Football Manager 2018 (5 Viewers)

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #21
    Finished my second season.

Got to the CL final again but this time i won 1-0 over Barcelona. Higuain redeemed himself by scoring the only goal (he missed a penalty in regular time in my first CL final ): that I went on to lose) and finishing European golden boot winner with 11 goals in 10 games.

This summer I decided to lower the average age of the team so I sold Di Maria, Cuadrado, Benatia, Douglas Costa, and Spinazzola (had him around for HG but PSG offered 30mil and I could never get him to perform as inverted wingback). Chiellini and Marchisio are getting up there in years but are the two most influential players according to squad dynamics so I think it might be beneficial to keep them as long as possible.

With the cash from sales I bought Odegaard, Mathjis De Ligt (both have minimum fee release clauses under 20 mil :tup:), Leroy Sane, Felice D'amico and Simone Lo Faso.

These players along with Elia Petrelli, Pietro Pellegri, Luca Anglieri, Luca Pellegrini, Kean, Audero, Bentancur, Lirola, Portanova, Caligara and Orsolini have my team overflowing with youth talent :tuttosport: never had so much top quality youth talent in an FM game before :tuttosport:

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Thanks to San :beppe:

- - - Updated - - -

I run on a mac with 16gb ram, 2,3ghz intel core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2gb, Intel Iris Pro 1536mb. Still works fine and runs smoothly after I upgraded from beta. I don't know if it helps but if you want something in comparison.
    It should do for that spec. Quite a few people try to run it on middle of the road laptops though. It should be made clear on the packaging that you can only run the minimum features smoothly on a regular machine.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #23
    Looks like they patched and fixed whatever was fucking over my FM. Works again just fine on high graphics takes up barely 5% of my CPU usage instead of 99% :tup:

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Went full mental. Still haven't started the second season. Sold Cuadrado, Asamoah, Higuain, a whole bunch of dead wood. Didn't sign Höwedes or Costa. Licht and Barza left. Buffon retired.
    Signed Sanchez for free and three regens for youth squad. Brought back Caldara, Spina. Brignoli, Lirola, and Kean.
    Might sign Arthur but contract negotiations melted down after his request of 300k/w. Seems like a good versatile player and I am moving from 4231 to 41221 so I need someone to back up Marchisio. Sturaro, however, went mad because we have so many CM when I first tried to sign Fabinho. Manduzkic is crazy angry I sold pipita.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Finished my second season.

Got to the CL final again but this time i won 1-0 over Barcelona. Higuain redeemed himself by scoring the only goal (he missed a penalty in regular time in my first CL final ): that I went on to lose) and finishing European golden boot winner with 11 goals in 10 games.

This summer I decided to lower the average age of the team so I sold Di Maria, Cuadrado, Benatia, Douglas Costa, and Spinazzola (had him around for HG but PSG offered 30mil and I could never get him to perform as inverted wingback). Chiellini and Marchisio are getting up there in years but are the two most influential players according to squad dynamics so I think it might be beneficial to keep them as long as possible.

With the cash from sales I bought Odegaard, Mathjis De Ligt (both have minimum fee release clauses under 20 mil :tup:), Leroy Sane, Felice D'amico and Simone Lo Faso.

These players along with Elia Petrelli, Pietro Pellegri, Luca Anglieri, Luca Pellegrini, Kean, Audero, Bentancur, Lirola, Portanova, Caligara and Orsolini have my team overflowing with youth talent :tuttosport: never had so much top quality youth talent in an FM game before :tuttosport:
    Good player but I missed on him

- - - Updated - - -

Went full mental. Still haven't started the second season. Sold Cuadrado, Asamoah, Higuain, a whole bunch of dead wood. Didn't sign Höwedes or Costa. Licht and Barza left. Buffon retired.
    Signed Sanchez for free and three regens for youth squad. Brought back Caldara, Spina. Brignoli, Lirola, and Kean.
    Might sign Arthur but contract negotiations melted down after his request of 300k/w. Seems like a good versatile player and I am moving from 4231 to 41221 so I need someone to back up Marchisio. Sturaro, however, went mad because we have so many CM when I first tried to sign Fabinho. Manduzkic is crazy angry I sold pipita.
    I sold Cuad on my first season as I saw no use for him
    I also didn't sign Howedes and Costa and Buffon retired despite renewing his contract...
    How did you manage to sign Sanchez??? I tried but he didn't want to talk..
    I got Ozil for free but didn't play yet in the 2nd season as I usually stop playing after I win the CL which usually happens in my first or 2nd season

- - - Updated - - -

Is the 3-2-3-2 formation still ridiculously overpowered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What are you talking about?

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Sanchez refused me until his contract was just about to expire. Then he was happy to talk and for some reason, no one else poached him. :)

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #28
    Sanchez resigned with arsenal in mine and the immediately became unhappy and requested to leave

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #31
    Has anybody tried 3-5-2 with long ball tactics yet? Let me know how it goes ASAP.
    The key is Chiellini as Ball playing defender who gets forward whenever possible and Marco Parolo as advanced playmaker who makes runs into box

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
    What are you talking about?
    In the previous FM editions, you could literally play with the worst team using 3-2-3-2 with counter/defensive tactics and seriously overachieve every season. I was wondering if it was still the case.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Heading into the third season now. The market is so ridiculously inflated, I never wanna become Marotta.
    Can't remember exactly what the bid was, around 100m, for Sanchez and I figured his best days were behind him so I sold him to get someone younger... maybe a bit cheaper and demanding less salary. Took me forever and finally I ended up splashing 125m on Lemar. :(
    The season before I went for Donnarumma's release clause of 75m but in the end I didn't have the funding to finalize it. He then went on to renew his contract. So this season I activated his release clause again - for 40m. I laughed all the way to the meeting with Fassone.

My team: Donnarumma and Leali. Will sell Leali after this season and let Audero be the backup (Brignoli was last season).
    Chiellini, de Ligt, Rugani, Caldara, Spinnazola, Alex Sandro, Mattiello, Lirola, and De Sciglio.
    Arthuro, Marchisio, Mandragora, Lemar, Orsolini, Bernadeschi, Bentancur, Pjanic, Matuidi, Sturaro and Keane.
    Dybala and Geubbels.

Would have sold one of the FB but DS broke his leg during late pre-season. Was about to loan out Mandra as well but only received potato-offers so I let him stay. Doesn't look to be developing much anyway. How is he faring for you?

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #36
    Just ended fifth season. Nipples relegated in 19th place :howler: :howler: Too bad they have no one even left worth poaching these days.

Team is pretty damn solid these days but I am still using Szczesny so I think I will spend my budget on Donnarumma this coming summer.

In this year (even though i've won CL twice and have 3 year running Balon D'or winner in Dybala) you really can't compete financially with the big sides at all as Juve :p so I'm looking towards youngsters and wantaways

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #37
    Found a wonderkid RB at Palermo. Spent all summer trying to attract and buy him with Palermo even turning down 45mil euro bid.

They listed him for loan so I took him on loan and they agreed to 9mil euro optional future fee :howler: :howler: So I took him on loan and payed the 9mil in January now he's mine

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Found a wonderkid RB at Palermo. Spent all summer trying to attract and buy him with Palermo even turning down 45mil euro bid.

They listed him for loan so I took him on loan and they agreed to 9mil euro optional future fee :howler: :howler: So I took him on loan and payed the 9mil in January now he's mine
    they still have this infuriating algorithm i see

in previous versions it was same usually teams within same league

offer insane amounts of money for a player (ex player valued at 20 million, i offer 30-45m, club asks for 70million

end oup backing out because wtf

player goes unhappy

club sellls him for 11 million to someone other than me

wtf

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #39

offer insane amounts of money for a player (ex player valued at 20 million, i offer 30-45m, club asks for 70million

player goes unhappy

wtf
    Rival teams Nipples, milan, inter wont even sell their transer listed players to you

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

player goes unhappy

wtf
    Rival teams Nipples, milan, inter wont even sell their transer listed players to you
    I hope both your files get corrupted and you lose everything. Not just in game, but in your pc as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)