FIFA Ballon d’Or 2010 (1 Viewer)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Didn't he win that award already?
I think that they choose the winner in December, during the CL knock-out draw.
That's at least how they were doing it in the previous years.

Btw: CALCIO
Pallone d'oro, nessun italiano

For the second time in a row, there isn't a single Italian player in the shortlist. It happened before only in 1958 and 1959.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005

For the second time in a row, there isn't a single Italian player in the shortlist. It happened before only in 1958 and 1959.
That just goes to show how Italy have regressed. They have to pull up their socks big time.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
I don't understand why Dani Alves is on that list? Not to mention some other players like Asamoh Gyan etc.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000

They need to plant some Italians in the teams that actually have a chance of winning something.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

It's a WC year, and Inter have no Italians. There are also no English...no French.....Gyan Asamoah is on the list...Miroslav Klose who had an abysmal club season....

Besides, there are 23 nominees for this award. Buffon, Chiellini and De Rossi can easily rub shoulders with those players.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Which english or french player could really be considered for the ballon d’Or?

Rooney possibly. The rest, i don't think so. Some english fans here were moaning about ashley cole, claiming he's the best LB in the world.:howler:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
It's a WC year, and Inter have no Italians. There are also no English...no French.....Gyan Asamoah is on the list...Miroslav Klose who had an abysmal club season....

Besides, there are 23 nominees for this award. Buffon, Chiellini and De Rossi can easily rub shoulders with those players.
True. This year there are less nominees and the FIFA influence is easily noticeable.

Although, even if it was as in the previous years when there were 40-50 nominees, I still think that this year there wasn't going to be an Italian player in the shortlist. Buffon was usually making it when the other Italians were bad, but this year even Gigi didn't get to play a lot and when he did he was conceding 2-3 goals on average due to the terrible defense in front of him.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Rooney possibly. The rest, i don't think so. Some english fans here were moaning about ashley cole, claiming he's the best LB in the world.:howler:
For making the top 10 candidates, only Rooney.

Lampard too had a terrific season last year domestically and he'd have made the short-list if it was France Football who organized it. From France maybe Anelka.
But from Italy not a single one deserved to be at least considered a candidate for the short list. That's how awful the Italians were in 2010.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

None, because of how the national team played.

Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, Rooney and Cole could all get in based on their ability over a club season, but the England team flopped so that's them finished in terms of this award. It's not an award based on just ability, and club season form lessens in a tournament year.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Lampard too had a terrific season last year domestically and he'd have made the short-list if it was France Football who organized it. From France maybe Anelka.
But from Italy not a single one deserved to be at least considered a candidate for the short list. That's how awful the Italians were in 2010.
Italian players I assume you mean? That's right, no standouts. But it's based on team displays mostly.

Sep 1, 2002

Why must you always make snide remarks or insinuations against Amauri?

Leave him alone, for god's sake.

OP
Luca

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
  • Thread Starter #59
    Inter won a substandard league and although the CL was a triump it no way outshines Spains historic World Cup.
    Bosque is not a marquee name but did what so many before had failed to do, create a Spainish Team.
    Do you realise how silly that sounds every world cup is a historic one. Just because it's the first time Spain won it it doesn't mean it's any more special than the others.
    Mourinho won a treble, that is so much more historic in those terms, somebody always wins the world cup every time it's played, big whoop.
    But it's not every day a treble happens.
    Oh and the whole success of the Spain team is down to Aragones, he set the wheels of motion in place. Even I could have done Del Bosques job from there on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)