Florent Malouda (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He's declined as a player with Chelsea. he isn't half as good as he used to be with Lyon, maybe due to the Ligue being an average league. I don't rate him like i used to.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He's a good winger no doubt, and he would fit in Ranieri's classic 4-4-2 system well, he's also a hard worker thats always willing to track back. But for some reason i started having my doubts about him. Used to wish he played for Arsenal back when he was with Lyon, not so much anymore.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #9
    Well I think if we sign him he'd be good old Malouda from Lyon days.As Fred said he would fit in Ranieri's 4-4-2 and if he gets to play like he did before we would end up with one of the best players who are capable repalce Nedved.I just hope Chealse is going to be reasonable with his selling price.

There aren't many solutions left out there.

Bastian is going to stay there.There's Capel who's good but I highly doubt we're going to sign him.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Capel isn't even starting for Sevilla anymore from what i've seen. Its Adriano on the left and Navas on the right.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #11
    Didn't follow him much recently but he was damn good before and he didn't extend his contract as far as I know.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    He's definitely a talented player. I'm not sure as to why he doesn't play. maybe its got to do with his contract situation.

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
    Dec 1, 2005
    Fred,

Don't you think that part of the problem for Malouda is that Chelsea play such a narrow system with a ponderous build up , often with no or too few passing options, when in possession? Their goalscoring at the Bridge comes invariably from counterattacks when long, high balls are lobbed for 'target' men like Drogba and Anelka.

The same may be said for Kalou.

I'd say that Serie A affords for space for attacks, unlike the Premier League, where often, players in possession, as typically evidenced in today's Arsenal/Liverpool encounter. are given no time whatsoever and are not only closed down vitrually straight away, but often by two, or even three of the opposition.

Malouda would ideally find Spain ideal for his type of game. Like Pires has at Villarreal.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Fred,

Don't you think that part of the problem for Malouda is that Chelsea play such a narrow system with a ponderous build up , often with no or too few passing options, when in possession? Their goalscoring at the Bridge comes invariably from counterattacks when long, high balls are lobbed for 'target' men like Drogba and Anelka.

The same may be said for Kalou.

I'd say that Serie A affords for space for attacks, unlike the Premier League, where often, players in possession, as typically evidenced in today's Arsenal/Liverpool encounter. are given no time whatsoever and are not only closed down vitrually straight away, but often by two, or even three of the opposition.

Malouda would ideally find Spain ideal for his type of game. Like Pires has at Villarreal.

I don't agree, Scolari's Chelsea play the ball on the ground, unlike Mourinho\ Grant Chelsea who adopted a route one to Drogba approach. The style of football they are playing shouldn't be a problem to Malouda.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I don't agree, Scolari's Chelsea play the ball on the ground, unlike Mourinho\ Grant Chelsea who adopted a route one to Drogba approach. The style of football they are playing shouldn't be a problem to Malouda.
    They play on the ground, but don't have much width in midfield. The width comes from the fullbacks.

The system of a relatively narrow midfield doesn't really give Malouda the space which he gets when he gets to play as a more orthodox winger.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    They play on the ground, but don't have much width in midfield. The width comes from the fullbacks.

The system of a relatively narrow midfield doesn't really give Malouda the space which he gets when he gets to play as a more orthodox winger.
    Which he does with France, yet he still performs so terribly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)