FIFA Confederations Cup 2009 (6 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Once again our best chances are against Italy, just like I said before the World Cup in 2006. Their slower build up play actually plays into our favor. Brazil is a definite loss unless a miracle breakdown happens, and Egypt is an unknown but I think we can beat them. The only question is whether or not we will lose because of the coach, or win in spite of him.

I just hope these games turn out to be good as it's already been a horrible summer for me.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
From Football Italia

Chiellini:

“The United States are stronger than the side that we faced in the World Cup, but we are ready.”

Italy were held to a 1-1 draw in the group phase of Germany ’06 in an ill-tempered game that saw three red cards.

Giorgio misspoke. We aren't stronger than the 2006 team because our coach is terrible. Bring back Bruce.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's a friendly tournament, so the one of the big teams that is most committed is likely to win.

I'm more interested in watching the U21 Euros.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Once again our best chances are against Italy, just like I said before the World Cup in 2006. Their slower build up play actually plays into our favor. Brazil is a definite loss unless a miracle breakdown happens, and Egypt is an unknown but I think we can beat them. The only question is whether or not we will lose because of the coach, or win in spite of him.

I just hope these games turn out to be good as it's already been a horrible summer for me.

Egypt's team is in decline. Big big decline. They are the Milan of Africa, with a lot of players over 34 years old. 2 years ago they would have given you a run for your money and maybe even were capable of beating you. Not this time around though.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
It's a friendly tournament, so the one of the big teams that is most committed is likely to win.

I'm more interested in watching the U21 Euros.
Amen. Some good football coming up! Also 4 great reasons to watch the Italian U21 team (beyond the fact that some of us are Azzurrini fans)...

Marchisio, Giovinco, Criscito and De Ceglie...

This is their send off! I expect to see Marchisio involved in the NT setup almost immediately after this tourney. Hopefully in the not too distant future, Gio and Criscito as well... PDC seems a long way off, for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)