Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #101

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
    I know where he plays I said we should not rush because we have Giovinco.We should see if he can play there so if he can we shouldn't waste money there and buy someone on other position.Someone that I have mentioned over there.
    i just dont think we should spend the whole transfer budget on a CM....and we could have signed hamsik 2 years ago for free....i dunno man,we got marchisio,tiago,ekdal,poulsen,momo,zanetti...6 for 2 positions...

i thing Gio can provide decent cover as left winger and if we dont go for Diego then Silva or Mata are perfect options for me(due to Valencia financial problems),what do you think guru?

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #104
    i just dont think we should spend the whole transfer budget on a CM....and we could have signed hamsik 2 years ago for free....i dunno man,we got marchisio,tiago,ekdal,poulsen,momo,zanetti...6 for 2 positions...

i thing Gio can provide decent cover as left winger and if we dont go for Diego then Silva or Mata are perfect options for me(due to Valencia financial problems),what do you think guru?
    It's not whole transfer but something that would help us a lot.I'm aware we have many players there but we'd get a lot with Hamsik in.

We can loan out Ekdal to Siena and get some free points.Momo should be starter and lets say next to Hamsik.Zanetti is injury prone while Marchisio and Tiago can be subs.We have 1 player that we don't really need.

I agree we screwed it when we missed Hamsik right in front of our eyes.

Silva is great but he's too attacking for our style.That way left back would have to cover more probably.Mata is indeed good.

As I said,we should see if Giovinco can play there and not insist to buy a new AML all the time.Because if he can (and he probably can since he was great there) our team would be stronger because we'd get better players on other positions where we aren't that good.One of the good transfers would be Gourcuff in that case where he'd cover the right side and get someone good in defense where in this case I took Ivanovic because we'd kill two flies in one slap since we'd get both RB and CB positions covered.

It's hard to say no to Diego but it might be smarter to stick with Giovinco.

The way I counted we should be able to cover it financially and we'd be good.

I don't think Milan would let him go for anything less than what they asked Bordeaux for (15m).
    Not much changed.The way I did it we'd spend ~41mln which is acceptable.So would 45mln be.

He would rotate him with Camo which would be great and he'd be top signing IMO.Camo misses a lot of matches so he'd get decent amount of minutes and not to mention he can just replace him in a couple of years.

RavaneVialli

Jan 27, 2008
    Buffon

Ivanovic-Chiellini-Legro-De Ceglie

Camo-Sissoko-Hamsik-Giovinco

Amauri/Trez-Del Piero
    Ranieri is not willing to play Giovinco on the left side even if there's Zanetti next to Sissoko in the middle, so it is impossible for us to play that offensive. Hamsik would fit in if there were Nedved on the left or his successor of good defensive abilities and probably a far better LB than De Ceglie, so Hamsik would for sure move Giovinco to Del Piero's position permanently. But as I said, according to Secco we aren't interested in buying Hamsik at all.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #106
    Ranieri is not willing to play Giovinco on the left side even if there's Zanetti next to Sissoko in the middle, so it is impossible for us to play that offensive. Hamsik would fit in if there were Nedved on the left or his successor of good defensive abilities and probably a far better LB than De Ceglie, so Hamsik would for sure move Giovinco to Del Piero's position permanently. But as I said, according to Secco we aren't interested in buying Hamsik at all.
    Nedved does cover a lot but is not so good defensively and we shouldn't be afraid to play Giovinco there nor we should have all midfielders good defensively.De Ceglie still needs to learn but he'll be decent for us.I don't know how far we'll go in Champions League hence I can't say the accurate numbers considering our transfers budget.If we get more money we can easily invest in some LB.Not expensive,but good one.10mln euros could be enough.Maybe we'd be willing to try with Clichy and get his old form.As for what Secco said,I don't believe what they say to media much.In the most of the cases it's just their tactic.

Buying someone great for AML can just ruin Giovinco because he wouldn't get much time I guess.He's not that young anymore,it's time for him to play whole matches.Machester did it with Cristiano.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Buffon

Ivanovic-Chiellini-Legro-De Ceglie

Camo-Sissoko-Hamsik-Giovinco

Amauri/Trez-Del Piero

back ups

Manninger

Grygera-Mellberg-Sakho-Molinaro

Gourcuff-Marchisio-Tiago/Poulsen-De Ceglie

Iaquinta-Trez
    Not a chance :D

First of all, i think i know how our mercato will look. We'll spend most of the money on a Nedved replacement and that new guy certainly won't be a MC. He'll be either a ML or an AMC that can play on the left.
    The remaining money will be spent on a sub RB who won't cost us more than 4-5m eur and a sub CB (with Legro, Mellberg and Chiellini doing excellent i can't imagine our directors spending money on a CB). This sub CB may easily be another Stendardo/Knezevic. Somebody who'll be loaned to Juve with the rights to buy.

We already have 6 MCs. There is absolutely no chance we'll buy another one. We have 4 strikers (+Giovinco) so i don't see us buying someone like Gourcuff either.

In other words, this is our summer mercato:
    Motta 5m
    Diego 25m
    "Knezevic" loan

Total: 30m euro.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004

First of all, i think i know how our mercato will look. We'll spend most of the money on a Nedved replacement and that new guy certainly won't be a MC. He'll be either a ML or an AMC that can play on the left.
    The remaining money will be spent on a sub RB who won't cost us more than 4-5m eur and a sub CB (with Legro, Mellberg and Chiellini doing excellent i can't imagine our directors spending money on a CB). This sub CB may easily be another Stendardo/Knezevic. Somebody who'll be loaned to Juve with the rights to buy.

We already have 6 MCs. There is absolutely no chance we'll buy another one. We have 4 strikers (+Giovinco) so i don't see us buying someone like Gourcuff either.

Motta 5m
    Diego 25m
    "Knezevic" loan

We might also sell and replace with a not so flashy name. Tiago or Poulsen may be sold to make room for that player. I see Ekdah being loaned out. He is now ready to play first team football with a small Serie A team.

I don't think Iago will be loaned out only to prevent what happened with Giovinco to happen with him (great expectations, media pressure and other pressure)

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #109

Motta 5m
    Diego 25m
    "Knezevic" loan

The way I said it was how I'd like it to happen not what I think it's going to happen.

We will probably sell Zebina and someone so what makes you think we will have just 25mln to spend?We should have more money available.For this season we spent 36mln euros (in summer...but we did sell many players) and now that we're in Champions League I don't see why we shouldn't spend at least 45mln.We do have 6MCs and I said what should we do with them. quality>quantity ,if some is in our way we can always sell.We have too many of them.

We should find someone capable of replacing Camo when he's out and we should not stick with Marchionni,thats for sure.Camo misses a lot so we should have someone pretty good.Not to mention he isn't getting any younger so Gourcuff would be just perfect. :p

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    We might also sell and replace with a not so flashy name. Tiago or Poulsen may be sold to make room for that player. I see Ekdah being loaned out. He is now ready to play first team football with a small Serie A team.
    I agree. This could easily happen.
    I'd only put the bolded part a little differently: Tiago or Poulsen won't be sold to make a room for the new player. They will be sold to provide the cash needed for the Nedved sub.

Now, many things depend on the second part of this season. If we have a great season, especially in Europe, we may be even more active on the market. If we have a very bad season Ranieri may leave and there will be lots of changes.
    But if we have a solid season and Ranieri keeps his position then i don't expect many changes. 2 players for every position. That's what we're doing.

In CM we found ourselves with 3 players for every position and that's only because we couldn't sell Tiago. I'm pretty sure that if we sold Tiago we wouldn't have bought anyone. Actually, we already bought the player to replace Tiago, and that's Poulsen.
    So, if we end up selling Tiago there is a good chance that we won't even replace him (because we already have enough cover on MC) and we'll use that cash for the "Diego" purchase, or we will replace him with , as you said, a not so flashy name.

20-30M is our transfer budget imo (+selling some players). We must have in mind the world crisis and we should be aware that we won't invest some crazy money for transfers.

We'll only fix some holes (Zebina's injury, Nedved retirement, Knezevic back to Livorno) and maybe sell some of our bench players for profit and then replace them with someone cheaper.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Even though i think that it would be in Juve's benefit to get themselves a better coach, i still think it would be unfair to sack Ranieri. To be completely fair to the guy. he has worked wonders with the players at his disposal.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    Even though i think that it would be in Juve's benefit to get themselves a better coach, i still think it would be unfair to sack Ranieri. To be completely fair to the guy. he has worked wonders with the players at his disposal.

Not only that but ive really loved the way he has intergated the youngsters with the experience players too. he loves giving youngsters a chance unlike that cock smoker capello. It would be a shame to see Ranieri leave if he does but at times like these does he have the mental nerve to drive us to scudetto winners> .....tonight we'll see.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #113
    We'll see how things go till the end of the season.It's too early to say anything.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
    Dec 1, 2005
    20-30M is our transfer budget imo (+selling some players). We must have in mind the world crisis and we should be aware that we won't invest some crazy money for transfers.

We'll only fix some holes (Zebina's injury, Nedved retirement, Knezevic back to Livorno) and maybe sell some of our bench players for profit and then replace them with someone cheaper.
    That's just about it in a nutshell.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see a small mercato dealing pr two before the Feb 2 deadline. Possibly involving Poulsen away to an EPL side and Motta arriving sooner than predicted.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
    Dec 1, 2005
    Poulsen just arrived this summer, you really think the clubs going to let him go that fast?
    Two EPL clubs are 'reported' as having made enquiries about his availability. If the price is right - and allowing for the fact that we have enough players in that role - then the funds could be used to strengthen the defence.

Jul 15, 2006
    Poulsen just arrived this summer, you really think the clubs going to let him go that fast?
    Nope. They won't board don't want to look as though they made a bad transfer.
    thats true,the same happened with Tiago,i m sure that he ll get his chances next season
    It's ridiculous, if you buy a player why wait a whole year to actually use them?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)