Football Manager 2018 (4 Viewers)

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
SI does what they do best - they fucked up match engine. They fix one thing and create 5 more problems. When they fix new issues, they will fuck up something else. Wingers are unguardable, half decent cross is a goal because striker are in much better position than defender, whether you play deep or high, close them down or man mark, it's kinda funny. Basically, if you play narrow formation, you will have tough time. If not, good for you.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #42
    Really? I never concede on crosses.Are you getting hit on the counter and there aren't players back to defend or is your defense in place and you are still conceding?

Have you tried using tight marking or mark specific player on wingers?

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    Literally everyting, from tight marking, closing down less, more, every role there is.

I do have mediocre/shit team. Managing Blyth Spartans, won 3 promotions in a row and made a horrific decision to update FM just 4 days before the start of the season. Everything worked well on previous ME. This build is just shit. All the hardcore FM fans I know are disgusted by it. My mate is playing with Partizan, there was a 10-2 game in AI v AI clash when he updated the game. Conceded more than 100 goals in Prem, 20 of them from PK, which is also funny. As is AI free kick routine, where most of my guys are in my box or even 6y and they're free to bomb from 20m. Just silly stuff. Wide formations do work and playing with good teams, dribbling is super highlighted now, so I guess Sane's of the world are beasting.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #44
    Oh well I've only played as Juventus so maybe the smaller teams are fucked I couldn't say but I haven't had any issues with defending the wings or crosses but maybe if you are having trouble with a narrow formation then stop playing one :p Almost every computer controlled opposition team plays with both a fullback and either an wide attacking mid or wide midfielder so theyve got two players on each flank so idk why you would play a narrow formation...

I am switching between three formations right now and while, i leave the width at normal on all of them, i have two players on each flank for all three

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
    I've tried everything, even 3 men defence, 5 behind, 4-4-1-1, etc. It could be an issue with smaller/weaker teams. Not only because bigger teams have better players, AI's approach to games v big teams is way different, they tend do play defensive, on counters and stuff like that. I have to move to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1... Next season will be fun, have to redeem myself in Championship and that league is super hard. But with this ME, I might go back to League One. :lol:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Off topic but FM related...

What's the best CM game? Maybe one of the famed oldies can get me interested again in FM/CM. Never played any of the CMs.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    For my part that would be nostalgia. But I can't play the handheld version of FM, which is more similar to old CM, because it's way too simplified. I get bored immediately. So I wouldn't really be able to recommend any old CM. Signing players like Tsigalko, Bak, Kerr, Moukoko, Adu, Sambo and I can't remember everyone, to make a world-class team of RandomClubInNeverHeardOfLeague. Those were fun days but wouldn't really give me more than nostalgia today, doubt anyone who hasn't played the games would enjoy them now. Unless you are completely new to FM/CM and want to learn the basics first.

Currently playing with a small club in Sweden. Managed to win the domestic cup and play in CL but lost in qualifications to Zenit. We surprised everyone and baffled me by winning 1-0 away (seriously no idea how we made it, they even played their starting players) but lost at home by 2-0 on extra time. Never been so proud before. Haven't signed a single player in two years but we're going bankrupt. Sold as many players as I can but it's potato money. Was so many years ago I played with this kind of club. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make money? We have 100k in the bank but that cash is draining like an oil pipe in Iraq.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Just bought the game for about 50 Euro's from the store. Does anyone have a Killer 4-2-3-1 tactic to share, please?

Poslano sa mog Lenovo A2020a40 koristeći Tapatalk

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Nope. :( I am leaning more and more towards finding suitable roles and a mixture of roles under an umbrella of playing with fluid control, lower pace, mixed passing, play out of defence, close down more, high defensive line, offside trap, prevent gk distribution, being more expressive, overlaps, tighter marking, and depending on how the game is going and on oppositions strengths and weaknesses I might order them to attack middle or wings. Happens I put on retaining possession but it's seldom.

The difficult part IMO is coverage in front of the defense that an AMC might exploit. I want someone to take care of that position and that is typically and deep-lying playmaker because I still haven't figured out the roles. Preferably I would want a ball winning midfielder and a playmaker but that hasn't worked out for me. I usually go instead with the DLP(d) and a BBM.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #52
    Just bought the game for about 50 Euro's from the store. Does anyone have a Killer 4-2-3-1 tactic to share, please?

I have posted some already in this thread

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    I have posted some already in this thread
    Thanks, mate.

I'm about to start playing with Juve.

But 1st I have some questions:

Are you guys using FMRTE?
    How good/bad are Caldara and Spinazzola?
    Are there pictures of Juve players?
    What wonderkids should I buy?
    How rich is Juve?
    Is Rugani a monster like in FM 17? Same goes for Pjaca?

A lot of questions, I know. You don't have to answer every single one. Your help would be much appreciated, though.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    Sorry, @Kyle. Started the game, offloaded Sturaro to Tottenham and Mandzukic to Man City. Bought only Martial for now.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    My starting 11: Buffon, MDS, Rugani, Chiellini, AS, Khedira, Pjanić, Berna, Dybala, Martial, Pipita.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    @Kyle

Did you create your own tactic or did you download it from somewhere?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm using this tactic. If anyone wants to try it, here you can download it...

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)