FIFA Ballon d’Or 2010 (1 Viewer)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Didn't know where to post this so, I made a thread where all related for the awards can be posted.

Short lists for the FIFA Ballon d’Or Gala 2010

The following 23 men (in alphabetical order) are in contention for the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2010:
Xabi Alonso (Spain), Daniel Alves (Brazil), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Didier Drogba (Côte d’Ivoire), Samuel Eto’o (Cameroon), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Diego Forlán (Uruguay), Asamoah Gyan (Ghana), Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Júlio César (Brazil), Miroslav Klose (Germany), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Maicon (Brazil), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Müller (Germany), Mesut Özil (Germany), Carles Puyol (Spain), Arjen Robben (Netherlands), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands), David Villa (Spain) and Xavi (Spain).

The winners will be revealed at the first FIFA Ballon d’Or gala as part of a televised ceremony at the Zurich Kongresshaus on 10 January 2011, during which the FIFA/FIFPro World XI and the FIFA Puskás Award for the most beautiful goal of the year will also be announced for the second year running. The FIFA Presidential Award and the FIFA Fair Play Award will also be presented during the gala.

Who will win?

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Luca

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #4
    FIFA Ballon d’Or? They merged the two awards or something?
    Yup :):
    In practical terms, the new FIFA Ballon d’Or award will represent a fusion in terms of voting procedure as well. Votes will now come from the coaches and captains of international teams – as was previously the case for the FIFA Player of the Year – and also from journalists, who used to nominate France Football's Ballon d’Or winner.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Yup :):
    In practical terms, the new FIFA Ballon d’Or award will represent a fusion in terms of voting procedure as well. Votes will now come from the coaches and captains of international teams – as was previously the case for the FIFA Player of the Year – and also from journalists, who used to nominate France Football's Ballon d’Or winner.
    I bet France Football are cranky that their name is no longer on the thing. It was the one thing that made them known internationally :D

OP
    Luca

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #8
    I bet France Football are cranky that their name is no longer on the thing. It was the one thing that made them known internationally :D
    The French are always whining about something. At least they kept the title in French I suppose.
    Oh and I forgot to add the world coach of the year nominations:

Carlo Ancelotti (Italy/Chelsea), Vicente del Bosque (Spain/Spain national team), Alex Ferguson (Scotland/Manchester United), Pep Guardiola (Spain/Barcelona), Joachim Loew (Germany/Germany national team), Jose Mourinho (Portugal/Inter and Real Madrid), Oscar Tabarez (Uruguay/Uruguay national team), Louis van Gaal (Netherlands, Bayern Munich), Bert Van Marwijk (Netherlands/Netherlands national team) and Arsene Wenger (France/Arsenal).

Will easily be Mourinho.

There will also be the Ouskas most beautiful goal of the year award.

Sep 1, 2002
    The French are always whining about something. At least they kept the title in French I suppose.
    Oh and I forgot to add the world coach of the year nominations:

Carlo Ancelotti (Italy/Chelsea), Vicente del Bosque (Spain/Spain national team), Alex Ferguson (Scotland/Manchester United), Pep Guardiola (Spain/Barcelona), Joachim Loew (Germany/Germany national team), Jose Mourinho (Portugal/Inter and Real Madrid), Oscar Tabarez (Uruguay/Uruguay national team), Louis van Gaal (Netherlands, Bayern Munich), Bert Van Marwijk (Netherlands/Netherlands national team) and Arsene Wenger (France/Arsenal).

Will easily be Mourinho.

There will also be the Ouskas most beautiful goal of the year award.
    Vicente del Bosque should, and will win it.

OP
    Luca

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #11
    Vicente del Bosque should, and will win it.
    Why it's not like he's achieved anything unexpected and extraordinary, he won the world cup with a team that was expected to win it.
    Mourinho, on the other hand, has just done the treble, including winning the champions league with a team that wasn't seen as favourites, then he is making waves at Madrid.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Didn't know where to post this so, I made a thread where all related for the awards can be posted.

Short lists for the FIFA Ballon d’Or Gala 2010

The following 23 men (in alphabetical order) are in contention for the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2010:
    Xabi Alonso (Spain), Daniel Alves (Brazil), Iker Casillas (Spain), Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Didier Drogba (Côte d’Ivoire), Samuel Eto’o (Cameroon), Cesc Fabregas (Spain), Diego Forlán (Uruguay), Asamoah Gyan (Ghana), Andrés Iniesta (Spain), Júlio César (Brazil), Miroslav Klose (Germany), Philipp Lahm (Germany), Maicon (Brazil), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Thomas Müller (Germany), Mesut Özil (Germany), Carles Puyol (Spain), Arjen Robben (Netherlands), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany), Wesley Sneijder (Netherlands), David Villa (Spain) and Xavi (Spain).

The winners will be revealed at the first FIFA Ballon d’Or gala as part of a televised ceremony at the Zurich Kongresshaus on 10 January 2011, during which the FIFA/FIFPro World XI and the FIFA Puskás Award for the most beautiful goal of the year will also be announced for the second year running. The FIFA Presidential Award and the FIFA Fair Play Award will also be presented during the gala.

Who will win?
    Any idea about the voting procedure?

In France football a group of journalists from around the world was voting. FIFA player of the year was chosen after the coach and the captain of every national team gave votes from 1 to 5 to 5 players.
    How will they do it now?

Sep 1, 2002
    Why it's not like he's achieved anything unexpected and extraordinary, he won the world cup with a team that was expected to win it.
    Mourinho, on the other hand, has just done the treble, including winning the champions league with a team that wasn't seen as favourites, then he is making waves at Madrid.
    He deserves it more than any spanish player. Fifa will give it to Iniesta because he plays at some club that is more than a club.
    Both daft Spain hating reactions.

Get used to it Spain won the World Cup with the best players.

To suggest that just because (and Ill remind you that many thought them choakers) they were favourites takes away the glory is plain silly.

Then give it to some manager who saved their team from relagation on a limited budget.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007

To suggest that just because (and Ill remind you that many thought them choakers) they were favourites takes away the glory is plain silly.

Then give it to some manager who saved their team from relagation on a limited budget.
    When Buck noticed that Milito isn't on the shortlist, the first thing that popped on my mind was the 1991 ballon d'or.

This was the top 5:
    1. Jean-Pierre Papin Marseille 141
    2. Darko Pančev Red Star Belgrade 42
    Dejan Savićević Red Star Belgrade 42
    Lothar Matthäus Internazionale 42
    5. Robert Prosinečki Red Star Belgrade 34
    -------------
    Look at the Red Star players and how they shared the points. Journalists were obviously voting for the best 3 players of the CL winning team, but they all choose one of the three and thus none of them ended up winning. If only one of them was in the short list, he'd have probably won.
    The same will be with Spain, imo. People will want to vote for a player from the WC winning team, but then they will have to choose between Villa, Iniesta and Xavi and that will lower their chances to win.
    If Milito was in the short-list, then those who wanted to give votes to a treble winner would have the choice between Milito, Sneijder and Eto'o. This way it's gonna be Sneijder and Eto'o only and considering how Sneijder was better in CL and played a WC final too, they will choose Sneijder as Inter's main representative.

OP
    Luca

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #18

How is that a Spain hating reaction, they were expected to win the world cup and they duly did, big whoop.
    Mourinho's achievement is far more monumental is all I'm saying.

Byrone

Peen Meister
    Dec 19, 2005

So if a player is in a WC winning squad they should automatically win the ballon d’Or? That's bullshit.

Sneijder basically carried inter & Holland on his shoulders. He was immense & on form all the way. As much as i can't stand inter, i'd never deny what a stellar season Sneijder had.

He won the treble, got his national team in the WC final & because he didn't lift trophy, it will go to Iniesta.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    I think the only obvious award is the best coach award, theres no doubt that that prick Mourinho deserves it more than anyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)