like to play fast football and score for fun. I don't have your success, but I don't see myself using a 1 striker formation. Also, I saw that wing play is very effective.

Attachments

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
I started a save with Newtown (Welsh Prem), signed two free agents, right winger (9 euros a week) and MC (6 e/w) :D

Welcome to Wales

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Part-time deal, all the clubs in Wales are semi-pro except TNS. Got those two for 15e and my physio is on 70e or something. Madness.

And that winger is really shit. Dribbling 5 IIRC, not in the game right now. He can't dribble, he can't shoot, but he can cross the ball. Around 11, I think.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
@Marc

Have some mercy...it's more of a 4-2-4 with Kean, Dembele and Mbappe being more attackers than midfielders. It's more of a suicide formation and it's always entertaining to watch games. I'm heading towards the summer of '25, maybe I'll finally get Vinicius, tho he's a IF on AML.

@Gagi

You really have patience to search for players like that :lol:

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Part-time deal, all the clubs in Wales are semi-pro except TNS. Got those two for 15e and my physio is on 70e or something. Madness.

And that winger is really shit. Dribbling 5 IIRC, not in the game right now. He can't dribble, he can't shoot, but he can cross the ball. Around 11, I think.
But still 40 euro a month.

Even in 3rd divion in Serbia players must be getting more. :D

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Maybe a bit more :D

I enjoy managing in lower leagues or shit countries. It's harder, yes, but a lot of fun. Not sure when was the last time I managed Juve... maybe FM09. Don't like playing with big clubs. Played Pentagon Challenge twice, plan is to start unemployed with Sunday League Footballer as past experience and zero coaching bagdes, and then win all the CL's out there (Europe, Asia, Africa, S. America, N. America). Was never lucky enough to coach Juve there, ended up in Liverpool (FM13) and United (FM16 I think). And I have seen some shit in Korea and Africa. Still, loved it. I think I'll manage in Iceland on FM19, Scotland is always an option.. Then a long ass save with Blyth Spartans from English Conference North.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
How is it that you guys got into this game? I love how detailed and intricate it seems, but the learning curve for it just seems impossibly steep. Is the mobile version of the game just as good?

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
How is it that you guys got into this game? I love how detailed and intricate it seems, but the learning curve for it just seems impossibly steep. Is the mobile version of the game just as good?
Mobile version is crap. What you want is realism. My next step is getting back in the FM game. First I need to buy a laptop that is powerful enough to not run out of memory after the first month of the season as I did last season. What you get when you cut corners.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Mobile version is crap. What you want is realism. My next step is getting back in the FM game. First I need to buy a laptop that is powerful enough to not run out of memory after the first month of the season as I did last season. What you get when you cut corners.
So don't even bother buying mobile?

I love it, it's so beautiful
https://www.gigabyte.com/Laptop/AERO-15--i7-7700HQ#kf

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
@Marc

I only got 2 expansions and I have 51.883 seats.

You seem to have and spend more than i do, feels like we're playing 2 different games :lol:

Got Donna for 15M and after my 4th CL, got Vinicius for 197M. I had too many attacking options so I got anotha' one :sergio:

Attachments

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I just bought FM18 and started playing with Juve with UPDATED transfers for everyone, so CR7 in our team, and I bought Verratti to feel the big void in my heart left void by Marchisio :(

Question is, how the heck do you negotiate for anyone in this new game? Seems to be impossible with sum, was about to sign SMS before Verratti but it was craaaaazy demands, jeez. I guess realistic lol. Same thing with Leon Bailey, club asking for Neymar money lol.

I'm playing a 3-4-3, with the 3 upfront as forwards, not two wingers, been able to successfully retrain Berna to central forward, but douglas Costa is hella hastle despite half a season of experiene there.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I just bought FM18 and started playing with Juve with UPDATED transfers for everyone, so CR7 in our team, and I bought Verratti to feel the big void in my heart left void by Marchisio :(

Question is, how the heck do you negotiate for anyone in this new game? Seems to be impossible with sum, was about to sign SMS before Verratti but it was craaaaazy demands, jeez. I guess realistic lol. Same thing with Leon Bailey, club asking for Neymar money lol.

I'm playing a 3-4-3, with the 3 upfront as forwards, not two wingers, been able to successfully retrain Berna to central forward, but douglas Costa is hella hastle despite half a season of experiene there.
Why not wait 2-3 months and buy the 2019 edition?

- - - Updated - - -

I know, right? He scored almost 100 goals for me in 112 apps. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! Check how much I spent on him. :D

I will share my tactic later. I didn't lose a single game in every competition for 3 years. :shocked2:

- - - Updated - - -
@Liviu

Try using a 4-2-3-1 formation with Vinicius, Dybala and Dembele behind Mbappe as a solo striker. Worked as a treat for me in Champions League.

- - - Updated - - -

:D
If you dont cheat you got some achievement there
I mean I usually win the CL on my first or second attempt but I usually stop playing after achieving it - Im not sure I would get 9 in a row should I continue as CL is a cup and not a league so 1 bad game and...

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Ok Geeks. Haven’t played FM for a number of years and I’m looking to get back on it. My point being. In terms of memory space needed to run the game. What’s a decent amount? And what is it you need to really look out for? 1.21 Jiggawatts? A bolt of lightning? Flux capacitor?

Any help would be grateful :tup:

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #120
    FM is not intensive. If you cant run it then you need a new computer.

Its pretty easy to find out game specs by googling it.

They even have websites now that can tell you if your computer can run a specific game, how well and what you might be lacking.

Shouldnt be too hard :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)