FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (7 Viewers)

OP
Elvin

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
  • Thread Starter #42
    It's a friendly tournament, so the one of the big teams that is most committed is likely to win.

I'm more interested in watching the U21 Euros.
    What are you talking about? It's an official FIFA tournament since 1997.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    The big teams all called up their best players, and so did the small teams(as always). If you don't care about it, the participants certainly do.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    The big teams all called up their best players, and so did the small teams(as always). If you don't care about it, the participants certainly do.
    I'm willing to bet that the games will have more resemblance to a friendly than a game at a World Cup.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I'm willing to bet that the games will have more resemblance to a friendly than a game at a World Cup.
    I should say: I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think the big teams think this is more than a few glorified friendlies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I'm guessing not. Why did they bring their top players for a glorified friendly?

I quite enjoyed the last tournament actually.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    What I don't get is how can anybody support a NT if you have no relation at all to the country?Somebody please enlighten me,I don't really get it.I for one could never ever support any other NT than the Azzurri.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    Marceℓℓo;2032822 said:
    What I don't get is how can anybody support a NT if you have no relation at all to the country?Somebody please enlighten me,I don't really get it.I for one could never ever support any other NT than the Azzurri.
    if your country does not have a footballing culture (in my case, Pakistan)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    I don't consider myself a supporter of the Azzurri but I take more of an interest in them than other NT other than Ireland because of the Juve players (and the other Serie A players who I watch every week for their clubs).

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    I don't consider myself a supporter of the Azzurri but I take more of an interest in them than other NT other than Ireland because of the Juve players (and the other Serie A players who I watch every week for their clubs).
    +1. I think you will tend to take a general interest because I like the League itself. As for a supporter I guess I would support England.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Marceℓℓo;2032822 said:
    That's because you haven't tried a country with no football culture like Ahmed said, or a country that is too weak to compete anywhere or reach any tournament(Libya)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    No its not. Last time i checked Fabregas, Xavi, Torres, fuck it the whole Spanish NT, Kaka, Robinho, Alves, De Rossi, Buffon and co were playing in the Confed Cup.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    if your country does not have a footballing culture (in my case, Pakistan)
    That's because you haven't tried a country with no football culture like Ahmed said, or a country that is too weak to compete anywhere or reach any tournament(Libya)
    Fair enough.

I don't know what I'd do in your cases.I'd probably watch the matches of the big NTs like Spain,Brazil,Italy,Argentina,France etc but I could never support any of them.

I just find it weird to read "Forza Azzurri" written by a guy from *insert random country*

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    Marceℓℓo;2032849 said:
    Fair enough.

I don't know what I'd do in your cases.I'd probably watch the matches of the big NTs like Spain,Brazil,Italy,Argentina,France etc but I could never support any of them.

I just find it weird to read "Forza Azzurri" written by a guy from *insert random country*

Well i don't really support any NT. I like the French NT more than others, this happened because at the time i started supporting Arsenal, most of Arsenal's players were French and played in the French NT, the manager was French too. So naturally i started preferring the French NT over others. But i don't really follow their news, and if there was a better match on tv, i'd watch it over France's game for example. So i wouldn't call myself a supporter per say. But i still understand those who support the Azurri despite coming from another country, especially if their country isn't really a strong footballing nation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)