FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (2 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So that's it. You and Burke are nothing but a couple of Germans. :jester:
That's the weird part. Americans are always so proud to be American, yet they have to mention their European roots too. We Europeans on the other hand simply say where we are from.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
please don't take burke and andrew as your the benchmarks for all your american prejudice and judgement.

i hope you are smarter than that
No, it's more of a general thing I've noticed. Americans can be Irish, Italian, German or Dutch apparently. And all that without holding a passport or speaking a foreign language. It's amazing stuff.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
thats because the U.S. is so ethnically diverse that it allows for self identification. when ppl first emigrated here all they had were their own countrymen - thus colonies, sections and towns were formed and segregated by ethnicity and those segmentations still can be seen today.

unlike in europe, if you are from france, the only identification would be what region you are from

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
No, it's more of a general thing I've noticed. Americans can be Irish, Italian, German or Dutch apparently. And all that without holding a passport or speaking a foreign language. It's amazing stuff.
Don't forget the 'Scottish' Americans with their ridiculous Tartan Day. :rolleyes:

I'm going to lunch for Father's day. Be back for the match. Gonna have some German food because I'm a German, fuck USA.
That's the spirit.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
thats because the U.S. is so ethnically diverse that it allows for self identification. when ppl first emigrated here all they had were their own countrymen - thus colonies, sections and towns were formed and segregated by ethnicity and those segmentations still can be seen today.

unlike in europe, if you are from france, the only identification would be what region you are from
That is one of the most racist posts I've ever read :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)