FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (12 Viewers)

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Well i don't really support any NT. I like the French NT more than others, this happened because at the time i started supporting Arsenal, most of Arsenal's players were French and played in the French NT, the manager was French too. So naturally i started preferring the French NT over others. But i don't really follow their news, and if there was a better match on tv, i'd watch it over France's game for example. So i wouldn't call myself a supporter per say. But i still understand those who support the Azurri despite coming from another country, especially if their country isn't really a strong footballing nation.
I wasn't pointing my finger at you or anybody in particular when I asked the question.I was just wondering how that's possible because I couldn't imagine me screaming "Força Portugal!"

I don't have anything against the foreign Azzurri supporters,I don't really understand them though:D

Anyway,I'm really looking forward to the Confederations Cup.Italy's probable formation is:

Buffon
Zambrotta Legrottaglie Chiellini Grosso
De Rossi Gattuso Pirlo
Camoranesi Gilardino Iaquinta​

According to CdS.

Aren't you English?
No:D

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Are you not German, Marcello? I stopped caring for the Azzurri after Calciopoli, and now international tournaments seem like a burden to watch. I can't really go for Canada, because they're shit and they lose everytime I watch them. I'd like to be a Croatian fan, I think, but I don't know if the Canadian Croats would embrace someone with polentone roots wearing a tablecloth. I suppose I could manipulate my roots and say that my grandparents were Dalmatian. Maybe Vlatko or Alen could help me out.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Are you not German, Marcello? I stopped caring for the Azzurri after Calciopoli, and now international tournaments seem like a burden to watch. I can't really go for Canada, because they're shit and they lose everytime I watch them. I'd like to be a Croatian fan, I think, but I don't know if the Canadian Croats would embrace someone with polentone roots wearing a tablecloth. I suppose I could manipulate my roots and say that my grandparents were Dalmatian. Maybe Vlatko or Alen could help me out.
Dude, I officially invite you to be a Pakistan football fan. You will have the luxury of never expecting a win and being genuinely surprised and elated when it does win and should the day come that it qualifies and wins (will also settle with a respectable tie) one single World Cup match you will be part of the celebrations.

Marceℓℓo;2032875 said:
@ Tahir

Is it because Marcello sounds English to you?LMAO.Whatever,I take it as a compliment:D

I guess you could consider me German since I spend almost my whole life in Germany.
Well I didn't think your username had anything to do with your real name :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Saying that the Confederations Cup is just for kiddies is simply an excuse for the fans of the better nations to use when they lose. Sorry fans, IMO.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Dude, I officially invite you to be a Pakistan football fan. You will have the luxury of never expecting a win and being genuinely surprised and elated when it does win and should the day come that it qualifies and wins (will also settle with a respectable tie) one single World Cup match you will be part of the celebrations.

I might as well just go for Canada then. :lol:

Mar 30, 2006

As Canadian national team fans we get these feelings anyway. But I am also a fan of Pakistan despite never having seen them play (my parents are from there)

I cheer for Italy in WC though cuz of the Juve boys.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Your parents are from there...pfft...you're Pakistani as well whether you like it or not :D Sure, you're also Canadian if that's your adopted home. I wasn't born nor raised in Pakistan but I'm Pakistani but Sweden is my adopted home.

Mar 30, 2006
Your parents are from there...pfft...you're Pakistani as well whether you like it or not :D Sure, you're also Canadian if that's your adopted home. I wasn't born nor raised in Pakistan but I'm Pakistani but Sweden is my adopted home.
I agree, but i feel foolish as i have only been there once when i was 2 years old and cant speak the language. But I do have a good few friends in the pakistani community too.

I cant name one of their footballers though.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Saying that the Confederations Cup is just for kiddies is simply an excuse for the fans of the better nations to use when they lose. Sorry fans, IMO.
Well, if you support Italy you obviously want them to win the Confederations Cup. And losing to the USA would be a pity. But if I have to choose between the World Cup and the Confederations Cup, the choice is pretty easy.

Get over it, Andy. Italy won the WC in 2006. There's nothing you can do about it now.

Sep 1, 2002
Marceℓℓo;2032875 said:
@ Tahir

Is it because Marcello sounds English to you?LMAO.Whatever,I take it as a compliment:D

I guess you could consider me German since I spend almost my whole life in Germany.
What matters is who you consider yourself to be.

You are lucky to have two great teams to be conected to.

Be greatful you're not American (talking about football only)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)